....It's the ROC...it is?....

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by Im Not You

It's cool because of the nostalgia associated with the name...but Roc-A-Fella with no Jay around. No Beans. No Bleek, etc. is just unattractive.
Thread/.
I haven't messed with Spitta since the Independence Day mixtape... alright Shonta' you got my attention, let's see how you handle the spotlight.

Because resurrecting the Roc only to flop... well that would be
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

currensy is da only dude to have a roc, no limit, and a cash money chain. impressive

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, never knew he was on No limit
that would be some
f1915be1bd3d92f785c003f357765553fee6f25.gif
if he wore all 3 at the same time
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

85wasagreatyear
wrote:

i want a Roc-a-fella chain
;[

my boy is a jeweler, he had
one
he melted it down for the
gold
frown.gif

your friend is a idiot, he could've chucked it on ebay and got alot more then just da scrap value....on some "game worn" jay-z roca-fella chain[/quote]

Originally Posted by cartune

Kanye is straight Def Jam but Jay's Roc Nation aint moving until he pays Live Nation back the money he owes them. which is why none of his artist are moving. I got a feeling Jay and Dame are gonna rehash their differences and rekindle the Roc tho
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

lulz...

theres something about this. I think he gonna get some strong spitters to build up the Roc and at least attempt to show what the Roc was all about.

He not trying to match what they did with the Roc before, its a new era.

Originally Posted by KnowledgeTheFoundation

Naw Jay is too rich to rekindle anything with broke $+$ dame or broke $+$ curren$y

how is dame "broke" don't you know that you have to PAY def jam to once again have da power to use that label?

dame had that roc chain in da damn attic collecting dust, if he was "broke" that joint would've been pawned quick.

I think Dame has made a smart decision. Spitta has a loyal fan base, and come to think of it, it wouldnt be a reach to get Wiz on his new "ROC" label since Spitta n Wiz are self proclaimed "BFFs". I could see the young dudes making big waves...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Naw Jay is too rich to rekindle anything with broke $+$ dame or broke $+$ curren$y

how is dame "broke" don't you know that you have to PAY def jam to once again have da power to use that label?

dame had that roc chain in da damn attic collecting dust, if he was "broke" that joint would've been pawned quick.
broke is a relative term...i mean not too long ago there were coming for his cars and condos...then his wife left and she was prob the bread winner at the time-

and what do you mean pay Def Jam?  He basically signed a deal with them to use it...he didn't buy it back from them or anything...it wasn't being used, def jam owns it...why not let Dame run with it...if he makes it pop they all profit-  if anything it had to hurt him to have to do that...you know he has ill feelings toward Def Jam and now he gotta work under them again...

and
laugh.gif
@ Jay owing - the tours popped off and the artists under RocNation are being developed still...aint nobody expect J Cole to being a multi plat artist in the time since they signed the deal...

Originally Posted by Kingtre

broke is a relative term...i mean not too long ago there were coming for his cars and condos...then his wife left and she was prob the bread winner at the time-

and what do you mean pay Def Jam?  He basically signed a deal with them to use it...he didn't buy it back from them or anything...it wasn't being used, def jam owns it...why not let Dame run with it...if he makes it pop they all profit-  if anything it had to hurt him to have to do that...you know he has ill feelings toward Def Jam and now he gotta work under them again...

and
laugh.gif
@ Jay owing - the tours popped off and the artists under RocNation are being developed still...aint nobody expect J Cole to being a multi plat artist in the time since they signed the deal...

Not sure about Dame's wife being the bread winner. Dame owns a substantial part of that company. But divorce and child support will take their toll on him. 
Plus, just because Dame wasn't putting out records doesn't mean he wasn't making residual paper from his Roc days. As it's been widely noted, he does on the master to Reasonable Doubt. 

I figured this would be getting $#%# on in here. I'm surprised it's not. 

It's a smart move to take control of that established brand again. 

And remember, Roc A Fella didn't start out on top of the world. Those dude's struggled through the "In My Lifetime" days. %%$*#% deals getting offered to them before they hit the homerun with "Ain't No $#$+%". 

Most people say Foxy saved Jay. And Jay don't seem to $!*$ with her no more either.......

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by Kingtre

and
laugh.gif

Not sure about Dame's wife being the bread winner. Dame owns a substantial part of that company. But divorce and child support will take their toll on him. 
Plus, just because Dame wasn't putting out records doesn't mean he wasn't making residual paper from his Roc days. As it's been widely noted, he does on the master to Reasonable Doubt. 

I figured this would be getting $#%# on in here. I'm surprised it's not. 

It's a smart move to take control of that established brand again. 
the Rachel part was kinda facetious but it prob wasn't off by much...

And I was disagreeing with the "broke" part...i mean compared to Jay-z yea he was broke....but not compared to most NTers....

lastly i dont know about the "established brand" thing - i mean nobody is buying records anymore off the strength of what label its on...if people rock with currency they'll cop but somebody is not gonna just see Roc-a-Fella and give it a chance ....

again more power to him...but i see this as a move aimed at irritating jay more than anything...he was doing his little "blac- roc" indy thing...now hes back up under Def Jam-

we'll see...interesting to see how it works out...the website is prob dated but it still lists Jay Z, Jadakiss, Kayne, and Beans as roc artists

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Sidenote, what does bleek do all day?
Argue with me on NT...

But ANYway, I'm all for Dame rebuilding his name and brand, but could he have found a more BORING artist to do it with??  I mean Currensy & Big Sean are runnin neck & neck for the MOST boring cats out there...

I'm excited for Dame hopefully he has his screws bolted on tight this time he's got a lot riding now. Plus i'm a big fan of Curren$y, but he can't afford to fail this time around like they say 3rd times a charm...hope it rings true for him

and that Wiz move would be dope i could use a whole album that sounds like How Fly - In the Middle is the perfect example

I skimmed through the thread and didn't see it answered but who the hell is Jadakiss signed to? I'm looking at my Jada cd case and it says Rocafella Records? The hell?

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

That's what confused the hell out of me...

Talk about havin BAD luck with record labels
smh.gif

Yea I saw you ask it on the 1st page and skimmed through and didn't see it answered. I never understood why Jada wasn't on Roc Nation to begin with but how the hell is this going to work out for him? I wonder does Jay even have anything to do with Jada? His album says Rocafella but I wonder did Jay even hear that album or give any input?

Back
Top Bottom