James and Wade both Eastern Conference Players of the month?

Yet another reason why I am slowly moving toward watching more college basketball in the last couple years. Let me say I actually like Dwayne Wade as a player ( not so mouch a fan of Lebron) but does anyone think this is a little crazy? Now are they both deserving, probably but can't we just pick one without the NBA worrying that it might hurt one or the others egos? Maybe I am over reacting. I wasn't aware the player of the month was now a team award

[h1]Miami's James and Wade, Thunder's Durant Players of Month[/h1]
By Official release
Posted Jan 3 2011 7:03PM

NEW YORK -- The Miami Heat's LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, and Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant were named the Kia NBA Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Month, respectively, for games played during December.

James (25.2 ppg, 7.9 rpg and 6.8 apg) and Wade (27.9 ppg, 6.9 rpg and 4.1 apg) helped the Heat to a league-best 15-1 record, including franchise marks for total wins and road wins (10) in a month. Wade and James ranked second and third, respectively, in scoring in the Eastern Conference. James led the Heat in scoring seven times, in rebounds four times and in assists a team-high 13 times. James posted two triple-doubles on the month. Wade led Miami in scoring a team-high eight times, in rebounds five times and in assists three.

Durant averaged a league-high 29.4 points as the Thunder went 11-5, tops in the Northwest Division. Durant shot .517 from the field, .411 from beyond the arc and .850 from the free throw line. On Christmas Day, Durant netted a season-high 44 points to go along with seven rebounds, two blocks and two steals as the Thunder defeated Denver 114-106.

Here is a closer look at the month for James and Wade, and Durant:

LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
Dec. 8 at Utah: James and Wade combined for 61 points, 13 assists and 11 rebounds in a 111-98 win over the Jazz.
Dec. 17 @ New York: James recorded a triple-double of 32 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in a 113-91 victory over the Knicks.
Dec. 25 @ L.A. Lakers: James recorded a triple-double of 27 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in a 96-80 triumph in Los Angeles.
Dec 29 @ Houston: Wade scored a season-high 45 points and added eight assists in a 125-119 win over the Rockets.

Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
Dec. 8 @ Minnesota:
Recorded 30 points and season highs of 11 rebounds and six assists in a 111-103 victory over Minnesota.
Dec. 15 vs Houston: Tallied 32 points, seven rebounds and four assists in a 117-105 win over the Rockets.
Dec. 25 vs. Denver: Scored a season-high 44 points and added seven rebounds, two blocks and two steals in a 114-106 win.
Dec. 31 vs. Atlanta: Compiled 33 points, four rebounds, three assists and two blocks in a 103-94 win over the Hawks.

Other nominees for Kia NBA Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Month were Dallas Dirk Nowitzki, Golden State's Monta Ellis, New York's Amar'e Stoudemire, Portland's LaMarcus Aldridge, San Antonio's Tony Parker and Utah's Deron William

Yet another reason why I am slowly moving toward watching more college basketball in the last couple years. Let me say I actually like Dwayne Wade as a player ( not so mouch a fan of Lebron) but does anyone think this is a little crazy? Now are they both deserving, probably but can't we just pick one without the NBA worrying that it might hurt one or the others egos? Maybe I am over reacting. I wasn't aware the player of the month was now a team award

[h1]Miami's James and Wade, Thunder's Durant Players of Month[/h1]
By Official release
Posted Jan 3 2011 7:03PM

NEW YORK -- The Miami Heat's LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, and Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant were named the Kia NBA Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Month, respectively, for games played during December.

James (25.2 ppg, 7.9 rpg and 6.8 apg) and Wade (27.9 ppg, 6.9 rpg and 4.1 apg) helped the Heat to a league-best 15-1 record, including franchise marks for total wins and road wins (10) in a month. Wade and James ranked second and third, respectively, in scoring in the Eastern Conference. James led the Heat in scoring seven times, in rebounds four times and in assists a team-high 13 times. James posted two triple-doubles on the month. Wade led Miami in scoring a team-high eight times, in rebounds five times and in assists three.

Durant averaged a league-high 29.4 points as the Thunder went 11-5, tops in the Northwest Division. Durant shot .517 from the field, .411 from beyond the arc and .850 from the free throw line. On Christmas Day, Durant netted a season-high 44 points to go along with seven rebounds, two blocks and two steals as the Thunder defeated Denver 114-106.

Here is a closer look at the month for James and Wade, and Durant:

LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
Dec. 8 at Utah: James and Wade combined for 61 points, 13 assists and 11 rebounds in a 111-98 win over the Jazz.
Dec. 17 @ New York: James recorded a triple-double of 32 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in a 113-91 victory over the Knicks.
Dec. 25 @ L.A. Lakers: James recorded a triple-double of 27 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in a 96-80 triumph in Los Angeles.
Dec 29 @ Houston: Wade scored a season-high 45 points and added eight assists in a 125-119 win over the Rockets.

Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
Dec. 8 @ Minnesota:
Recorded 30 points and season highs of 11 rebounds and six assists in a 111-103 victory over Minnesota.
Dec. 15 vs Houston: Tallied 32 points, seven rebounds and four assists in a 117-105 win over the Rockets.
Dec. 25 vs. Denver: Scored a season-high 44 points and added seven rebounds, two blocks and two steals in a 114-106 win.
Dec. 31 vs. Atlanta: Compiled 33 points, four rebounds, three assists and two blocks in a 103-94 win over the Hawks.

Other nominees for Kia NBA Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Month were Dallas Dirk Nowitzki, Golden State's Monta Ellis, New York's Amar'e Stoudemire, Portland's LaMarcus Aldridge, San Antonio's Tony Parker and Utah's Deron William

laugh.gif
how the heck does that make any sense

Co-players of the month. whats wrong with that?????

did your panties get in a bunch when Celtics Antoine Walker & Paul Pierce  were co-players of the month in 01?

Co-players of the month. whats wrong with that?????

did your panties get in a bunch when Celtics Antoine Walker & Paul Pierce  were co-players of the month in 01?

it happened to the mavericks in 2002. split with 3 players. it was dumb then and it's dumb now. but this award seems meaningless

it happened to the mavericks in 2002. split with 3 players. it was dumb then and it's dumb now. but this award seems meaningless

I am not mad becuase of them and I am not going to get into a debate about Lebron or Wade or the Celtics or whoever.....I don't remember Pierce and Walker both being players of the month together, my memory isn't that good. But since you do remember yes, I do not think 2 players should both be "Player of the Month" no matter who it is.....Just like there should not be 2 MVP's, 2 defensive players or the year or any other INDIVIDUAL award

I am not mad becuase of them and I am not going to get into a debate about Lebron or Wade or the Celtics or whoever.....I don't remember Pierce and Walker both being players of the month together, my memory isn't that good. But since you do remember yes, I do not think 2 players should both be "Player of the Month" no matter who it is.....Just like there should not be 2 MVP's, 2 defensive players or the year or any other INDIVIDUAL award

Yeah this is so stupid, it's not as if both players had incredible months and both are deserving.

It's clearly a conspiracy that they're protecting GROWN MEN and their feelings and egos.

Let's also ignore that this has been done before, Walker and Pierce, and Dirk/Nash/Finley also won it for Dallas... but no, it's obviously rigged by Stern as to not upset either player on the Heat.

It's players of the month, not exactly giving co-MVPs to Wade/Bron/Bosh/Mike Miller, relax it isn't a big deal.
Also, chances are you being a Celtics fan, if this was given to Pierce/Allen/Garnett when they first got together, I doubt we would be hearing much complaint... just a guess.

Yeah this is so stupid, it's not as if both players had incredible months and both are deserving.

It's clearly a conspiracy that they're protecting GROWN MEN and their feelings and egos.

Let's also ignore that this has been done before, Walker and Pierce, and Dirk/Nash/Finley also won it for Dallas... but no, it's obviously rigged by Stern as to not upset either player on the Heat.

It's players of the month, not exactly giving co-MVPs to Wade/Bron/Bosh/Mike Miller, relax it isn't a big deal.
Also, chances are you being a Celtics fan, if this was given to Pierce/Allen/Garnett when they first got together, I doubt we would be hearing much complaint... just a guess.

Alright once again I get the intelligent conversation I was hoping for at NT. Have a good rest of the day guys.

Alright once again I get the intelligent conversation I was hoping for at NT. Have a good rest of the day guys.

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

Now are they both deserving, probably but can't we just pick one without the NBA worrying that it might hurt one or the others egos? Maybe I am over reacting. I wasn't aware the player of the month was now a team award
I can't stand LeBron & Wade, but if they're both deserving, as they are, then it should be split. The team posted a great record, and it's arguable as to who had a bigger impact on the team over the span, so why not honor them both?

It's not like it's the first time in league history where teammates have shared the award.

Back
Top Bottom