ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

Am I in the wrong for thinking that the post-Ultra sets for whichever DJs are playing in the clubs down in Miami will be very similar, if not the same, as their Ultra sets from earlier in the day?

I can see the ones at LIV, Story, and Mansion being similar because they have to cater to certain type of clientele. I doubt they'd play the SAME set, but they'd basically have an idea of which songs are "hot' at the moment and they should play.

also LIV makes it mandatory for DJs to play certain songs each night, and Story is ran by the same people. So the DJs probably won't have much freedom at those clubs. And Story is basically a show stage inside of a nightclub so it's going to have a similar feel and make the dj want to play similar music.

However I'd expect people at clubs like Space for example to have the freedom to do whatever they want and just go in. Same applies to other smaller venues and pool parties.

Last edited:
I can see the ones at LIV, Story, and Mansion being similar because they have to cater to certain type of clientele. I doubt they'd play the SAME set, but they'd basically have an idea of which songs are "hot' at the moment and they should play.

also LIV makes it mandatory for DJs to play certain songs each night, and Story is ran by the same people. So the DJs probably won't have much freedom at those clubs. And Story is basically a show stage inside of a nightclub so it's going to have a similar feel and make the dj want to play similar music.

However I'd expect people at clubs like Space for example to have the freedom to do whatever they want and just go in. Same applies to other smaller venues and pool parties.

LIV and Story do not make it mandatory for DJ's to play certain songs each night. If you're referring to lesser known artists or open-format DJ's that might be true, however they do not tell people like Tiesto, Axwell, Armin, etc what to play.

i think its pretty much assumed they're not going to tell a tiesto or armin what to play

but from what i've heard they can tell a dude like Erick Morillo for example a few songs that are mandatory for him to play as part of his set.

also my homie got them to have laidback luke play pop that as our bottles were coming out and got a few djs to have to play hit it by gta. and none of those DJs are ones I'd classify with "lesser-known" DJs and open format ones.

idk i never really cared about it that much but i can find out exactly how it works by tonight.

Last edited:
Hasn't Mansion kicked out some legendary dj's mid-set for not playing "pop" enough music?

^ actually EDC is filled with a bunch of lames paying way to much for a punch of ****** corny DJS and fuzzy lights.... whatever EDM is is just a capitalist industry that makes millions off peoples lack of understanding of anything that is real and being a sheep to souless nothingless culture much like most of american popular culture...... All parties I got to are never more than 20$..... usually 5 or 10, its about creating a community, building something, enjoying each other, not some promoters whoring out these MP3j's for whatever little formulated and falsely created "talent"

Man people like you need to calm down. It's just music :stoneface:

^ actually EDC is filled with a bunch of lames paying way to much for a punch of ****** corny DJS and fuzzy lights.... whatever EDM is is just a capitalist industry that makes millions off peoples lack of understanding of anything that is real and being a sheep to souless nothingless culture much like most of american popular culture...... All parties I got to are never more than 20$..... usually 5 or 10, its about creating a community, building something, enjoying each other, not some promoters whoring out these MP3j's for whatever little formulated and falsely created "talent"

Dude just made my case for me and is exactly why this thread will never work

Woulda been dope to talk music with you guys because NT is literally the only message board I'm a member of and I love so many different genres of electronic music.

You talk about "creating a community, building something, [and] enjoying each other," and we have the chance to do that here, yet you do the exact opposite by calling everyone into the more popular brands of music mindless sheep with poor taste in music and saying the DJs/producers they're fans of have no talent.

