January Wrestling Thread/Tonight NXT 8PM EST/RIP Mean Gene Okerlaud

Episode 25 sees Chris Charlton and John Pollock look at 2013. Kazushi Sakuraba makes a controversial return to prominence and has a classic with Shinsuke Nakamura, MVP and Low Ki finish with NJPW, and Kazuchika Okada and Hiroshi Tanahashi continue a legendary rivalry. The podcast is an audio companion to EGGSHELLS: Pro Wrestling in the Tokyo Dome, available now!

EGGSHELLS Podcast Companion: 2013 w/ John Pollock: https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/12/08/eggshells-podcast-companion-2013-w-john-pollock/

Kushida could be solid in NXT/205. He's done a lot of work with ROH. I'd assume his English is probably somewhat decent.

He may as well give it a try. Gedo has nothing for him to do besides be the backup Junior ace when someone gets hurt.

They’re never letting him move up to HW or even challenge for the NEVER title, looks like Osprey already sidestepped him for that spot.

Episode 25 sees Chris Charlton and John Pollock look at 2013. Kazushi Sakuraba makes a controversial return to prominence and has a classic with Shinsuke Nakamura, MVP and Low Ki finish with NJPW, and Kazuchika Okada and Hiroshi Tanahashi continue a legendary rivalry. The podcast is an audio companion to EGGSHELLS: Pro Wrestling in the Tokyo Dome, available now!

EGGSHELLS Podcast Companion: 2013 w/ John Pollock: https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/12/08/eggshells-podcast-companion-2013-w-john-pollock/

Sakuraba and Shibata returning to NJPW had me HYPED.

47573835_10156707222934774_6142489629183442944_n.jpg

Man, real talk, the Hart "family" has had a lot of pain man.

Damn that family has had alot of pain

Anvil
Dynamite (Basically family)
Owen
Bulldog
Pillman (Basically family)

Bret Stroke
Tyson Neck
Teddy Hart on that stuff

Last edited:
D deleted

Watched the Violent Giants match. They got going a little bit towards the end, but everybody except for Sekimoto is pretty worn down at this point.

Have you seen any Kai/Kengo matches? They've been the MVPs. Their matches against NEXTREAM and YoshiKen are matches of tournament so far.

Akiyama/Sekimoto also had a good match against Doering/James from what i remember.

D deleted

Watched the Violent Giants match. They got going a little bit towards the end, but everybody except for Sekimoto is pretty worn down at this point.

Have you seen any Kai/Kengo matches? They've been the MVPs. Their matches against NEXTREAM and YoshiKen are matches of tournament so far.

Akiyama/Sekimoto also had a good match against Doering/James from what i remember.

Pacing was all bad in the Violent Giants match but there were some nice spots at the end

Last thing I saw before falling asleep was Yoshi in his Spider Man gear :smh:

Still need to go back and check out a lot of the matches...especially the Kengo and KAI stuff

Back
Top Bottom