iTunes Organizational Thread....tricks, tips, questions.....

pimp.gif
got it....

Thanks for the help fellas....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

For future reference, whenever you put anything on your IPOD/ITUNES, organize it then. I can't stand looking at unorganized IPODS. It takes no time to do it. Just for future reference.
Sorry that MY iPod disappoints you. 
laugh.gif

Dude so concerned about other people's iPods.
laugh.gif

For future reference, whenever you put anything on your IPOD/ITUNES, organize it then. I can't stand looking at unorganized IPODS. It takes no time to do it. Just for future reference.
laugh.gif

Dude so concerned about other people's iPods.
laugh.gif

Use Google images or Amazon to get album artwork. Your iTunes is hurting right now.

A lot of the stuff is manual work, but free music comes at a cost.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Use Google images or Amazon to get album artwork. Your iTunes is hurting right now.

laugh.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It is cool man.

But also, I think it might be easier on your eyes if you turned off the Artwork in ITUNES. It is just cosmetic. It is easier to navigate with just text there, IMO. Maybe that is because I don't waste the space on my CPU with Artwork.

Just a suggestion though. Be prepared to spend time copying and pasting.

How many albums do you have?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It is cool man.

But also, I think it might be easier on your eyes if you turned off the Artwork in ITUNES. It is just cosmetic. It is easier to navigate with just text there, IMO. Maybe that is because I don't waste the space on my CPU with Artwork.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It is cool man.

488 albums....

I dunno why, but just last night the lay out of my library REALLY started to irk me.  I found out how to get the missing album covers etc....and now I know how to consolidate the albums that are broken up, I think I'm on the right track. 

I'll probably put some more time into it this weekend....

again, I gotta thank everyone for the help.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It is cool man.

488 albums....

I dunno why, but just last night the lay out of my library REALLY started to irk me.  I found out how to get the missing album covers etc....and now I know how to consolidate the albums that are broken up, I think I'm on the right track. 

I'll probably put some more time into it this weekend....

again, I gotta thank everyone for the help.

Yea that is going to be a big project. Just do a little a day. ANd you will be there in about a month or so.

Good luck LOL

Yea that is going to be a big project. Just do a little a day. ANd you will be there in about a month or so.

Good luck LOL

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

laugh.gif
grin.gif

Usually if you get the correct song information for your library you can just go to Advanced > Get Album Artwork
iTunes will get the artwork for your whole library but it may take a while if it has to get a lot artwork...
wink.gif

laugh.gif
grin.gif

Usually if you get the correct song information for your library you can just go to Advanced > Get Album Artwork
iTunes will get the artwork for your whole library but it may take a while if it has to get a lot artwork...
wink.gif

dude i went through a process when i organized my i-tunes a few weeks ago... one thing i learned is itunes organizes by the Id3tags so with that in mind heres some pointers i have for you *spoiler*

I also organized all the actual files on my computer as well, so this may not apply to you, also
i dont know how to do real spoilers lol someone show me how please
wink.gif
.... anyways

1. Download this program Mp3Tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/) saved me SOOO much time... you can thank me later word to drizzy
2. Learn how to batch convert files via that program, for example you can load a whole album and then save artist tag, and album tag in like 5 seconds rather than going through each individual song
3. You can also add album art to each individual song via the batch convert method as well
4. Delete all files from your i-tunes libarary, then reload once you have tagged all your music accordiningly
5. Enjoy for new and improved i-tunes library

dude i went through a process when i organized my i-tunes a few weeks ago... one thing i learned is itunes organizes by the Id3tags so with that in mind heres some pointers i have for you *spoiler*

I also organized all the actual files on my computer as well, so this may not apply to you, also
i dont know how to do real spoilers lol someone show me how please
wink.gif
.... anyways

1. Download this program Mp3Tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/) saved me SOOO much time... you can thank me later word to drizzy
2. Learn how to batch convert files via that program, for example you can load a whole album and then save artist tag, and album tag in like 5 seconds rather than going through each individual song
3. You can also add album art to each individual song via the batch convert method as well
4. Delete all files from your i-tunes libarary, then reload once you have tagged all your music accordiningly
5. Enjoy for new and improved i-tunes library

Originally Posted by Watchmen

laugh.gif
grin.gif

wink.gif
I thought iTunes didn't retrieve album artwork for music that was imported through iTunes.

laugh.gif
grin.gif

wink.gif
I thought iTunes didn't retrieve album artwork for music that was imported through iTunes.

laugh.gif
grin.gif

wink.gif

It does most of the time. There are times when it won't let you because you have one small mistake in the song info but if the information is the same as in the iTunes music store you should be okay. I wish their was a tool that could retrieve the info for the song from the iTunes store automatically. iTunes won't let you do it for music that didn't come from their store
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
grin.gif

wink.gif

It does most of the time. There are times when it won't let you because you have one small mistake in the song info but if the information is the same as in the iTunes music store you should be okay. I wish their was a tool that could retrieve the info for the song from the iTunes store automatically. iTunes won't let you do it for music that didn't come from their store
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom