[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Aight after listening to album through one time. Thoughts:
Tier 1:  immortal, change, folding clothes, deja vu, 4 ur eyes only (no order btw)
Tier 2: neighbors, shes mine pt 2, 
Tier 3: vile mentality, whom the bell tolls,
Tier 4: shes mine pt 1
I feel like replay value will be badd doe. meaninful lyrics but his beats are average af. i want both mang

Agreed. tweeted it but this album ain't for us, it's for his daughter, he's just sharing it with us.

I would kill for a whole album of 4 your eyez only (the song) Cole.

Well Gates dropped an album for his new wife and it still banged. That's no excuse.

This is the most j.cole album I've ever heard :lol:

I've always felt like people tried to paint J. Cole as this 'real' rapper in the Kendrick Lamar lane who really spit and what not, and I've always felt like that was a bit of a farce. To me, he's always sounded like he wanted to be kendrick from a subject matter perspective but still have music that works for the radio and the casuals too.

Until now. He's completely left the pop sensibilities off this album. It sounds like a rap album from the 90's almost. Feels like this was his album from start to finish. No regard for singles, for features, etc.

And I like it. Immortal, both of the she's mines are dope. The outdo is really good. But overall, I personally enjoy my rap with a little more flavor, and with production that's a lot less bland.

The records weren't bad, and he was rapping really good on most of them, but idk if I'll personally have a desire to listen to any of these records again after this weekend. Maybe that'll change with me, we'll see.

Last edited:
Cole has been my fav rapper for years now so i cant wait to listen to this. I havent even listened to false prophets besides the IG clips cause i wanted the whole album.

Can you not buy albums on itunes anymore? Like wtf lol

I see there's some producer beef brewing.

Apparently, Deja Vu was made before Bryson Tiller's exchange and the producer stole the beat.

I'm ******* with this after the first spin. There was only really one song I instantly hit skip on. 

I guess this may sound like I'm a hater, but I've been following Cole the moment I heard Lights Please. I wont call myself a fan, but I'm not solely a hater. With that being said, this **** is trash. So average that it's frustrating. I found myself laughing and shaking my head listening to this on my way home. Hooks are atrocious. His melodies he tries to make when he sings are awful. Beats are basic af. I like the message he gives throughout his music, but there is virtually no excitement whatsoever. I can listen to music that is chill and laid back, but this *** makes me feel like I'd have to be sedated to vibe to this. At times, I feel like this dude has not earned his spot to be in the top 3 rappers in the game today, but I remember all of the earlier work he made, especially FNL, and the other specs of greatness from his other albums. I hope he has better, but I feel like dude has already peaked.

Last edited:
FHD2014 was his only good album and even that only had a few good songs.

Stop overhyping everyone.

Kendrick Lamar is the only dude right now who can come out with an incredible album.

I guess this may sound like I'm a hater, but I've been following Cole the moment I heard Lights Please. I wont call myself a fan, but I'm not solely a hater. With that being said, this **** is trash. So average that it's frustrating. I found myself laughing and shaking my head listening to this on my way home. Hooks are atrocious. His melodies he tries to make when he sings are awful. Beats are basic af.

It's not hating. Album already sounds dated. son just doesn't push himself

Bruh when Foldin Clothes came on!! 

WOKE UP FEELING LIKE THE BEST VERSION OF ME 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom