[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Another 120k. This will probably be his first platinum album.

It's crazy man. Never seen so much public recognition for a Cole album before.

Even when Born Sinner did 300k first week it was basically his whole fan base buzzin.

This time around its his fan base AND everyone else buzzin.

Got TV people like Cari Champion posting it on IG, Actors like Michael B. Jordan and Micheal K. Williams posting it on IG, Charlamagne The God Posting about it multiple times, Rihanna mentioning it to her 28 million followers, and so on. whole bunch of other people with mass followings constantly posting and mentioning the album. It's crazy.

A part of me is sad because as an OG Fan I hate the thought of this much success changing who he is and his music, but the other part of me is proud he's made it this far. And judging by Forest Hills I think his music is heading in the right direction.

Lebron shouted him out too, but Lebron has been a fan since Friday Night Days.

^oh yeah forgot about LeBron too!

I know Damian LILLARD & D.Rose been Cole fans too for a minute.

It's crazy how so many different demographics have been put on to Cole just based on a surprise album announcement and 3 weeks of word of mouth.

That 'no-promotion' promotion really worked wonders. had people who never even heard of Cole before buzzin and checking for the album.

The spotify streams say a lot too.

:pimp:

“@chartnews: US Top Album Sales: #4 @JColeNC, 2014 Forest Hills Drive 104,404 (576,723 total).”

I'm surprise Fabulous did 71k also.

Curious to see how the sales hold up now that the holidays rush is over.

Last edited:
Crazy man. Just think about that for a minute.

A rapper not named Jay Z, Eminem, or Kanye West has sold 575,000 albums in 3 weeks... In late 2014.

Mind boggling. Says a lot about his ability to relate to people who appreciate authentic music. :pimp:

Damn near like double platinum in this climates rap sales. Especially with more people using services like Spotify or Pandora more and buying albums less in general with all genres.

Last edited:
I'm happy for not only Cole but the hip hop genre in general that this album is having that kind of success.

Crazy man. Just think about that for a minute.

A rapper not named Jay Z, Eminem, or Kanye West has sold 575,000 albums in 3 weeks... In late 2014.

Mind boggling. Says a lot about his ability to relate to people who appreciate authentic music. :pimp:

Damn near like double platinum in this climates rap sales. Especially with more people using services like Spotify or Pandora more and buying albums less in general with all genres.
Drake and Lil Wayne to that list sir. Even Nicki is over 400k in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Just can't stop listening to January 28th. The track is entirely too nice, damn near perfect. It's been on repeat on my phone since the day the CD dropped lol it speaks to me so much.

This was the only CD I bought in 2014, first CD since Born Sinner lol. Good decision

Last edited:
I may need a late pass but...

I didn't know wet dreamz was supposed to be on Cole World SS :wow:. Makes sense know that I think about it. It is a song you would think to appear on a rappper's 1st lp. I know this song gets some slack from people but it's still one of my favs off the album. I feel it's a story every dude can relate to in some form or fashion and plus I love soul samples :smokin.

sidebar : my 1st post of 2015 :smokin

Last edited:
Just can't stop listening to January 28th. The track is entirely too nice, damn near perfect. It's been on repeat on my phone since the day the CD dropped lol it speaks to me so much.

This was the only CD I bought in 2014, first CD since Born Sinner lol. Good decision

January 28th is one of those Stan out tracks for me also

I thought this album was almost perfect . The only track i really cant get into is A Tale of Two Citiez but im sure it will grow on me. Apparently is my current favorite. When he raps about relationships and his mom :frown: hits me hard

I thought this album was almost perfect . The only track i really cant get into is A Tale of Two Citiez but im sure it will grow on me. Apparently is my current favorite. When he raps about relationships and his mom :frown: hits me hard

For real? Tale of two citiez is the best track to me.

A Tale of Two Cities is easily my favorite song on the album.

HANDS. IN THE. AIR. NOW. HANDS. IN THE. AIR.

tumblr_lxw1oonXuP1r213rzo1_250.gif

RUN IT!

Last edited:
Yeah, Tale of 2 Citiez is by far my favorite track. Is that Swizz on the hook? Sounds an awful lot like him.

No Role Modelz is my fav track on the album so far. I like every song except St. Tropez. Just cant get into the vibe of it. Maybe it could grow on me if I didn't always skip it lol

Cole World: The Sideline Story received generally positive reviews from music critics. At Metacritic, which assigns a weighted mean rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the album received an average score of 75, based on 20 reviews, which indicates "generally favorable reviews".

Upon its release, Born Sinner received generally positive reviews from music critics. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the album received an average score of 71, which indicates "generally favorable reviews", based on 21 reviews

2014 Forest Hills Drive received generally positive reviews from music critics. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from critics, the album received an average score of 68, which indicates "generally favorable reviews", based on 15 reviews

Which one is seen as his best?

Cole World: The Sideline Story received generally positive reviews from music critics. At Metacritic, which assigns a weighted mean rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the album received an average score of 75, based on 20 reviews, which indicates "generally favorable reviews".

Upon its release, Born Sinner received generally positive reviews from music critics. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the album received an average score of 71, which indicates "generally favorable reviews", based on 21 reviews

2014 Forest Hills Drive received generally positive reviews from music critics. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from critics, the album received an average score of 68, which indicates "generally favorable reviews", based on 15 reviews

Which one is seen as his best?

I always feel critics underrate his albums.

His total body of work goes:

FNL>Warm UP>SS>2014 FHD>BS

(BS to me was 7.5 to 8/10 BTW).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom