....It's the ROC...it is?....

Jay was on the warm up single to the album doing ad-libs so I'm sure he had a hand in it.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

That's what confused the hell out of me...

Talk about havin BAD luck with record labels
smh.gif

Yea I saw you ask it on the 1st page and skimmed through and didn't see it answered. I never understood why Jada wasn't on Roc Nation to begin with but how the hell is this going to work out for him? I wonder does Jay even have anything to do with Jada? His album says Rocafella but I wonder did Jay even hear that album or give any input?

he got signed on roca-fella and THEN jay-z bolted..remember jigga owed one more album to def jam and instead he paid them a couple mil to get off da label.

honestly i think jadakiss would've been taken cared ALOT better on cash money when baby and wayne were courting him.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

After securing a new deal with Jay-Z and Roc-A-Fella Records, Jadakiss began recording in 2008. After multiple push backs, the album was given an April 7, 2009 release date.
Hmm...

so what happens now?

Guess we'll have to wait for KleanKicks to come in here with his insider info since he's on of the MANY brainiacs ruining sure shot projects over @ IDJ as we speak...

There prolly havin a meeting right now about the AMAZING work they've been doin in the genre
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by HUYNHer

Curren$y as the new Rocafella anchor. Wow, it was great to straight up witness him come up.

currensy is da only dude to have a roc, no limit, and a cash money chain. impressive
son is like shaq he ran with d wade kobe and lebron

Originally Posted by L7OSER

what if everyone signs back to the Roc but Jay?????

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Now wouldn't THAT be some %$$%

Jay would be boiling inside

but I doubt that would happen...

/\ Just curious...why would Jay-Z be boiling inside?

It's like Kobe being mad if the Lakers got rid of him and brought Shaq back.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I hear what you saying...

But that *+*$$ prolly already feel SOME kind of way by this deal in the 1st place I'm sure..

he prolly feel like it's a slap in his face..

If Dame was to do such a thing ( which I doubt for obvious reasons ..Maybe Beans)

to say he would be on some nonchalant *shrug shoulders* "oh well on to the next one, they needed me more than I need them" type !!@* don't make sense to me

ESP with all the history they both have with Rocafella

Kobe would be heated I'm sure If the Lakers got rid of him and signed Shaq Regardless of whatever situation, just the principal of it ...
laugh.gif

It's easy to say he won't care when a *+*$$ AS smart as Dame has be been outta sight outta mind in the industry for awhile..

Now That dame IS back WITH the Rocafella name...

I can't help to believe that dude feels a certain way...

Curren$y as the new Rocafella anchor. Wow, it was great to straight up witness him come up.

currensy is da only dude to have a roc, no limit, and a cash money chain. impressive
laugh.gif
yea... dependin on how u look at it.

Originally Posted by wayne looney

June 15th, June 15th??

smh.gif

April 27th, May 18th, June 15th?

yes im mad
mad.gif
same here... but i kinda figured SOMETHING was gonna happen. Curren$y and Wiz can't put a mixtape out on the right date to save their lives.

u frontin if u dont think Kobe would be mad at that... especially if they won a ring afterwards

But if Wiz somehow signed too...
eek.gif
... and thinkin about it, now that Dame has the label, that whole thing wit Mos Def, Jay Elec, and Curren$y could happen

You KNOW Steadman is geh like that...

Just a jelous, playa hatin coward...

I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted to throw a rench in Dame's plan in whatever way he can...

honestly i think jadakiss would've been taken cared ALOT better on cash money when baby and wayne were courting him.

Same way Jae Millz is being take care of by Baby and Wayne right??

Originally Posted by Deuce King

do you see jae millz missing meals? that dude's ego is da biggest i've ever seen it..son is PROUD to be da tony yayo cashmoney/young money...so imagine

a actual rap monster like jadakiss.

Roc Nation is really going to be a problem once Kanye & Rihanna move over after their next (last) LP's.

do you see jae millz missing meals? that dude's ego is da biggest i've ever seen it..son is PROUD to be da tony yayo cashmoney/young money...so imagine

I can't even disrepect Tony Yayo (Nay Nimbley) like that by referring to Jae Millz as such.  As least Yayo was allowed to drop an album, Jae Millz............not so much.  Jae Millz aint drop an album on Cash Money and dam sure never will drop an album on Cash Money.  His one and only job is the clean the bathrooms in the Cash Money/Young Money offices, if he has an ego over that than more power to him.  Jada did good numbers with his last release so thus far he's doing good being on the Roc.  

no offense but NT is way off when they talk about labels

like ninja said, these dudes aint broke, and Wayne dropped a big album then went to jail... what you expect?

NT was saying BoB didnt get any support from TI... next thing you know BOB sellin crazy

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

You KNOW Steadman is geh like that...

Just a jelous, playa hatin coward...

I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted to throw a rench in Dame's plan in whatever way he can...

I think he'll try too...

But Lyor and Kevin don't run IDJ and Steadman is no longer there

I'm sure If Shawn had that type of power he would've gotten the deal deaded before it even got to the table

So I think Dame should be cool..

