Iverson to the Pistons

i'd be willing to place money this doesnt work out for the Pistons

meaning they dont make it out of the 2nd round of the playoffs

i think you guys are overlooking the fact that this will help rip as much as it helps ai and stuckey ... now you can run ai at the 2 and give rip a breatherwith stuckey at the 1 ... ai will start at the 1 with rip at the 2 and stuckey can work himself in ...

all i could say is wowwwwwwww.....i looked at the link and my eyes just popped right out!....im not really feeling this trade though....i think as most guyssaid, it does work out for denver as billups, back again in denver can help out melo and bring the proper pass first PG the team has been dyin for. I washearin all the talk about Al HArrington wanting out of warriors and tryin to analyse how good a fit he would be in Denver considerin the departure of Camby,and then this happens!....

AI is my boy i've always maintained that, still is my favourite player in the league along with LBJ, and detroit for a few yrs now honestly have been myteam! so u think that should work out huh!?...not at all....

Iverson comes in and really does change that team dynamic IMMENSELY!...billups as they described him is what made that motor go anddont ask for hamilton,i'm sure that devastates him. It's true dumars said that no one was safe, but i thought that meant durin the offseason! i did rea d aartcile earliertoday actualy where it was talked about, but it was said that they'll entertain it more at season's end. but i guess not.

there goes my signature!
laugh.gif

I think it does help detroit, only minutely...but works well with denver, although mcdyess is now holding out! Poor guy, Curry, coming in as a first yearcoach....he now has truly been thrown into da fire to arrange a cohesion with these guys!

Originally Posted by RocAFellaYall

Kleizas and McDyess off the bench is sick to me for some reason

It will never happen because McDyess is being bought out, plus Kleiza sucks @@% anyways. I wish they would have traded his @@%. I'm so glad that theydidn't give Kleiza a contract extension...

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Scottsauce88

Naw, I see what you're saying.

But it was time for a shake-up.
That Detroit team hasn't done anything since that title.
They needed a shake-up IMO. and this is it.

I agree with you the Pistons did need a shake up, but from my standpoint I dont think this is the right one. Im kind of torn because of AI's contractthough. On one hand I don't think AI will help this team take that next step, but on the other hand AI has a contract coming up here that will positionthe Pistons to make a move that I might feel is the right move. Player wise I dont like this trade, but contract wise it makes this trade a pretty low risksituation.

i think you guys are overlooking the fact that this will help rip as much as it helps ai and stuckey ... now you can run ai at the 2 and give rip a breather with stuckey at the 1 ... ai will start at the 1 with rip at the 2 and stuckey can work himself in ...

I just want to know how this trade helps Stuckey? I dont really see Stuckey starting with AI in denver and AI is going to log very heavy minutes.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

and allow Stuckey progress since he showed flashes of greatness last playoffs
How does acquiring one of the biggest ballhogs in the league allow for Rod to progress?

Stuckey to the starting 1 and Iverson to the starting 2...or this can be a lineup during the game.

And to Time...the Pistons have always been considered a balanced attack...hence why no one knew hands down who to give the Finals MVP award to when Billups wonit.

Some days, Billups would lead scoring...or Rip...or Prince.

I like this deal for the Pistons. They are trying to get ahead of the Celtics and Cavs with this one. IMO the nuggets are kinda getting shafted in this deal.They would still be missing something
nerd.gif

i like the trade for both teams.... iverson and wallace is going to be interesting... and chauncey is going to bring stability at the point for the nuggets

put it this way ... detroit wasnt winning !$%* this year as constructed pre trade ... now with ai, you just never know they could take off ...

does this mean that iverson and billups will miss any games this week due to paperwork or whatever?

if so, that might be EXACTLY what I need to win my matchup this week
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

put it this way ... detroit wasnt winning !$%* this year as constructed pre trade ... now with ai, you just never know they could take off ...

they might not have won the championship before, but what does this trade bring that puts them over the top? Its not like they are clearly better than theCeltics and the Lakers or even on the same level. No one knows how the chemistry is going to work out. For all we know this is going to turn into anotherPhilly and Denver situation where AI stunt peoples growth and takes shots away from other players.

dumb trade for the pistons. you gave up your team leader in chauncey and the main reason for the teams success to get back an old ai
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

does this mean that iverson and billups will miss any games this week due to paperwork or whatever?

if so, that might be EXACTLY what I need to win my matchup this week
laugh.gif
Yes, Pistons are playing Bobcats tonight.

This is nothing more than a capspace move for the Pistons, on Dumars front. This is their somewhat version of Miami's Shaq for Marion deal. They have noplans for Iverson long-term.

AT WORST you dont win the ship just like you werent gonna win the ship pre-trade ... AT BEST you win the ship because no one can stop iverson and dont act likethey can ... WHATS CERTAIN is if it doesnt work out ai is gone and so is 30 mil ... WIN WIN WIN situation the buggets got HOSED

This trade will help Detroit a lot.... next season.

I finally get to see what Denver will look like playing organized basketball again.

This trade gets Anthony Carter off the floor. He has his moments, but he really has no business starting in the NBA. He'll make a good back-up though.

This season's success will still depend on our bigs being healthy (which just doesn't happen). Hopefully Birdman can keep up his energetic style andgive us a defensive boost for the season. Billups also gives us a legit back court defender.

Even as an AI "hater", I was still fooled by the hype when I first heard of the Sixers trade. This trade gives me confidence minus the hype. Justsolid proven (albeit aging) players. Hopefully McDyess will stay on board and take over Juwan Howard's role (hustle player/6th man/mentor). I have noknowledge of the center. This should also help Melo a lot. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

At the very least we can now have the real "Team Denver Nuggets" again.
pimp.gif

Billups is from Denver, and has played for the Nuggets already, and McDyess has done two tours of Nuggets already. So they should be aiight.

Matt Geiger can't kill this deal this time right?

Billups is from Denver, and has played for the Nuggets already, and McDyess has done two tours of duty Nuggets already. So they should be aiight.

Matt Geiger can't kill this deal this time right?

Back
Top Bottom