Japan 9.0 Mag. Quake/Tsunami -HAITI stands with Japan [vid]

was talkin to my mom just now and she told me tremors were occurring in the dominican republic about a hour ago

very small damages and a few injuries

hopefully its not a sign of bigger things to come

Not sure if its been posted but 
frown.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

was talkin to my mom just now and she told me tremors were occurring in the dominican republic about a hour ago

those shouldn't be related to Japan, but are certainly related to the earthquake in Haiti.
Earthquakes, though they do release stress in certain areas along faults, they do transfer stress to other areas along faults and to other faults, thus resulting in increase likelihood of earthquakes in these areas.  This happened with the recent NZ earthquake.  It occurred because of a stress buildup due to the earlier large earthquake there.
In addition to the recent aftershocks that Japan is facing, there is probably increased stress buildup in areas along that same fault that could result in later earthquakes.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

those shouldn't be related to Japan, but are certainly related to the earthquake in Haiti.
Earthquakes, though they do release stress in certain areas along faults, they do transfer stress to other areas along faults and to other faults, thus resulting in increase likelihood of earthquakes in these areas.  This happened with the recent NZ earthquake.  It occurred because of a stress buildup due to the earlier large earthquake there.
In addition to the recent aftershocks that Japan is facing, there is probably increased stress buildup in areas along that same fault that could result in later earthquakes.

Never said it was.
Just posted cause it was interesting. 

Personally, i wasnt banking on what dude said either.

But .. like dude said... Meh 

Never said it was.
Just posted cause it was interesting. 

Personally, i wasnt banking on what dude said either.

But .. like dude said... Meh 

Back
Top Bottom