[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Drake, Cole, K dot, only rappers that move units. Glad to see his numbers get higher each album, remember seeing dude open for Jay before the stage was even set, now he biggest rapper out behind Drake.......best thing is he did mainly his way and never crossed over

Kevin Gates is certified gold. Heading to platinum real soon.

#freekevingates

IG is disgusting right now. I hate when it comes to artists like Cole and others and when people don't feel their projects its always because you dont understand this you don't understand that or you dont relate to it. I dont have to relate to it in order to like it. Like many have said, the music and aspects associated with it are subpar, the message is fine.

This. Its even annoying in here to a degree

IG is disgusting right now. I hate when it comes to artists like Cole and others and when people don't feel their projects its always because you dont understand this you don't understand that or you dont relate to it. I dont have to relate to it in order to like it. Like many have said, the music and aspects associated with it are subpar, the message is fine.

I can agree with certain points here and disagree with others. Are there people who just don't like the project for the latter reason you stated? Absolutely. Are there people that consistently consume dumbed down music and won't give this project a chance (or any project that forces them to think a bit)? Absolutely too. I don't think its right to label people specifically for the reason they don't like a project. However lets not act like people not understanding something or being able to relate to it is not a factor at all.

Solid album, J Cole spittin on this, and Hop Hip needs this.

:smokin

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a lot of people use music as an "escape" from real live and Cole's music just ain't that :lol:. So, if that's what you're looking for, of course you think it's boring.

I do think there are some songs on here that could've been executed better, but the album is still good overall.

I was kinda disappointed at first, because I jumped for the pump fake and thought the album would sound like False Prophets and Everybody Dies....nope.

It's growing on me though. Not bad at all.

To rob steal or kill, I'm wondering why
It's a dirty game, is any man worthy of fame?
Much success to you, even if you wish me the opposite
Sooner or later we'll all see who the prophet is

I know the old heads loving this album :lol:

I be seeing ppl make jokes about j Cole putting you to sleep I always thought it was pretty over-exaggerated but damn I see what they mean with this album lol. Definitely not trash or bad, but the tone of the album is very very slowed down...beats are minimal at best...everything sound old. Don't see myself running this back at all

Fav songs are change and neighbors, he went in on those :pimp:
Folding clothes kinda wavy too
The last song is heat too...better than any biggie song I've ever heard :lol:

I do like the fact like his flows are different on here and it sounds like he's experimenting with new sounds...I see progression just wish it was on more upbeat sounds

Last edited:
Immortal

Change 

Neighbors (I agree with who said it had an Em sound to it)

That's all I got from this album. I like the message he is delivering, but the really slow beats and amount of time he spent talking/singing  instead of rapping means I won't be revisiting this anytime soon. I am glad we got some Cole after a two year hiatus, but this was very meh to me. 

Overall I give it a 4.5-5 out of 10

My unprofessional album ranking for Cole

Sideline Story

FHD

4 your eyez only

Born Sinner (I really didn't like this album)

Last edited:
why the hell didn't they add the credits inside the book

how dumb was that
mean.gif

have to visit the dreamville site to view

After hearing the album a few times I like it, it's really enjoyable and smooth. However, it doesn't feel like an album but more of an ep although there's 10 songs. Doesn't have a mixtape feel at all but it reminds me of the Truly Yours series. Has a very "grown" feel (for lack of a better term) to it.

My ranking:

FHD
BS
4YEO

SS

I think a lot of people use music as an "escape" from real live and Cole's music just ain't that :lol:. So, if that's what you're looking for, of course you think it's boring.

I do think there are some songs on here that could've been executed better, but the album is still good overall.

Nah. This is just boring. The beats are dry. He ain't going in the same way he did on FHD. This is dedicated to his girl and daughter so the message is good but the music is lacking.

Back
Top Bottom