Clearly those things are not what you're about. Most likely you're just a typical NT hipster, ironically being like so many other people in your conscious effort to be different from everyone else.

well, you can criticize him however you want ,including resorting to typical name calling, but what he said is mostly true. look at the lineups for EDC, then compare it to lineups for festivals like movement (demf), bpm, or sonar. i mean, for YEARS they didnt have TECHNO AT ALL at any of their(insomniac's) festivals. NONE. what kind of electronic music festival doesnt have TECHNO? baffling. they used to have a "deep house" stage but that disappeared for years as well, until recently when they finally started booking techno and house again. but even then, its the same ol djs over and over.

if youve only been to festivals and concerts at big venues/clubs, you wouldnt understand, and i understand that. but just going thru the works some of the headlining artists that get booked at these huge festivals, and seeing how popular these acts actually are, its easy to see that what hes saying is right. lots of mindless, souless sheep out there.

i just went to an awesome party this past weekend featuring Ben Klock (if you dont know then well, get to know him). it cost me $15 to see a master dj do his thing for 5 hours in a dark, sweaty warehouse with pretty much nothing but some finely tuned funktion 1s. danced until the very end of his set which ended at 7 am. heres a link to a video from the party. THIS is what a proper party looks, sounds, and most importantly FEELS LIKE. if that vibe isnt there, i cant get wit it. put it on HD.

heres a previous edition of the same party with marcel dettmann, another techno master. this angle is from the dancefloor. can you see and "feel" the difference on the dancefloor betweeen these parties and say a swedish house mafia concert? its night and day.

heres a recap of the same party, for those of you that care about the "production" of parties. look at what can be done inside a warehouse visually.

i think its pretty much assumed they're not going to tell a tiesto or armin what to play

but from what i've heard they can tell a dude like Erick Morillo for example a few songs that are mandatory for him to play as part of his set.

also my homie got them to have laidback luke play pop that as our bottles were coming out and got a few djs to have to play hit it by gta. and none of those DJs are ones I'd classify with "lesser-known" DJs and open format ones.
yea fck a party like that. fck bottle service, and all taht bs...you know what djs seem to hate the most? being told what to play.

Hasn't Mansion kicked out some legendary dj's mid-set for not playing "pop" enough music?
yea they kicked off dennis ferrer and dj shadow. smh...

slim420, cool story bro.

Why don't you continue having way more fun than us at your $15 warehouse parties and stop being a jerkoff?

If you don't like the music, why comment on EDC or their events at all?

P.S. Wanna hear this really awesome Skrillex song I just heard? It's really awesome, I swear.

People have different tastes just shut the **** up. They're sheep and you're cool and different heres your ******g cookie.

Can we get back to enjoying the music, we are allowing a handful of posters who havent even been active pieces to this thread destroy it. Post music or ****. I just posted 3 tracks asking for suggestions and got none. Id post more but im mobile.

slim420, cool story bro.

Why don't you continue having way more fun than us at your $15 warehouse parties and stop being a jerkoff?

P.S. Wanna hear this really awesome Skrillex song I just heard? It's really awesome, I swear.

1. i will, and at clubs, festivals, etc, if the lineup is right. how am i being a jerkoff? since when did having an opinion become being a jerkoff?
did i call anyone names? did i belittle anyone in this thread? thats being done by people like you. you just called me a jerkoff.

2. why are you asking me this when its pretty obvious if you read my post? am i not allowed to comment on anything that i dont like?

3. no, thank you tho.

Last edited:
People have different tastes just shut the **** up. They're sheep and you're cool and different heres your ******g cookie.

Can we get back to enjoying the music, we are allowing a handful of posters who havent even been active pieces to this thread destroy it. Post music or ****. I just posted 3 tracks asking for suggestions and got none. Id post more but im mobile.

why does my opinion offend you so much?

when did i claim to be "cool and different"? there are many people out there that like the same stuff i do, so i dont see how different i am.

i have given many suggestions on this thread, including a few tracks, a set, and a list of artists. i feel ive been pretty active and helpful to people on this thread.
just gotta come at me right. try not starting off with sarcastic insults.

slim420, cool story bro.

1. i will, and at clubs, festivals, etc, if the lineup is right. how am i being a jerkoff? since when did having an opinion become being a jerkoff?
did i call anyone names? did i belittle anyone in this thread? thats being done by people like you. you just called me a jerkoff.

