"I've Seen Every %$+*$!' Episode of The Wire" Discussion Thread

The_Wire_1x06_032.jpg

devil.gif

Avon was my dude. I really wanted to see Marlo get clapped.
Avon respected family and the game itself more than anything.

Lester was that dude too. Without him, they wouldnt have got
all the info they needed from everybody.

Off topic: I peeped Bodie & the mayors man in Pootie Tang, mad random
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

And the discussion of ALL discussions:
Who was more foul....Avon or [Clay Davis] Strang? [/Clay Davis]

I'mm say Avon...only cuz Strang wanted to put Avon in "timeout" so to speak because he wasn't ready for the vision....which, he eventually same to understand but it was too late (see season 3 finale in the scene RIGHT before cops bust in on them gettin' ready for war) Although, I can only imagine going to the cops is blasphemous on the streets, and is always the greater crime. What say you, good sirs??

Avon didn't do String dirty IMO, String #@#!++ himself when he tried to play Brother Mouzone and Omar. He shoulda been more straight up with Avon on howgarbage that dope was. Eventhough Avon was a stubborn _, I think he would have came around eventually. String didn't have to go behind his back. At the endof the day, they were the "Barksdales", not the "Bells". That's what happens when _s don't play their positions.

Originally Posted by PoeGrits

smh at me , i JUST got marlo asking micheal were he got the ring on his chain from.
marlo lost it at the card game from omarrr
omar got hit up with the murder wrap and the cop took the chain
and micheal robbed the cop for the ring

And Marlo took it from Old faced Andre

Marlo definitely wanted the respect more than the money....he basically says in season 3 at the rim shop when he was like "but they was on top...." alluding that he ain't really care what happened, just so long as people could say that Marlo was on top at some point in time.
Yeah. The dichotomy of Marlo and the Greek is one of the best on the show. Marlo, of course, is obsessed with his name, saying, "My name ismy name." He's not in the drug game necessarily for money, but for recognition, which leads to police attention. The Greek, on the other hand, endsseason 2 saying, "But of course, my name is not my name." He is after the money, while keeping his head down and dressing bummy. The way thedifferent values are portrayed is priceless.

D described Strings fate when he broke down the game of chess

"The King stays the King"

String couldn't stay in his lane

Originally Posted by All Ready

D described Strings fate when he broke down the game of chess

"The King stays the King"

String couldn't stay in his lane
I'm more partial to String just like I was more partial to Bunny---Ns just wasn't ready for the vision

nerd.gif

Wee bey was that dude but I mean wit' him gone....
ohwell.gif
it was kindaeasy to forget (more or less) about his character.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Wee-Bey was the realest soldier on the show, by far.

the only soldier come to find out.....*@$%#@ was messin' up hits and +*$%

Didn't I say something bout waiting on a phone call!?

And 'Dre....no disrespect to Bey so you NEED to do something 'bout that stoneface. I'm just saying...he wasn't involved in a lot of the laterdrama/issues because his character was more or less outta the picture after the first season.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Wee-Bey was the realest soldier on the show, by far.

the only soldier come to find out.....*@$%#@ was messin' up hits and +*$%

Didn't I say something bout waiting on a phone call!?

And 'Dre....no disrespect to Bey so you NEED to do something 'bout that stoneface. I'm just saying...he wasn't involved in a lot of the later drama/issues because his character was more or less outta the picture after the first season.

While he wasn't out on the streets, he was heavy in the bing during season 2 and 4. He had some good air time.

1. Why did D lie about shooting Dierdre Kreston in season 1?

2. McNulty is a narcissistic %$@-hole in the worst way... but he's freaking awesome.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

3. Bunk stone-cold-drunk on the toilet, burning his clothes to rid of trace evidence gotta be top 5 funniest scenes.
roll.gif

wl9aag.jpg

sick.gif

I try to watch all the seasons with the commentary on but every time I try to I turn the commentary off and just watch it regular again

Series is just too ill

I've rewatched each season like 5 times no lie and still can't finish the commentary

Anyone notice that Lester was the only one that had a successful (love) relationship on camera?

Or that Bodie always got treated like a stepchild but was one of the most loyal dudes on the show

Or how Randy was a portrait of what would've happened to Wallace if he didn't get killed

I also find it funny how Snoop was so loved but Chris did most of the killing between the 2

And how Naymond got out the game before ending up like D'Angel

There are alot of parallels with characters but I'm tired and cant think of the rest at the moment

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Can some explain why Chris went ham on Bugz pops?

I got the impression that Bugz pops molested Michael and Chris had some kind of similar experience or something like that

Back
Top Bottom