J Dilla Best Hip-Hop Producer Ever LMAO

What makes Pete Rock/Premier stand out to me is they actually takes a sample and melodically come up w/ a completely different arrangement. When you take halfa beat, which could be like 1/2 a second, and you do that continuously from different beats (of the same sample) to make 2bars or whatever...the onlydifference from using an arp or synth that a programmer made is publishing..not creativity.

I don't see how RZA being in the top 3 is outlandish.

Say what you want about them now, but in the 90s Wu Tang was a movement.
For thefirst 5about years of the Wu, RZA had his name on EVERYTHING.
Son has classics under his belt and is STILL doing it the thing.
Doing the soundtracks for Kill Bill, Afro Samuri, etc.

One of the greatest.

Dilla had a very soulful sound , really well structured music . He had some masterpieces , there`s no frontin on that ! The problem is , I always prefered dark/grimey , boom bap issh and headnod summer issh. Give me some Beatnuts , Havoc , Preme, Large Pro ,PR, Buck, Beatminers , Diamond D, Rza and I'm good .

There's Nothing Lmao about what you said...

Might not be it. But Come on...
smh, I this is why I can't get on without being annoyed.
sheesh.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I don't see how RZA being in the top 3 is outlandish.

Say what you want about them now, but in the 90s Wu Tang was a movement.
For thefirst 5about years of the Wu, RZA had his name on EVERYTHING.
Son has classics under his belt and is STILL doing it the thing.
Doing the soundtracks for Kill Bill, Afro Samuri, etc.
One of the greatest.

truth...

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Blaze
Premo
Swizz
Kanye West
9th wonder
Dilla
Pete rock
Alchemist

Dilla was a great producer but nobody is fooling another person saying dilla's the best producer ever. THAT'S JUST STUPID {Stephen A. Smith Voice}
nobody liked/knew him till he died.

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
...obviously his death increased his popularity but dude made songs with some of the best rappers we'll ever hear, clearly he was not only extremelytalented but well liked and well known

Originally Posted by uhhh ohhh

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Tom Jooks wrote:

You got the backpacker and producers who are stuck in the 90's who praise pete rock, premo and all those other producers who loop and chop samples.

Then you got everyone else who likes producers that actually make music.

Probably the single dumbest thing I've read in the music forum...Honeslty, do you even think before you type? You should be embarrassed.
I'd be enthralled to know who these producers that actually make music are. That is if you want to be laughed at futher.
laugh.gif
Actually, it's not the dumbest thing you have read. I work for Universal Music Group, and producers get sued for using keyboard SOUNDS! You have producers like Ryan Leslie for example who have been composing since they were like 10! Timbaland is also a composer (since he can compose beats off of the randomest samples and sounds) Then you have guys like Scott Storch. If you think very clearly, all music hasn't really changed--for example..the original sample for Dre's Xplosive beat was a re-rendered Isaac Hayes song--that was later brought to liight that Scott Storch helped to ghost produce most of that album.

All producers in the late 80's and early 90's know that real hiphop is all about sampling...hence the word biting. The original breaks used by a lot of previous producers were sampled...actually...a lot of the drum patterns you hear now are re-rendered with different synth and drum kits. Barry White's music was known to be commonly refered to for drum breaks, rita wright, even The Incredible Bongo Band.

The original sampler can only sample up to 10 seconds! New samplers now are so enhanced that its so easy for anyone to pick it up. For example premo still uses a mpc60...that thing is almost impossible to use if you have an mpc2000xl b/c its based off of ear and not by wave length! So you'd have to be talented to even compose a sample off of that. Or the Sp 12 that was used in the start of the techno era and is still used by composers like COOL AND DRE to synthesize in their keyboards for snares. Or how Kanye used an actual TR-808 drum machine for his recent album to compose only the drum synths in most of those songs...and actually had tribal drums played by live people.

When I met Kanye, he told me that he will always be a backpacker when it comes to his music. All of his drum kits are sampled, including the new Brooklyn we go hard track...actually...the original drum pattern was used by Dilla. Half of Common's Finding Forever album was Kanye using what Dilla would have used when it came to drums.