Like I said before I'm happy he is involved with music again...

It's gonna be a VERY interesting summer

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by KnowledgeTheFoundation

Naw Jay is too rich to rekindle anything with broke $+$ dame or broke $+$ curren$y

how is dame "broke" don't you know that you have to PAY def jam to once again have da power to use that label?

dame had that roc chain in da damn attic collecting dust, if he was "broke" that joint would've been pawned quick.
broke is a relative term...i mean not too long ago there were coming for his cars and condos...then his wife left and she was prob the bread winner at the time-

and what do you mean pay Def Jam?  He basically signed a deal with them to use it...he didn't buy it back from them or anything...it wasn't being used, def jam owns it...why not let Dame run with it...if he makes it pop they all profit-  if anything it had to hurt him to have to do that...you know he has ill feelings toward Def Jam and now he gotta work under them again...

and
laugh.gif
@ Jay owing - the tours popped off and the artists under RocNation are being developed still...aint nobody expect J Cole to being a multi plat artist in the time since they signed the deal...

Not sure about Dame's wife being the bread winner. Dame owns a substantial part of that company. But divorce and child support will take their toll on him. 
Plus, just because Dame wasn't putting out records doesn't mean he wasn't making residual paper from his Roc days. As it's been widely noted, he does on the master to Reasonable Doubt. 

I figured this would be getting $#%# on in here. I'm surprised it's not. 

It's a smart move to take control of that established brand again. 
the Rachel part was kinda facetious but it prob wasn't off by much...

And I was disagreeing with the "broke" part...i mean compared to Jay-z yea he was broke....but not compared to most NTers....

lastly i dont know about the "established brand" thing - i mean nobody is buying records anymore off the strength of what label its on...if people rock with currency they'll cop but somebody is not gonna just see Roc-a-Fella and give it a chance ....

again more power to him...but i see this as a move aimed at irritating jay more than anything...he was doing his little "blac- roc" indy thing...now hes back up under Def Jam-

we'll see...interesting to see how it works out...the website is prob dated but it still lists Jay Z, Jadakiss, Kayne, and Beans as roc artists

I kind of agree and disagree. I think you can still see brand power. Cash Money. Young Money. 
Problem is, Roc A Fella has been dormant for so long, and most will know it's not the same. But it's not a bad thing persay. Time will tell. 

Agreed that it's an odd move just because of this whole "indie" anti "wack world" campaign he's been on and now he's back in the system to a certain extent. But it's a P+D deal so he'll still have his artistic control. 

But if you think about the whole Blac Roc thing, well that would still fit in nicely under a RocAFella umbrella. Dude did 50k on that album on his own in like 6 months. Straight indie. I'm sure with a bit of a major push, he could do 100+. 

The majors can still push you out there much further and harder. Currency has done all the groundwork. He needs that extra now. Unless it just turns out he was never meant to be a mainstream artist. 

ninjahood wrote:

Deuce King wrote:

I can't even disrepect Tony Yayo (Nay Nimbley) like that by referring to Jae Millz as such.  As least Yayo was allowed to drop an album, Jae Millz............not so much.  Jae Millz aint drop an album on Cash Money and dam sure never will drop an album on Cash Money.  His one and only job is the clean the bathrooms in the Cash Money/Young Money offices, if he has an ego over that than more power to him.  Jada did good numbers with his last release so thus far he's doing good being on the Roc.  

jada would've done BETTER numbers on cash money..everything else you said about jae millz is all relative, he knows he ain't dropping anytime soon, but he's so content

about getting show money and keeping his buzz with his mixtape releases that he don't really care "don't ask when i'm dropping my album, i got a a gold plaque for

da young money album."

I skimmed through the thread and didn't see it answered but who the hell is Jadakiss signed to? I'm looking at my Jada cd case and it says Rocafella Records? The hell?

All of the artists that were still under contract with Roc-A-Fella were flipped into Def Jam artists....which is why Young Chris, Kanye, Jada and the
rest of em are still on Def Jam...i assume they'll all head over to Roc Nation once their contracts are up.

Originally Posted by WhUtIzIt

I skimmed through the thread and didn't see it answered but who the hell is Jadakiss signed to? I'm looking at my Jada cd case and it says Rocafella Records? The hell?

All of the artists that were still under contract with Roc-A-Fella were flipped into Def Jam artists....which is why Young Chris, Kanye, Jada and the
rest of em are still on Def Jam...i assume they'll all head over to Roc Nation once their contracts are up.

thats not always absolute (dipset leave roca-fella/defjam...juelz decides to stay behind)

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

laugh.gif
yea... dependin on how u look at it.

Originally Posted by wayne looney

June 15th, June 15th??

smh.gif

April 27th, May 18th, June 15th?

yes im mad
mad.gif
same here... but i kinda figured SOMETHING was gonna happen. Curren$y and Wiz can't put a mixtape out on the right date to save their lives.

u frontin if u dont think Kobe would be mad at that... especially if they won a ring afterwards
I'm talking a present day Kobe and Shaq.

Back
Top Bottom