[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

What happened to the Before I'm Gone (his best song), We On, Lil Ghetto ******, Grown Simba Cole? I'm convinced he doesn't want to be a rapper anymore. This album is not in any sense of the word.

Changes is the best track but even that don't care to hear again.

Last edited:
Hadnt read any of yall opinions yet and I just got done listening to the album

I became a father of twins 3 months ago, so Im listening to this album with a different set of ears and emotions.

I love it. Perfect vibe for where I am it right now. Foldin Clothes is an Anthem. Change, She is Mine pt 2, 4 Your Eyez Only... I cant even be critical because the words are so real. I feel like those songs are flawless.

Deja Vu and Neighbors are dope and give me enough of an upbeat i guess you can say.

I know the absence of "hard" records is gonna be the chief complaint for most folks. But I am personally satisfied.

Congrats bro! I became a father to a daughter 6 months ago and I feel the same way. I am glad I listened to this album another few times through it and I really appreciate it!

Crazy thing is dude might win a Grammy off of it too 
laugh.gif

This is terrible, hope dude gets blackballed from working with other artists. Vinylz is one the best producers out IMO.

I became a father of twins 3 months ago, so Im listening to this album with a different set of ears and emotions.

I love it. Perfect vibe for where I am it right now. Foldin Clothes is an Anthem. Change, She is Mine pt 2, 4 Your Eyez Only... I cant even be critical because the words are so real. I feel like those songs are flawless.

Deja Vu and Neighbors are dope and give me enough of an upbeat i guess you can say.

I know the absence of "hard" records is gonna be the chief complaint for most folks. But I am personally satisfied.

Last edited:
Hard to not compare it to FHD but off first listen, I can appreciate it. Doesn't have the same steam as FHD but I'm sure it'll grow on me after another listen or 2. "Foldin Clothes" is my life on the weekend :lol:

this probably would've been recieved better if he dropped it out of no where instead announcing it a week before & leading us with false prophets & everybody dies

I thought it was pretty easy to figure out the perspective(s) of who the album was coming from. I'll give it the whip test and report back later. Off rip it was only feeling like 5 tracks.

Disappointed on hearing that this album isn't fire but everyone is gonna have a different opinion. Hopefully i can get to this album by this weekend...

I like the album but some songs are to short IMO. The first track could've rode out awhile longer with some solo improvisations on it.
I hate when producers say things like this, all he did was use the same sample unless he heard the Cole version beforehand which I doubt but I don't know.

You really gotta read the whole exchange.

When the beat dropped on Immortal :smokin

Father of an 8 year old girl. Album puts me right back to her conception and birth and the feelings and emotions involved with me personally. Everything was captured so well.

This is why when I saw people posting reviews here and elsewhere 2 hours after it came out I was like yall really let all that sink in already? And then comparing it to his other stuff. It makes sense but it doesn't make sense :lol:

Really feeling this album though. That Ab Soul joint and Charles Hamilton project pretty good too [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Came in with low expectations due to the initial reviews but off first listen, this is a solid project. Something to :smokin to and relax. I'm not mad at it.

Last edited:

Swear to god I'm sitting on my couch almost in tears listening to she mines pt 2. As a man who has a 4 month old this was a crazy connection. Me and you in the exact same place. Can't explain the feeling of these songs.

Last edited:
It's cool. Both "She's mine" give the blah mood. Definitely some joints on here, but I'd put it probably 3rd out of his 4 albums. I wanted straight rap after a 2 year absence. But I think critics may receive it well. I want to see some reviews.

I knew not to listen to NT :lol:

This album is dope. I relate to a lot of what Cole raps about so I'm loving it.

Those complaining about the off key singing do realize that's probably intentional right? It's not suppose to sound like a professional singing it. It's supposed to sound like your singing your own thoughts so to speak. IMO of course.

Those complaining about the off key singing do realize that's probably intentional right? It's not suppose to sound like a professional singing it. It's supposed to sound like your singing your own thoughts so to speak. IMO of course.

Oh I understand it. Not everybody singing is suppose to be in tune and on beat see Dylan, Hendrix or cobain but there's an art to that and cole missed

Oh I understand it. Not everybody singing is suppose to be in tune and on beat see Dylan, Hendrix or cobain but there's an art to that and cole missed

All those people you mentioned were singers by profession though. Cole isn't. I just think the emotion comes off better when he does it instead of getting a professional on the track.

All those people you mentioned were singers by profession though. Cole isn't. I just think the emotion comes off better when he does it instead of getting a professional on the track.

No they weren't singers by profession it was second to their song writing (like cole) and or their instrument.

Back
Top Bottom