But I do understand Tom Jooks because there are a ton of producers out their who compose their own music. Maybe Purplehazze96 needs to start being open minded about music and how Tom Jooks is sort of right in a way...because those styles or production brought in different types of composition. People who are stuck in the 80's and 90's who compose USING SAMPLERS and people of our common era who compose by ear. Which, those people who compose by ear...are instrumentalists for these hiphop producers.

and that guys name is Jon Brion...here to you just in case

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Brion

There are no rules when it comes to beat making and it doesn't matter what someone chooses to use to make beats.
I don't understand how people can be a fan of hip hop, yet oppose sampling. Hip hop was born from break beats, and emceeing was spawned by mc's hypingup the crowd to these breaks. Samplers were then created to capture those breaks to recreate them into new compositions.

The 10 second sampling limitations that the SP 12 presented forced Marley Marl to chop breaks into individual kicks, high hats and snares. This is sampling aswe know it today, which is why I say Marley Marl >_____________ . Dude opened the door for your favorite producers, including Pete Rock, Premo and Dilla.

Originally Posted by NO ESCAPIN THIS

Only a moron would be opposed to flipping samples , that in itself is an art . YOU loseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

We booooooth drunk ad we both righhhhhhhhhhhhhhht

Originally Posted by uhhh ohhh

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Originally Posted by Tom Jooks

You got the backpacker and producers who are stuck in the 90's who praise pete rock, premo and all those other producers who loop and chop samples.

Then you got everyone else who likes producers that actually make music.

Probably the single dumbest thing I've read in the music forum...Honeslty, do you even think before you type? You should be embarrassed. I'd be enthralled to know who these producers that actually make music are. That is if you want to be laughed at futher.
laugh.gif
Actually, it's not the dumbest thing you have read. I work for Universal Music Group, and producers get sued for using keyboard SOUNDS! Youhave producers like Ryan Leslie for example who have been composing since they were like 10! Timbaland is also a composer (since he can compose beats off ofthe randomest samples and sounds) Then you have guys like Scott Storch. If you think very clearly, all music hasn't really changed--for example..theoriginal sample for Dre's Xplosive beat was a re-rendered Isaac Hayes song--that was later brought to liight that Scott Storch helped to ghost produce mostof that album.

All producers in the late 80's and early 90's know that real hiphop is all about sampling...hence the word biting. The original breaks used by a lotof previous producers were sampled...actually...a lot of the drum patterns you hear now are re-rendered with different synth and drum kits. Barry White'smusic was known to be commonly refered to for drum breaks, rita wright, even The Incredible Bongo Band.

The original sampler can only sample up to 10 seconds! New samplers now are so enhanced that its so easy for anyone to pick it up. For example premo stilluses a mpc60...that thing is almost impossible to use if you have an mpc2000xl b/c its based off of ear and not by wave length! So you'd have to betalented to even compose a sample off of that. Or the Sp 12 that was used in the start of the techno era and is still used by composers like COOL AND DRE tosynthesize in their keyboards for snares. Or how Kanye used an actual TR-808 drum machine for his recent album to compose only the drum synths in most ofthose songs...and actually had tribal drums played by live people.

When I met Kanye, he told me that he will always be a backpacker when it comes to his music. All of his drum kits are sampled, including the new Brooklyn wego hard track...actually...the original drum pattern was used by Dilla. Half of Common's Finding Forever album was Kanye using what Dilla would have usedwhen it came to drums.

But I do understand Tom Jooks because there are a ton of producers out their who compose their own music. Maybe Purplehazze96 needs to start being open mindedabout music and how Tom Jooks is sort of right in a way...because those styles or production brought in different types of composition. People who are stuckin the 80's and 90's who compose USING SAMPLERS and people of our common era who compose by ear. Which, those people who compose by ear...areinstrumentalists for these hiphop producers.

and that guys name is Jon Brion...here to you just in case

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Brion
good post.

you seriously dug up a thread a YEAR OLD to say "good post?"

smh.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

and you scared the living crap outta me when I first went into this thread thinking MidEastBeast's account has been reinstated.

Back
Top Bottom