[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

No Role Modelz goes hard to me for some reason '03 Adolescence is too clean. Wet Dreamz needs visuals, I could imagine it looking something like Joel's "Call Me" video.

This album is good. Nothing crazy but good. I still can't get into Coles singing on some of these songs and his production is still lacking to me. But the rapping on this **** is dope. Him and Drake are similar but different. Drakes song making ability is great but a lot of times he ain't saying nothing. Cole is ok at making songs but he puts some real substance in his music. You gotta respect that. I've never been a big fan of Cole but I've always liked what he brought to the game. I'ma definitely listen to this some more maybe it'll grow on me.

This album is good. Nothing crazy but good. I still can't get into Coles singing on some of these songs and his production is still lacking to me. But the rapping on this **** is dope. Him and Drake are similar but different. Drakes song making ability is great but a lot of times he ain't saying nothing. Cole is ok at making songs but he puts some real substance in his music. You gotta respect that. I've never been a big fan of Cole but I've always liked what he brought to the game. I'ma definitely listen to this some more maybe it'll grow on me.

- I think the production is good on this tape
- You can't really compare Drake to Cole and Kendrick. Drake is a hitmaker / relationship based rapper and is very good at what he does.
Cole and Kendrick speak on life issues , and connecting with their fans.

Don't save her
She don't wanna be saved
Don't save her
She don't wanna be saved
Don't save her
She don't wanna be saved
Don't save her
She don't wanna be saved

- I think the production is good on this tape
- You can't really compare Drake to Cole and Kendrick. Drake is a hitmaker / relationship based rapper and is very good at what he does.
Cole and Kendrick speak on life issues , and connecting with their fans.

His production ain't never been good to me. 03' Adolescence is the best song on here cuz the lyrics and the beat on on point. Willie B did his thing on there. You basically said the same thing I said about him and Drake but naturally they're always gonna be compared.

Eh, halfway thru the cd i forgot i was listening to a new jcole cd.

His flow was nice, i like the beats, production was good, could have been better, maybe.

He couldnt capture my attention on moat tracks, his lyrics were there, but it was as almost as if you had to sit there and actually listen to the ****. Nothing to turn up to, or wana get in the whip and cruise to. Nah.

I can see why this album is gold already but it just aint doin it for me like that tho. Not dissatisfied, but its not gettin that much rotation in my deck.

My favorite part of this album is that its J COLES ALBUM, No ****** features to make it hot. I think he had gunplay on a hook and thats it.

Last edited:
Been playing this album and Pryhme consistently for the past week. My dude Cole put some heart and emotion into this album and I can appreciate that. The singing on here isn't my favorite, and the production is decent at best. But I'll be damned if the lyrics and topics aren't on point.

Tale of 2 Citiez :pimp:
Fire Squad :pimp:
03 Adolescence :pimp:
Wet Dreamz :pimp: :lol:
Jan 28th :pimp: :pimp:

St Tropez :smh:
Hello :smh:
Apparently :smh:

Been listening to this album heavy and surprisingly there are some tracks that I used to skip that is growing on me , the more spins I give Apparently the more I like it "Hello" is ok just didn't really see the point of it on the album . But besides that when I'm
In the gym lifting I gotta bump a tale of 2 cities & fire squad ... 70% of the time when I'm cruising January 28th is on repeat .

Wow, I love the production on this album. Nothing groundbreaking but each beat fits the song well IMO.

I wish he would have made an actual song with the Note to Self beat though....

Back
Top Bottom