ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

All nice choices man. I've seen a few of them live.

Tiesto has killed this year. dude is like 40ish or something but still on the top of his game. adaptable to the trends in edm

wait i thought it was pretty much common knowledge Tiesto uses ghost producers :lol:

also forgot who (i think maybe mat zo or arty) called out armin also.

that hot since 82 beg remix was a favorite of mine a few winters ago when was my favorite DJ at the time. I actually think i might have posted it in here lots of pages back.

also, I'm finally on break from school for the semester, going to definitely at some point find time to explore new music. i need something refreshing to my senses, hope I find something :D

Last edited:
really enjoyed taking some time during the holidays to make this. getting my trance patches dialed in more each time. enjoy!

Anyone else feel like the EDM scene is dying

Like peak edm was maybe last year or the year before?

Anyone else feel like the EDM scene is dying

Like peak edm was maybe last year or the year before?
Are you talking about the rave scene or the music as a whole?
Because the music isn't dying, the current trend in electronic music is future house, so a lot more producers are on that

Rave scene is kinda dying imo doe

I remember hearing SFX has been taking major Ls and changed their CEO or some ****. If that serves as any barometer for  signs of a bubble burst. I thought the popularity of the scene could be marketed to continually serve as sort of a "right of passage" and milk the 17-23 year old crowd at worst if done right.

I think another problem is that a lot of new up and coming talented producers with fresh ideas are using sounds and production techniques that were innovated by EDM, but making music that isn't dance music. And the dudes who are here now are just repeating their same formulas instead of taking risks to be safe and keep that $$$ coming in.

Last edited:
^agree completely.

the genre trends are changing that true. more of anything in the house department getting more publicity. Trance isn't top when it comes to big room clubs anymore. Classic EDM like Hardwell, Zedd and such are still there as headliners for festivals but you notice a huge crowd difference for those watching Oliver Heldens over them. The crowd for Yellowclaw was crazy at Beyond over anybody else at that time. Trap is rising fast to the point where they can't do small clubs anymore and will have to take over where Trance used to play

As for the raves itself I would say they are dying but then again I'm getting old so that might be it because I see nothing but 18 yr olds. highly doubt I'm going to be raving at 25. I've never been to EDC but I'm starting to think its overrated and not worth it.

my friend is at snow globe these days. The thought of being at a 3 day rave in South Lake Tahoe in those temperatures
sick.gif

Countdown was aite
Didn't get a new years kiss, but Kaskade blessed with a great set

Back
Top Bottom