Iverson to the Pistons

Some of you are jumping the gun with this Finals talk. Boston is still the team to beat in the East.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Dont like this deal at all.
NT LOVES A.I. but i'm kinda feeling the same way.

but chauncey has sucked in the playoffs past couple of seasons and you know AI will go all out for a ring

Detroit needs a true PG tho.

I dont like this deal at all from a basketball standpoint (except for the fact that it give Rodney Stuckey that light, he's gonna be a stareventually)....and the fact that Iverson comes off the cap in a year or two....

but Iverson in Detroit, I mean...I know he's past his prime and all that. But yall dont know how popular Iverson was in Detroit when he was in Philly.He's the embodiment of cities like The D, he's gonna get embraced...

My dude Billups tho, him leaving stings fareal (tho he's been bullshii'n in the playoffs the last 2 years). His jersey is going up tho, it has to....

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Some of you are jumping the gun with this Finals talk. Boston is still the team to beat in the East.

Nothing changes as far as the favorites. I still like the deal for both teams.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Wow, last thing I expected.

I don't see this move really making either team better.

I didn't at first either

ohwell.gif

damn i need to start coppin some ai authentics ... home and away philly ... home and away nuggets ... home and away pistons ...

I think this is a great deal for Detroit for 2 reasons

#1 There aren't that many good PGs in the East as it is, most of them are score-first guards, and AI falls right into that category, but is able todistribute as well.
#2 This gives them that closer that is absolutely necessary when you have to have buckets and/or make plays at the end of games (KB, Pierce, Roy, LBJ, etc.)

The deal is good for Denver as well because it moves everyone to their natural positions, Melo should be able to turn that corner into superstardom now that hehas a true PG and JR can jack em up as much as he wants. Downside is that Billups may struggle with all of the elite PGs that he's gonna face (CP3, Nash,Parker, etc.) on D, but I think ultimately this makes them a better team, just not into the elite class of the Lakers, Hornets, Jazz, and Rockets.

And as far as AI slowing down, they've been saying that for the last 3 years, but I haven't seen it. And with this trade, he's probably going to bereinvigorated as this is his best opportunity to win a title, I see him really having an impact and this working out in favor of Detroit. I think this putsthem right behind Boston as the team to beat in the East.

eek.gif

GREAT deal for the nuggets. Esp. if they Get McDyess

This means that no longer do you have to rely on your starting PG being Anthony Carter.

However, the most important piece to this puzzle is....

J.R. Smith.

great move for the Pistons. Now they have a superstar scorer who can create his own shot. I actually suggested this trade in the summer.

billups was Mr. Big Choke during the last 2 playoffs. McDyess wasn't needed anymore because of the emergence of Maxiell and Johnson. plus they got rid ofbillups big contract. McDyess also is making 7 million/yr for the next two years. So if they don't resign AI after this season, they will be major playersin the free agent market. GREAT TRADE for the pistons!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
....I like this deal for both teams. Nuggets finally get a true PG, Pistons get another weapon on O...hopefully he steps the Defense up too.

Woooooooow....

Talk about coming out of left field...

Chasing around Iverson and Rip for 48 minutes?
sick.gif
smh.gif

Let the new bandwagon begin. I cant wait to see all these posts saying "Nah I been a Pistons fan"
smh.gif
laugh.gif

BREAKING NEWS
If you thought this was unexpected, they just added another player to the deal!
Pistons will also be sending center, Cheick Samb.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Chasing around Iverson and Rip for 48 minutes?
sick.gif
smh.gif
Who is gonna get them the ball?

They gonna use TP21 to initiate the offense?
I dont see how this is beneficial for Stuckey.
Me neither.

And you KNOW A.I. is gonna get major minutes.

But maybe it won't be so bad, it'll just cut into the other guards minutes

Back
Top Bottom