iTunes Organizational Thread....tricks, tips, questions.....

I've seen a couple of you guys post your libraries, and they look really clean.  Well, I reached the point where I would like to organize mine a little better, but I need some help.  How can I consolidate my albums so they aren't broken up?  For example (in the pic), my UMC album by Common is broken up into many different parts.  How can I get this looking better?  Any help is appreciated!  Thanks.

qso5tu.png

I've seen a couple of you guys post your libraries, and they look really clean.  Well, I reached the point where I would like to organize mine a little better, but I need some help.  How can I consolidate my albums so they aren't broken up?  For example (in the pic), my UMC album by Common is broken up into many different parts.  How can I get this looking better?  Any help is appreciated!  Thanks.

qso5tu.png

you would probably have to select all of the UMC songs, then right click and edit them all to say "Universal Mind Control".. just by typing it in again, it should group them together.

you would probably have to select all of the UMC songs, then right click and edit them all to say "Universal Mind Control".. just by typing it in again, it should group them together.

can't see the pic. but is the Album Artist the same?
When mine gets split up llike that its usually because one will have the Album Artist and some will be blank. So just add Common to the album artist section.

can't see the pic. but is the Album Artist the same?
When mine gets split up llike that its usually because one will have the Album Artist and some will be blank. So just add Common to the album artist section.

highlight all the songs that belong in the same album ( if your in list view and using a mac then just select one song then hold down the command key while individually selecting all the songs that you want grouped together) > then right click > select "get info" and put in the correct artist + album name

highlight all the songs that belong in the same album ( if your in list view and using a mac then just select one song then hold down the command key while individually selecting all the songs that you want grouped together) > then right click > select "get info" and put in the correct artist + album name

Originally Posted by DT43

Wrong.

"Universal Mind Control" is broken up because the text in the artist name field isn't the same. Select all, rename it to just "Common" and not "Common Feat. Pharrell" and it'll group them. If you want to re-add the featuring credits, you'd have to manually type the songs each person is featured on NOT in the artist field but in the song title field. (ie. Name: "Punch Drunk Love (Feat. Kanye West)")

Wrong.

"Universal Mind Control" is broken up because the text in the artist name field isn't the same. Select all, rename it to just "Common" and not "Common Feat. Pharrell" and it'll group them. If you want to re-add the featuring credits, you'd have to manually type the songs each person is featured on NOT in the artist field but in the song title field. (ie. Name: "Punch Drunk Love (Feat. Kanye West)")

For future reference, whenever you put anything on your IPOD/ITUNES, organize it then. I can't stand looking at unorganized IPODS. It takes no time to do it. Just for future reference.

For future reference, whenever you put anything on your IPOD/ITUNES, organize it then. I can't stand looking at unorganized IPODS. It takes no time to do it. Just for future reference.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Wrong.

or you can highlight all of them and check "part of a compilation" and enter common as the album artist.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Wrong.

or you can highlight all of them and check "part of a compilation" and enter common as the album artist.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Sorry that MY iPod disappoints you. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Sorry that MY iPod disappoints you. 
laugh.gif

I organized my entire collection (1000+ albums) in iTunes only to find out the info is not written to the ID3 tag. I uploaded my entire library to MediaMonkey and saw that everything I had done in iTunes (album art, artist, genre, format, etc..) was not saved directly to the mp3 files.
smh.gif

Right now my process consists of using MP3Tag to tag all my files before I put it in my library folder as it writes the info directly to the ID3 tag. MediaMonkey also writes to the ID3 tag but I like MP3Tags interface better.

I organized my entire collection (1000+ albums) in iTunes only to find out the info is not written to the ID3 tag. I uploaded my entire library to MediaMonkey and saw that everything I had done in iTunes (album art, artist, genre, format, etc..) was not saved directly to the mp3 files.
smh.gif

Right now my process consists of using MP3Tag to tag all my files before I put it in my library folder as it writes the info directly to the ID3 tag. MediaMonkey also writes to the ID3 tag but I like MP3Tags interface better.

Back
Top Bottom