ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

I legit was thinking the same thing. I looked at my keyboard like no way is dude talking about nero. ******g love them. Must be the feeling :pimp:

speedy j + chris liebing = collabs 3000

pretty cool lil video session that shows you how they play together
on traktor. i believe they each have 4 decks running so its a total of 8 decks (not really sure tho, looks like speedy js screen is running ableton at some points in the video.,edit: acutally u know what he has 2 laptops. so im guessing 8 decks + ableton),
each have their own mixer, machine controller etc. pretty dope stuff, and a big f u to the vinyl purists.
imo, it really doesnt matter the format. be it vinyl, cds, mp3s, whatever. if it sounds good i fcks wit it.
ive seen both of them before separately but never together. i hope to catch a collabs set in the future.

Last edited:

happy.gif

A-Trak is one of the best live

Last edited:
I just went to Buku festival this past weekend and had a amazing time!

trying to get into more the scene... NT PUT ME ON!

I saw Calvin Harris, Flaux Pavilion, Major Lazer, and Niro
sick.gif
sick.gif
mean.gif
smokin.gif

If anyone in the New Orleans area knows of any clubs or places to see acts PM me please!
Not the same genres exactly, but my recommendations..

Calvin Harris: Tommy Trash, Porter Robinson, Mat Zo

Flux/Nero: Doctor P, Sub Focus, Rusko, Pendulum

Major Lazer: Pretty much just listen to everything Diplo touches

speedy j + chris liebing = collabs 3000

pretty cool lil video session that shows you how they play together
on traktor. i believe they each have 4 decks running so its a total of 8 decks (not really sure tho, looks like speedy js screen is running ableton at some points in the video.,edit: acutally u know what he has 2 laptops. so im guessing 8 decks + ableton),
each have their own mixer, machine controller etc. pretty dope stuff, and a big f u to the vinyl purists.
imo, it really doesnt matter the format. be it vinyl, cds, mp3s, whatever. if it sounds good i fcks wit it.
ive seen both of them before separately but never together. i hope to catch a collabs set in the future.

nice ill check it out later.

richie hawtin & deadmau5 played a b2b minimal set 2 days ago at sxsw. i was wondering how they collab on it.

Not the same genres exactly, but my recommendations..
Calvin Harris: Tommy Trash, Porter Robinson, Mat Zo
Flux/Nero: Doctor P, Sub Focus, Rusko, Pendulum
Major Lazer: Pretty much just listen to everything Diplo touches

on point with flux/nero similarities. also i'd recommend exploring Zeds Dead and Bassnectar for dub. I can listen to both of them literally every single day.

Zeds Dead

also if you liked those check out toot toot, wild heart, and woods.

Bassnectar

wouldn't say Tommy Trash, Porter, and Mat Zo are similar to Calvin Harris at all really. all three are dope as **** though.

Calvin Harris is more about catchy melodies with vocals that you can almost see being played on a pop radio station.

For Calvin Harris similarities I'd recommend Kaskade

definitely check out Example.
Swedish House Mafia
don't you worry child, save the world, one w/ pharrell are their popular songs

also avicii
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bek1y2uiQGA

don't give up on us, fade into darkness, and rapture are all great songs he made a while back.

for major lazer dude was right about diplo. GTAs Booty Bounce and Shake Dem is also fire.

btw i'd be surprised if you weren't on drugs during the show. dude just went from not knowing anything ab edm, can't spell "flaux" and "niro" to loving everything from major lazer booty poppin, to calvin harris sing-song, to nero and flux brostep all in one night. that **** isn't normal :lol:

aw yeah, back with the old sn :D

never seen the sun shine brighter
and it feels like me
on a good day

nice ill check it out later.

richie hawtin & deadmau5 played a b2b minimal set 2 days ago at sxsw. i was wondering how they collab on it.

yea i saw a lil clip of that yesterday.(was it minimal tho? didnt sound like it to me) kinda cool since theyre both tech nerds. im not too fond of the music deadmau5 makes, but he really is
a pretty talented producer. probably not the best dj but i guess he really isnt a dj in the first place.

i just hope this doesnt mean techno becomes "cool" like house has become recently, although its not likely since techno seems to be an acquired taste.

heres a cool clip of chris liebing explaining his setup in detail. its pretty rare that we get to see this in depth of how a dj plays.
this guy here ladies n gentlemen, is a real dj.

Last edited:
Anybody hear Carl Cox's set from UMF today? I missed it
frown.gif
hope that link gets up ASAP.
His and Fatboy's were the only ones I saw, lil on the mellow side, don't know him too well to name songs but good call on dude who posted the link. repped

also theres a rebroadcast of it tomorrow i think, I'll catch up on it

yea i saw a lil clip of that yesterday.(was it minimal tho? didnt sound like it to me) kinda cool since theyre both tech nerds. im not too fond of the music deadmau5 makes, but he really is
a pretty talented producer. probably not the best dj but i guess he really isnt a dj in the first place.

i just hope this doesnt mean techno becomes "cool" like house has become recently, although its not likely since techno seems to be an acquired taste.

heres a cool clip of chris liebing explaining his setup in detail. its pretty rare that we get to see this in depth of how a dj plays.
this guy here ladies n gentlemen, is a real dj.

ya they were spinning techno. ive seen deadmau5 spin techno at Encore Beach in vegas. it was badass. 95% of the people there did not enjoy it and didnt know what they were listening to :lol:

yeah techno is a super acquired taste, the masses will never like techno. its hard enough getting them to listen to tech house haha.

they gotta switch to my main man carl cox on the stream!!

kinda stoked to see deadmau5's stream later tonight.

Hardwell killed with his set today.....10 new songs + daft punk, linkin park, kid cudi, ,spaceman, clarity, apollo, alive + other song mixes...

Probably the best set i've ever seen and I wasn't even there 
smokin.gif

Cox is going in right now :nthat:
Edit- As soon as I post that they cut away from him :smh:

Last edited:
ya they were spinning techno. ive seen deadmau5 spin techno at Encore Beach in vegas. it was badass. 95% of the people there did not enjoy it and didnt know what they were listening to :lol:

yeah techno is a super acquired taste, the masses will never like techno. its hard enough getting them to listen to tech house haha.

they gotta switch to my main man carl cox on the stream!!

kinda stoked to see deadmau5's stream later tonight.

yea i know they were playing techno, but i was saying i didnt think it was minimal techno.

and haha i woulda loved to have seen the confused look on the people faces @encore lol
but u know what, i have heard deadmau5 tracks taht were pretty techy. kinda liked it actually. he should just fully come to the dark side and leave that
progressive house sht alone lol.

and yea i really really hope techno never goes the way of house as far as commercialization goes. i doubt its even possible but
if it happens, i dont wanna live on this planet anymore lol

Back
Top Bottom