[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

What's false about it? Besides FHD2014 he had another good album? What's the title, I haven't heard it yet then.

I was referring to your Kendrick comment. We have to stop acting like he's the only quality hip hop artist out, of course he's on another level but he's not the only one making good music.

Dude basically admitted to re-creating the whole beat lol. Sucks but both songs are fire.

I guess this may sound like I'm a hater, but I've been following Cole the moment I heard Lights Please. I wont call myself a fan, but I'm not solely a hater. With that being said, this **** is trash. So average that it's frustrating. I found myself laughing and shaking my head listening to this on my way home. Hooks are atrocious. His melodies he tries to make when he sings are awful. Beats are basic af. I like the message he gives throughout his music, but there is virtually no excitement whatsoever. I can listen to music that is chill and laid back, but this *** makes me feel like I'd have to be sedated to vibe to this. At times, I feel like this dude has not earned his spot to be in the top 3 rappers in the game today, but I remember all of the earlier work he made, especially FNL, and the other specs of greatness from his other albums. I hope he has better, but I feel like dude has already peaked.

Listened to it on my commute to work today, and I'm going to sorta co-sign this. The hooks were terrible super basic, and
dude can't sing at all. Boring beats, and the two songs that I was feeling the most aren't even on the project. This seems
more like a mix-tape than a complete project but I'm glad it's only 10 songs instead of 16 similar tracks. It's just refreshing
to hear some non murder/death/kill rap but damn lyrically it's not strong at all.

Not enough rap on this.

I've accepted the fact that he now makes music that I overall won't care for but this has songs that I like on it as opposed to FHD where I hated all of it.

Ok after listening to it in the whip, man this album is dope :smokin :smokin :smokin

Great message, dope concept, love the jazz samples, solid work by Cole

Last night I was like it's cool. Listening in the car today it's dope. I have a hunch about how this album will be received.

A real positive is that Deja Vu is another great example of how rap songs about being in love with women should sound. There are bars about stealing a dudes girl on here, a good amount of profanity, the beat hard, "She mess with small town N_ but I got bigger dreams". Really mess with that song.

Last edited:
He should have let Exchange have that. Because...Exchange is better.

I like the album overall. It just doesn't command you listen to it while it's playing. That's my only problem with it. I started daydreaming while I was listening. It's an easy listen which is good and kinda bad.

I don't listen to Bryson Tiller so I've never heard that song. Doesn't bother me at all.

Why can't all rap songs about being in love with women sound like this though?

In Jamaica, people use the same "riddims" all the time. 2 artists can make the same beat great and have completely different messages.

Dude basically admitted to re-creating the whole beat lol. Sucks but both songs are fire.
Crazy thing is dude might win a Grammy off of it too 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Just skimmed that Tiller song... This is hilariously blatant.

The best beat jacking of all time is 50 Cent Crime Wave from Fabolous This Is Family

1st time I listened I was undewhelmed. 1 in the moning might have been the reason why. Listened again on my way to work and I really appreciate this album. I dig the message and I love the production.

Slightly underwhelmed at first listen, Deja Vu, Ville Mentality, and Change are my favorite tracks, because I relate to them so damn much 
laugh.gif
. Hopefully the rest of the album grows on me, but so far 2014>4 Your Eyez

Deja Vu is [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

I wish he got a singer on Villa Mentality.

Hadnt read any of yall opinions yet and I just got done listening to the album

I became a father of twins 3 months ago, so Im listening to this album with a different set of ears and emotions.

I love it. Perfect vibe for where I am it right now. Foldin Clothes is an Anthem. Change, She is Mine pt 2, 4 Your Eyez Only... I cant even be critical because the words are so real. I feel like those songs are flawless.

Deja Vu and Neighbors are dope and give me enough of an upbeat i guess you can say.

I know the absence of "hard" records is gonna be the chief complaint for most folks. But I am personally satisfied.

This the Cole thread so I doubt I get much push back... but out of his peers I feel like Cole rap's from the perspective of others better than anybody else.:smokin

Immortal
Neighbors
folding clothes
4your eyez

That bridge on Deja Vu

Favorites so far

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom