Japan 9.0 Mag. Quake/Tsunami -HAITI stands with Japan [vid]

Scratch the 916/Sacto Summit.............. me and my boy are heading down to SF to check out this tsunami
pimp.gif
holla at rck2sactown

The National Weather Service has issued a tsunami warning for Southern Coast and Central Coast of California. Santa Cruz, Monterey County and Santa Clara County as well as Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo.

The estimated times of initial wave arrival for the bay area is around 8:00 a.m. A tsunami warning is now in effect which includes the coastal areas of california and oregon from Point Concepcio, California to the Oregon-Washington border. A warning is issued when tsunami amplitude is above 1 meter is forecast.

Tsunami warnings mean that a tsunami with significant widespread inundation is imminent or expected. Warnings indicate that widespread dangerous coastal flooding accompanied by powerful currents is possible and may continue for several hours after the initial wave arrival.

The following are recommended actions stated by the National Weather Service:

At this time it not known how this will impact the California Coast.  Persons in low-lying coastal areas should move inland to higher ground and be alert to instructions from their local emergency

officials. Tsunamis often arrive as a series of waves which could be  dangerous for several hours after the initial wave arrival.

The tsunami watch is a result of a large earthquake with a  preliminary magnitude of 8.9 on the richter scale that occurred at  9:45 pm pst. the earthquake location was near Honshu, Japan.

Santa Clara County now under "warning" too.
eek.gif
frown.gif

The National Weather Service has issued a tsunami warning for Southern Coast and Central Coast of California. Santa Cruz, Monterey County and Santa Clara County as well as Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo.

The estimated times of initial wave arrival for the bay area is around 8:00 a.m. A tsunami warning is now in effect which includes the coastal areas of california and oregon from Point Concepcio, California to the Oregon-Washington border. A warning is issued when tsunami amplitude is above 1 meter is forecast.

Tsunami warnings mean that a tsunami with significant widespread inundation is imminent or expected. Warnings indicate that widespread dangerous coastal flooding accompanied by powerful currents is possible and may continue for several hours after the initial wave arrival.

The following are recommended actions stated by the National Weather Service:

At this time it not known how this will impact the California Coast.  Persons in low-lying coastal areas should move inland to higher ground and be alert to instructions from their local emergency

officials. Tsunamis often arrive as a series of waves which could be  dangerous for several hours after the initial wave arrival.

The tsunami watch is a result of a large earthquake with a  preliminary magnitude of 8.9 on the richter scale that occurred at  9:45 pm pst. the earthquake location was near Honshu, Japan.

Santa Clara County now under "warning" too.
eek.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Scratch the 916/Sacto Summit.............. me and my boy are heading down to SF to check out this tsunami
pimp.gif
holla at rck2sactown
get at me when you get to the mission
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

pimp.gif
holla at rck2sactown
get at me when you get to the mission
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Where is a good spot to be at???

nerd.gif
what are yall gonna be wearing?

Where is a good spot to be at???

nerd.gif
what are yall gonna be wearing?

Back