iTunes Organizational Thread....tricks, tips, questions.....

My Itunes looks terrible
smh.gif

DUPIN!
Best $15 you will ever spend towards your iTunes.
dupin_portrait_tight.png

With Dupin you can:
  • Very quickly find all sets of duplicate iTunes tracks based on your choice of criteria
  • Select the "Keeper" tracks from among a number of duplicates automatically using a variety of versatile filtering options
  • Consolidate the play, skip, and ratings information from all tracks in a Dupe Group to the single "Keeper" track
  • Re-populate iTunes playlists replacing "non-Keeper" tracks with "Keeper" tracks
  • Purge duplicate tracks from iTunes and send files to the Trash
  • Manage intentionally duplicated tracks
  • Copy tracks to new iTunes playlists
  • View duplicates in non-loaded libraries created with iTunes' multiple library feature or iTunes Library Manager
  • View duplicates in iTunes libraries on other machines on your local network
  • Sort tracks and view track info
  • Export a list of duplicates to a text file
  • Locate tracks in the Finder and in iTunes
  • Audition tracks
In addition, Dupin features:
  • Familiar iTunes-like interface
  • Robust Help
  • Ample keyboard shortcuts
  • Visual progress feedback during operations
  • Customizable toolbars
  • Optional update checking

DUPIN!
dupin_portrait_tight.png

With Dupin you can:
  • Very quickly find all sets of duplicate iTunes tracks based on your choice of criteria
  • Select the "Keeper" tracks from among a number of duplicates automatically using a variety of versatile filtering options
  • Consolidate the play, skip, and ratings information from all tracks in a Dupe Group to the single "Keeper" track
  • Re-populate iTunes playlists replacing "non-Keeper" tracks with "Keeper" tracks
  • View duplicates in non-loaded libraries created with iTunes' multiple library feature or iTunes Library Manager
  • Audition tracks
  • Robust Help
  • Customizable toolbars

My computer's been out of commission for a while, but i finally got around to uploading my library

I can't stand an unorganized library. I've been incessant about keeping things in order since i first got an iPod so many years ago. With as much music as i have...it's a must
Everything stays perfectly tagged (Artist, Album Artist, Year, Album, Track #s, etc)
Artists are grouped perfectly for searching ease. I don't ever make use of playlists...how do you guys usually group those?
High quality album art is a must...i do everything by hand (none of those programs that do it for you). i find by hand to be a lot more accurate.
i try to get 320 kbps rips for every album. i constantly scan the web for high quality replacements to albums i dont rip myself or have lesser quality audio
if any songs have any featured artists, i have to put the "featured" part in the same format "(ft. _______)"
Any time multiple artists are featured, i ahve to use the "&" symbol...not the word "and." I spent a good month scanning my entire library for inconsistencies
853157e596ab25e1e6f076e431e417ee8471782.gif

3005ks5.jpg

2rr56it.jpg

My computer's been out of commission for a while, but i finally got around to uploading my library

I can't stand an unorganized library. I've been incessant about keeping things in order since i first got an iPod so many years ago. With as much music as i have...it's a must
Everything stays perfectly tagged (Artist, Album Artist, Year, Album, Track #s, etc)
Artists are grouped perfectly for searching ease. I don't ever make use of playlists...how do you guys usually group those?
High quality album art is a must...i do everything by hand (none of those programs that do it for you). i find by hand to be a lot more accurate.
i try to get 320 kbps rips for every album. i constantly scan the web for high quality replacements to albums i dont rip myself or have lesser quality audio
if any songs have any featured artists, i have to put the "featured" part in the same format "(ft. _______)"
Any time multiple artists are featured, i ahve to use the "&" symbol...not the word "and." I spent a good month scanning my entire library for inconsistencies
853157e596ab25e1e6f076e431e417ee8471782.gif

3005ks5.jpg

2rr56it.jpg

Originally Posted by Mr718

DUPIN!
dupin_portrait_tight.png

With Dupin you can:
  • Audition tracks
  • Robust Help
  • Customizable toolbars
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mr718

DUPIN!
dupin_portrait_tight.png

With Dupin you can:
  • Audition tracks
  • Robust Help
  • Customizable toolbars
roll.gif

Originally Posted by donpoppa

^ worst $15 most of that stuff can be done for free with itunes or some freeware

Already tried.  I had 17k song in my iTunes and almost 4k were duplicates.  With iTunes you can only sort for duplicates, and even after that, you must listen and select every song you would like to keep.  That's too much work.  With Dupin, I just search for dupes, tell it to keep the songs with the the best quality, and put the others in the trash.  Cant put a price on sanity.... And its $15 bucks, some of you fools spend more than that on shoe laces
grin.gif

Originally Posted by donpoppa

^ worst $15 most of that stuff can be done for free with itunes or some freeware

Already tried.  I had 17k song in my iTunes and almost 4k were duplicates.  With iTunes you can only sort for duplicates, and even after that, you must listen and select every song you would like to keep.  That's too much work.  With Dupin, I just search for dupes, tell it to keep the songs with the the best quality, and put the others in the trash.  Cant put a price on sanity.... And its $15 bucks, some of you fools spend more than that on shoe laces
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom