[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

1 - BS

2 - FHD

3 - 4YEO tied with SS  

Like someone said above it should had been like an EP not an album and like 7-8 songs.

Last edited:
J Cole version of exchange is cool but the hook is way to hard for that beat. Doesn't fit at all

I get what you're saying, but at the same time, this is all taking place inside the club. The DJ ain't spitting at her. Hook is definitely aggressive, but it fits IMO.

Yeah not really too much of a fan on that exchange...I've heard the tiller version so much I don't wanna hear it no more lol

This is just easily one of those albums that are hit or miss with his fanbase. Coming off of FHD which some argue is his best, its easy to see the disconnect.

All that "I appreciate the message but its boring, dry, etc...." i feel like thats BS. Point me to the songs from other artists with this subject matter that you enjoy, thats in rotation for you, that top your all time favorite lists? You aint feeling this record because it aint speaking to you and its not presented to you in a fashion that you should.

Outside of Song Cry, i would be surprised to see most people start calling out songs that are done better or is music to their ears involving the stuff Cole is talking about on this album. We all love song cry but are we running to the whip to play it? Last time you played Common "the light" lol

I would actually like to see some references to songs that are similar in subject matter but are better if anybody has some.

Some cats just can't relate to the music on this joint man. It's grown, its mature.... but if it hit you, then it hit you.

Homie talking bout the She's mine tracks being bad?

"Am I worthy of this gift, am I strong enough to lift..." Have a child man, and tell me those lyrics wont resonate with you.

"Foldin Clothes is for simps" etc... Cole talking about making life easier for his girl. Yall dont know that life... How in love with your woman are you? Whats yall love language? lol

Man I'll take those lyrics everyday over some meaningless bravado bars that make some of y'all giggle

This is just easily one of those albums that are hit or miss with his fanbase. Coming off of FHD which some argue is his best, its easy to see the disconnect.

All that "I appreciate the message but its boring, dry, etc...." i feel like thats BS. Point me to the songs from other artists with this subject matter that you enjoy, thats in rotation for you, that top your all time favorite lists? You aint feeling this record because it aint speaking to you and its not presented to you in a fashion that you should.

Outside of Song Cry, i would be surprised to see most people start calling out songs that are done better or is music to their ears involving the stuff Cole is talking about on this album. We all love song cry but are we running to the whip to play it? Last time you played Common "the light" lol

I would actually like to see some references to songs that are similar in subject matter but are better if anybody has some.

Some cats just can't relate to the music on this joint man. It's grown, its mature.... but if it hit you, then it hit you.

"Am I worthy of this gift, am I strong enough to lift..." Have a child man, and tell me those lyrics wont resonate with you.

"Foldin Clothes is for simps" etc... Cole talking about making life easier for his girl. Yall dont know that life... How in love with your woman are you? Whats yall love language? lol

Man I'll take those lyrics everyday over some meaningless bravado bars that make some of y'all giggle

Couldn't agree with you more man. Completely understand your point about being able to relate. Some music isn't made for everyone and the message isn't directed to everyone. It doesn't mean that others can't appreciate it but I think you have to be an open minded listener to appreciate messages that aren't specifically directed towards you. Sadly hip-hop fans here expect same message all the time. SMH.

This.

Fnl and the warm up were his best pieces of work and it's not even close. Everygivin Sunday and truly yours series were well done too. "Roll call" is such a banger

Yea Neighbors is that track for me. Goota play it daily now

Immortal is also dope. Same songs everybody else likes.

I dont have a kid and im not married so its hard for me to relate to a lot of the other tracks. At the same time i feel like i wouldnt really rock with em too much if i did relate. Im not feeling all the singing from cole on this. In his older songs there was a lot of substance still but he just killed verses.

So this is my least favorite cole album so far. But im not gonna say its trash. Especially since neighbors might be one of my favorite cole songs when all is said and done.

FHD
Born Sinner
Sideline Stories
4 Your Eyez Only

Mixtapes still better than the albums though. My favorite rapper

Last edited:

Fab - Stay
Kanye - Hey Mama
Juelz - Daddy
Eminem - Hailey's Song
Eminem - Headlights

****** can't accept when ppl just don't dig the music :lol:

Be so quick to automatically say "you don't like she's mine pt. 2?! Fam you must not have a kid and a girl at home!!"

"If you've folded clothes for ya girl how can you not like Foldin clothes from Cole?!"

"Cole **** just too deep"

Uhhhh no man...maybe they just thought the song was...boring or lackluster? Acknowledging and relating to the sentiment behind the music can be independent of actually liking the piece of music or not

Last edited:
****** can't accept when ppl just don't dig the music :lol:

Be so quick to automatically say "you don't like she's mine pt. 2?! Fam you must not have a kid and a girl at home!!"

"If you've folded clothes for ya girl how can you not like Foldin clothes from Cole?!"

"Cole **** just too deep"

Uhhhh no man...maybe they just thought the song was...boring or lackluster? Acknowledging and relating to the sentiment behind the music can be independently of actually liking the piece of music or not

THANK YOU. This whole "cuz you cant relate" narrative is one of the corniest cop outs ive seen from a fanbase yet

Back
Top Bottom