Japan - We owe you big time.

Can't take my eyes off of the news coverage and I'm feeling so helpless for the great people of Japan.  Go ahead and click "Read more" now...

Not just for my family ties (a given)--but how much Japanese technology, gadgets, innovations, the strong work ethic of the people and the sincere hospitality I have been fortunate to have received, and the kindness shown to me in my travels and the lifetime friendships I've formed.

Memories

From setting the stage for my cousin's engagement to the temples and shrines in Kyoto.  Kinkaku-ji!  Gadget-shopping in Akihabara, and the Harajuku fashion district.  My sister-in-law's wedding at Meiji Shrine.  
Bape.  Nike exclusives. Hello Kitty and Paul Frank!  Nikon.  Sony.  Ginzu knives on late night HSN.  Ginza's ridiculously over-priced goods.  
Iziakaya's!! Asahi beer and sake nights in the red light district of Shinjuku.  The BEAR CLAW night and working at ECC.  Catching (and, sometimes missing) the last train home.
The food!--Sushi, ramen, yakitori, kastu-don, shabu shabu and sukiyaki, Yoshinoya!  I'd love a teriyaki burger from McDonald's right now or even settle for strawberry daifku at the Funabashi station.  
The BEST nights with my boys while in high school and college playing Nintendo, Sega Genesis, and Playstation.  Resident Evil--BIOHAZARD-- anyone?!  Super Autobachs.
My love of Japanese cars and street bikes -- Honda.  Kawasaki.  Yamaha and Toyota.  
Onsen.  Saunas and Tokyo Disneyland.  Okinawa!  That outdoor billiards bar I hung out with G till almost dawn.  The land of the rising sun!
Cherry blossoms blooming and the thought of of the greatness of SPRING and all that it has to offer.

The only way I can think of to lend a hand right now is to donate to the Red Cross earthquake/tsunami fund today.  How has Japan impacted you?  Do your part now.  I guarantee that you will feel better about yourself instantly and it will put a smile on your otherwise dreary Monday.  I did.  Will you?
I know that time=money.  I've wasted 3 minutes of your time.  Spend 2 more minutes to donate now.  For all of how that great country of Japan has impacted your life, in big and small ways.
www.redcross.org
M

you left out the Skyline, NSX, Lancer Evo, Suburau WRX, and the Toyota Supra. But seriously, great post regardless.

I've had the BEST food of my LIFE when I was over there just last summer... I hope the country recovers fast..

Real talk I owe Japan alot, I would love to have more than just a monetary influence on the country in their time of need

Appreciated
pimp.gif
Asian Pride my brothas!

The Technology,Anime,fine women,video games,ninjas,sushi and Nujabes....Appreciated 
pimp.gif

I know it's corny but donations might feel like a lot but they really do help make a difference so head over to http://www.mercycorps.org/fundraising/niketalk to donate and help pay Japan back for all the awesome things they've given us 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

We also dropped 2 nuclear bombs over there......which is 2 more than any country has has ever used on another country during war.

But nothing we can do will ever make up for that, so coming to Japan's aid when needed is the least we can do.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

We also dropped 2 nuclear bombs over there......which is 2 more than any country has has ever used on another country during war.

But nothing we can do will ever make up for that, so coming to Japan's aid when needed is the least we can do.

indifferent.gif
 Pearl Harbor. They struck first.

Anyway, God bless those in Japan i'm praying for them.

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

indifferent.gif

If somebody punches me, I'm not shooting them in the face with a gun.

#imjustsaying.

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

indifferent.gif

If somebody punches me, I'm not shooting them in the face with a gun.

#imjustsaying.
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom