January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean Ambrose has been moved to the WWE Alumni section on WWE.com :frown:
ok5qndoq9gu21.png

WON: Conrad Thompson has asked for Shawn Michaels, Vince, Stephanie, or HHH as the replacement for Undertaker/Angle and offered to donate all of the proceeds of their events to Connor’s Cure, as well as personally match the revenue generated
renderTimingPixel.png

> Thompson said that he asked for Vince McMahon, HHH or Stephanie as the replacement and offered to donate all of the proceeds of their events to Conor’s Cure, as well as personally match the revenue generated. He said that would turn a negative into a positive, in the sense by turning it down, HHH & Stephanie in particular were turning down significant money for the charity that they personally were involved in setting up. But obviously they aren’t keeping Undertaker or Angle off something that they’d ever consider doing under any circumstances. At the same time, WWE very clearly doesn’t want anyone involved. Thompson was also told that WWE would not allow anyone on the current roster to be a replacement. He said he asked for Shawn Michaels.

> While it was never reported, Michaels had agreed to do the event and was about to be announced months back, but canceled because he realized WWE would not have wanted him to do it. Thompson’s idea at the time, and he talked about this to Sports Illustrated, was to use Michaels and Scott Hall on a 25th anniversary of their WrestleMania X ladder match promotion, where they would screen the match, do commentary in front of fans for the match, and then have fans be able to get photos of the two of them together. Right now there is no agreement with WWE regarding substitutions or making things right.

> Like Undertaker, WWE has signed Angle to a new deal that doesn’t allow him to do events like this without their permission. Angle is also expected to be pulled from a prior agreement to do WrestleCade. “I had an agreement in place with the talent,” Thompson said. “Without exception, I dealt directly with the talent or their management. They set their terms and I complied. First class travel accommodations were made and marketing was done. Now, thanks to the influence of WWE, the performers are missing out on substantial income and their fans are being punished.”

solid interview. kahn knows his **** and has a true passion for professional wrestling. very excited to see what he does with AEW and his vision with the company. he has surrounded himself with great talent and people who knows the industry

Agreed..He's just boring to listen to..Kept saying a lot of the same stuff over and over..

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I hate how the YB/Cody/Kenny keep talking about their job titles within the RootBeer Wrestling Federation..It makes me never want to see any of them hold a title..It gives me the Jerry Lawler vibe where he owned the company, booked everything, put himself as champion 53 times and was always the one in the main event..It's like it already limits where your talent can go cause they know right from the jump that the same 4 guys are, at least for the first couple years, going to be the main focus of everything..

I'm sure the inaugural champs won't be any of the above mentioned guys just so they can avoid that "look" right out the gate..But it'll just be a matter of time before they start having a strangle hold on all the titles, special matches, and main events..

Vince McMahon Was Reportedly Against Letting Dustin Rhodes Out Of WWE Contract
It was previously reported that Dustin Rhodes was released from his WWE contract back on January 19, which freed him up to go to AEW for a match with his brother Cody at Double or Nothing on May 25. In the latest edition of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it was confirmed that Rhodes was let out of his contract on that date, and was given a 90-day non-compete clause that ended on April 19. It added that Vince McMahon himself was said to be against letting the former Goldust leave the company, but Triple H actually talked him into it.

WWE hadn’t done anything with Dustin in some time, as he was coming off double knee surgery and he’s fifty. His contract was said to be expiring soon anyway and the belief was that he would end up in AEW one way or the other. WWE could have frozen it and continued it for eight months due to his time off, but obviously this didn’t happen.

WWE has let people leave the promotion like Tye Dillinger, Dustin Rhodes and KENTA, with the belief being that WWE is releasing people they think won’t help the opposition. In KENTA’s case, it’s believed that he will be going back to Japan. Meanwhile, names like The Revival, Sasha Banks, Luke Harper and Mike Kanellis have not been released

Never knew Victoria's Widow's Peak finisher came from Roderick Strong, which was suggested by Molly Holly cause she used to train with him :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: @ her explaining the gimmick change from psycho to dance machine :rofl: I HATED that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom