ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

Yeah I'm watching deadmau5 now too, just chilling in the dark with a drink

Hardwell earlier though :x :x :x :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
did anyone else notice the light skinned curly haired chick they kept showing during Hardwell's set? she was gorgeous

Has anyone been watching the Boiler Room SXSX stream? Baauer and RL Grime just threw down garage house for damn near the whole set it was awesome. Skream following up right now with some garage too.

Last edited:
Ultra was crazy mannnnnn, Hardwell easily threw down the sickest set during the days I was there followed by fatboy slim. Deadmau5 was pretty decent too and had good transitions into songs. LIV was pretty cool, and they had alesso spinning thursday. Only problem I had at ultra was water + the amt of chicks who were like 15 :smh:. Sold todays ticket cause I gotta be back in school tommorow and missing the best day... Afrojack sucks too btw, Seen him live before but it was just bad on friday..

Last edited:
Ultra was crazy mannnnnn, Hardwell easily threw down the sickest set during the days I was there followed by fatboy slim. Deadmau5 was pretty decent too and had good transitions into songs. LIV was pretty cool, and they had alesso spinning thursday. Only problem I had at ultra was water + the amt of chicks who were like 15 :smh:. Sold todays ticket cause I gotta be back in school tommorow and missing the best day... Afrojack sucks too btw, Seen him live before but it was just bad on friday..

:smh: i had seen so many braced faced teens on the ultra stream. they def gotta make it 18+. they need to stream some of the smaller stages.

man I finally watched those DJ Chris videos and it confirmed thoughts of mine for a long time that out of all the genres I listen to, I'd probably want to be a electronic DJ but that seems to be the farthest reach from me
laugh.gif
. Money and knowledge of the machines he described just made me quit before I start
laugh.gif

Has anyone been watching the Boiler Room SXSX stream? Baauer and RL Grime just threw down garage house for damn near the whole set it was awesome. Skream following up right now with some garage too.
you actually enjoyed Baauer and RL do their best Disclousure impression? That set was downright pathetic, pretty much play every hyped tune of 2012 then some 2 chaiz + trap, seriously ZERO orginality, painfully corny, these dudes are garbage DJS and have no sound or style so they just swagger jack... nevermind cant even beatmatch

Skream on the other hand being almost black out drunk layed down one of the filthy sets ive seen in recent memory, now there is a REAL dj!

you actually enjoyed Baauer and RL do their best Disclousure impression? That set was downright pathetic, pretty much play every hyped tune of 2012 then some 2 chaiz + trap, seriously ZERO orginality, painfully corny, these dudes are garbage DJS and have no sound or style so they just swagger jack... nevermind cant even beatmatch

Skream on the other hand being almost black out drunk layed down one of the filthy sets ive seen in recent memory, now there is a REAL dj!

I enjoyed both sets thoroughly.

Will.i.am Releases a Trap Song Called #thatpower ft. Justin Bieber

Posted by Stevo in EDM News

Unfortunately this isn’t April Fools yet. Will.i.am has released a new trap track with Justin Bieber called #thatpower. It appears that trap has gone mainstream and is here to stay whether you like it or not.

0]

Last edited:

I like how it says trap is here to stay. I've been thinking the exact opposite that its a fad that's gunna die and this probably just sped up the process. I went to see GTA and Dillon Francis when they were at Webster Hall, and I never realized how overrated the whole genre is after Dillon Francis played a set of almost exclusively trap. It's cool to mix things up in a set with a song or maybe a little cut of a few songs, but it just doesn't have any energy and gets lame when it's played for too long. DJs that have gone away from their house/electro/moombahton roots to mostly trap are trying too hard IMO and so are the fans to create this underground type movement. People are saying its here to stay but once the hip factor goes out, it has too little energy for clubs, isn't vocal enough for radio, and doesn't have much of a place in festivals.

Also it's funny how a lot of "trap" sounds like stuff FL basement producers were putting up on sound click 7 years ago. Basically subpar hip hop instrumentals with heavy dirty south influence.

Btw I'm not anti-trap, I **** with it, actually got cool with GTAs Van Toth when I was in Miami talking to him about how dope his move for me trap remix was, which lead to him guest listing me for them and Dillon Francis back in NY. But then ironically lead me to start liking the genre less :lol:

Last edited:
saw rudimental, bondax, and kidnap kid on monday

just came back from booka shade today

disclosure on thursday.

nyc :nthat:

:smh: i had seen so many braced faced teens on the ultra stream. they def gotta make it 18+. they need to stream some of the smaller stages.

the traps have been laid.

they dead *** didnt upload the 2 sets I wanted to hear most anywhere...alesso and eric prydz. no where to be found. i swear every other dj's set is somewhere online, even a crappy 17 minutes of shm.

this new kaskade track he premiered saturday is too dope

Last edited:
From the sets I heard of Ultra Week 1, Porter Robinson was the best. Dirty drops, even threw some trance in there :x .

Heard nothing but good things about Hardwell. I gotta check his out.

Pic after pic as I scroll on my Instagram is friends in Miami :smh: . Jealous of the weather they are in more than anything.

saw rudimental, bondax, and kidnap kid on monday

just came back from booka shade today

disclosure on thursday.

nyc :nthat:

damn lucky. How is Rudimental? from what i knew, they used to do DnB, now they have a live show?

how was Booka? Did they play a live set? cant wait to see them at coachella!

and how was disclosure? my top 5 must see at coachella this year. im hyped!

Back
Top Bottom