2. why are you asking me this when its pretty obvious if you read my post? am i not allowed to comment on anything that i dont like?

3. no, thank you tho.
"lots of mindless, souless sheep out there."

Really, not insulting? Not belittling?

frostythepoptart, check out Sleigh Bells first album, Treats. Also, "Neon Knights" by MSTRKRFT

nope. didnt direct it at you or anyone else in here. read that sentence one more time, pay attention to the context, and think about it.

i guess its only insulting if you think youre one of those mindless souless sheep out there. if youre not, then doesnt apply to you right?

nope. didnt direct it at you or anyone else in here. read that sentence one more time, pay attention to the context, and think about it.

i guess its only insulting if you think youre one of those mindless souless sheep out there. if youre not, then doesnt apply to you right?
You asked, "did i call anyone names? did i belittle anyone in this thread?"

So, yeah, you did. And you have told people here that they listen to **** music, so please don't start trying to play the victim here. You're better than that. Stick to your guns.

Slim420 you obviously have a specific taste and have posted some great stuff. Theres a lot of stuff i don't like but between you and a handful of others saying "everyones sheep, all the people that attend big events are fools wasting money, etc etc" it is insulting and annoying and you come off with an elitist attitude. I enjoy it all the people, rides, art, lights, production. "The scene is dead its filled with bros and noobs who dont know anything" then quit? I dont know what to say

You asked, "did i call anyone names? did i belittle anyone in this thread?"

So, yeah, you did. And you have told people here that they listen to **** music, so please don't start trying to play the victim here. You're better than that. Stick to your guns.

siiighh. dude go read that whole paragraph one more time, and like i said pay attention to the CONTEXT,
and think about it more than 30 seconds this time. i didnt belittle anyone in this thread.

if i say there are rapists out there, am i calling you a rapist?

and yes i have my opinions on certain tracks/genres/etc., but im not insulting anyone or calling them names.
i thought i was giving some well thought out, coherent opinion on some issues. if you take offense to my opinions, theres nothing i can do about that.

oh, no im not playing the victim, im just giving you my observation/opinions.

Slim420 you obviously have a specific taste and have posted some great stuff. Theres a lot of stuff i don't like but between you and a handful of others saying "everyones sheep, all the people that attend big events are fools wasting money, etc etc" it is insulting and annoying and you come off with an elitist attitude. I enjoy it all the people, rides, art, lights, production. "The scene is dead its filled with bros and noobs who dont know anything" then quit? I dont know what to say

i dont think every single person attending certain events are sheep or theyre wasting their money, etc. i dont think ive ever said that.
i think alot of them are. but not all. and i really dont care how people spend their hard earned or easy earned money. i may have an opinion
on the pricing of certain shows/events, but who am i to tell people what to do?

im just saying there are soooo many better producers/djs/parties/etc. out there if you look past the swedish house mafias, the tiestos, the afrojacks, etc that
it may be worthwhile to do some research, dig deeper, and look beyond the surface.

i don't even know where to start except that people need to stop being empathically challenged and just understand and accept that differences in tastes and preferences exist and move on.

also need to stop comparing apples to oranges saying whats better than what.

i'm done doe. when things settle i'll start posting stuff and I hope people keep us posted with their experiences at Ultra/WMC.

Last edited:
i like how the 'bros' and every other classification of people you guys hate on will continue to go to these festivals and have the time of their lives and not worry about you :lol:

I'm all about the "you do you" thought process, but I will forever get irked when I see girls in those furry boots and guys decked out in neon. Leave the colors and dumb outfits to the females.

I just went to Buku festival this past weekend and had a amazing time!

trying to get into more the scene... NT PUT ME ON!

I saw Calvin Harris, Flaux Pavilion, Major Lazer, and Niro :x :x :smh: :smokin

If anyone in the New Orleans area knows of any clubs or places to see acts PM me please!

Back
Top Bottom