Javale Mcgee does it again!!

I saw nothing wrong with that backboard dunk, even if they have a losing record. Besides, it's not like the wizards were down by 25 at that point. Exciting dunks are supposed to get the team hyped up, and he was all alone, it's not like he did it with three people guarding him or something. So guys aren't supposed to windmill or do 360s anymore just because they're on losing teams?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

I saw nothing wrong with that backboard dunk, even if they have a losing record. Besides, it's not like the wizards were down by 25 at that point. Exciting dunks are supposed to get the team hyped up, and he was all alone, it's not like he did it with three people guarding him or something. So guys aren't supposed to windmill or do 360s anymore just because they're on losing teams?

How many times have you seen Lebron, Kobe, D12, any star player do something like that?

Some people get it. Others don't. There's a time and a place. When you have a rep for being immature and silly...and when your team's season is mired in embarrassment...it's probably not in the best interest for you to be showboating in a close game.

Flip isn't the only coach who would have pulled him in that situation either.  

How many times have you seen Lebron, Kobe, D12, any star player do something like that?

Some people get it. Others don't. There's a time and a place. When you have a rep for being immature and silly...and when your team's season is mired in embarrassment...it's probably not in the best interest for you to be showboating in a close game.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

I've seen Kobe do 360s while on a break, Lebron do an emphatic windmill...etc etc...

What McGee did hardly mattered in the context of the game.  Let me know the next time Flip benches Wall for staring down Greg Sestima following a dunk (which he got T'd up for).  Flip has an extreme double-standard when it comes to how he "teaches" with McGee.  McGee gets the hook while other guys get a much longer leash for their transgressions.  It's getting old.  Flip is not the right coach for this team and should have been fired yesterday. 

I've seen Kobe do 360s while on a break, Lebron do an emphatic windmill...etc etc...

What McGee did hardly mattered in the context of the game.  Let me know the next time Flip benches Wall for staring down Greg Sestima following a dunk (which he got T'd up for).  Flip has an extreme double-standard when it comes to how he "teaches" with McGee.  McGee gets the hook while other guys get a much longer leash for their transgressions.  It's getting old.  Flip is not the right coach for this team and should have been fired yesterday. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I think him doing things like this in practice causes him to have a shorter leash

I think him doing things like this in practice causes him to have a shorter leash

Um kobe does it all the time matter of fact, the xmas game between la and the bulls i believe, with them game on the line he goes iso with a man open, fakes the pass, and opts for a fadeaway one handed layup with three defenders on him from the side of the backboard.

Um kobe does it all the time matter of fact, the xmas game between la and the bulls i believe, with them game on the line he goes iso with a man open, fakes the pass, and opts for a fadeaway one handed layup with three defenders on him from the side of the backboard.

Originally Posted by Shorty Doo Wop

Some people get it. Others don't. There's a time and a place. When you have a rep for being immature and silly...and when your team's season is mired in�embarrassment...it's probably not in the best interest for you to be showboating in a close game.

Flip isn't the only coach who would have pulled him in that situation either. �

What McGee did hardly mattered in the context of the game.� Let me know the next time Flip benches Wall for staring down Greg Sestima following a dunk (which he got T'd up for).� Flip has an extreme double-standard when it comes to how he "teaches" with McGee.� McGee gets the hook while other guys get a much longer leash for their transgressions.� It's getting old.� Flip is not the right coach for this team and should have been fired yesterday.�

Definitely.

I think had he done anything but throw it off the backboard it wouldn't have really been a big deal.

Dope dunk, just dont know about taking that risk in an actual game. Though, the Wizards aren't really going anywhere
eyes.gif

Get John Wall out of DC.

Originally Posted by Shorty Doo Wop

Some people get it. Others don't. There's a time and a place. When you have a rep for being immature and silly...and when your team's season is mired in�embarrassment...it's probably not in the best interest for you to be showboating in a close game.

Flip isn't the only coach who would have pulled him in that situation either. �

What McGee did hardly mattered in the context of the game.� Let me know the next time Flip benches Wall for staring down Greg Sestima following a dunk (which he got T'd up for).� Flip has an extreme double-standard when it comes to how he "teaches" with McGee.� McGee gets the hook while other guys get a much longer leash for their transgressions.� It's getting old.� Flip is not the right coach for this team and should have been fired yesterday.�

Definitely.

I think had he done anything but throw it off the backboard it wouldn't have really been a big deal.

Dope dunk, just dont know about taking that risk in an actual game. Though, the Wizards aren't really going anywhere
eyes.gif

Get John Wall out of DC.

and this is the ONLY reason why I can't get mad at McGee for this dunk, he lets Blatche get away with murder and complete laziness on the court

and this is the ONLY reason why I can't get mad at McGee for this dunk, he lets Blatche get away with murder and complete laziness on the court

throwing it off the backboard is not the same as a windmill, 360, or reverse.  These guys are so athletic that those dunks can be done on the break without "thinking".  but when you catch the ball, stop, throw it off the glass its just not a "real" basketball play.  It screams "look at me" which is something you don't do in a game you are losing and you been losing all season.

Like Flip said in the post-game.  Some guys are more concerned with highlights than playing good basketball like setting a good screen.  Until you are doing the small things which proves where your focus is then dont do stuff like that.  You gotta remember he does bonehead stuff and this just proves he's a bonehead.

Staring somebody down after a dunk or doing a 360 is not in the same category.  Also, you can't say "well Kobe and Lebron" when comparing Javale McGee...those guys are faces of a franchise and bigger than their own coach.  This is like Jordan Crawford trying to do that Kobe move where he pump fakes his man near the FT line, throws it off the glass, then lays it in.  Thats not something he should be doing because he can't even make a simple bounce pass at times.  This ain't AAU.

throwing it off the backboard is not the same as a windmill, 360, or reverse.  These guys are so athletic that those dunks can be done on the break without "thinking".  but when you catch the ball, stop, throw it off the glass its just not a "real" basketball play.  It screams "look at me" which is something you don't do in a game you are losing and you been losing all season.

Like Flip said in the post-game.  Some guys are more concerned with highlights than playing good basketball like setting a good screen.  Until you are doing the small things which proves where your focus is then dont do stuff like that.  You gotta remember he does bonehead stuff and this just proves he's a bonehead.

Staring somebody down after a dunk or doing a 360 is not in the same category.  Also, you can't say "well Kobe and Lebron" when comparing Javale McGee...those guys are faces of a franchise and bigger than their own coach.  This is like Jordan Crawford trying to do that Kobe move where he pump fakes his man near the FT line, throws it off the glass, then lays it in.  Thats not something he should be doing because he can't even make a simple bounce pass at times.  This ain't AAU.

Show me when you've seen Kobe or Lebron do any of that stuff when they were losing and on what's shaping up to be one of the worst NBA teams ever. And also...a windmill is tad bit different than throwing the ball of the backcourt. I can only speculate here but I doubt this would be an issue over a windmill. You RARELY see guys...even on a fast break in a blowout go off the backboard. 
We can agree to disagree here. Flip is an old school coach...and that wouldn't have flew under any old school coach. Jerry Sloan wouldn't have let that fly. Larry Brown wouldn't have let that fly. We can go on and on with that one. I can't stand Flip for alot of reasons....this ain't one of em.

Like I said...look at the guys on the team who didn't think it was the smartest thing to do (Wall & Evans) and the one who didn't (Young). That speaks volumes. OF COURSE he's on a shorter leash than others. Anyone on this board who's ever played a serious team sport will tell you they've been on teams where coaches were harder on some guys than others and there's usually reasons why.

I'm tired of McGee and Young right along with Blatche. I couldn't care less how many double doubles McGee puts up or how many high scoring outputs Young puts up. You'll never win with these dudes because they're clowns and they don't understand simple +!%*. We have the wrong cast of characters here. I envy OKC when I look at how their youngins carry themselves in comparison to the group here in DC. 

I feel sorry for John Wall. Reminds me of when Cleveland had Lebron surrounded by clowns in 1st couple of years.

And that's equivalent to throwing the ball off the backboard on a fast break to you?

Show me when you've seen Kobe or Lebron do any of that stuff when they were losing and on what's shaping up to be one of the worst NBA teams ever. And also...a windmill is tad bit different than throwing the ball of the backcourt. I can only speculate here but I doubt this would be an issue over a windmill. You RARELY see guys...even on a fast break in a blowout go off the backboard. 
We can agree to disagree here. Flip is an old school coach...and that wouldn't have flew under any old school coach. Jerry Sloan wouldn't have let that fly. Larry Brown wouldn't have let that fly. We can go on and on with that one. I can't stand Flip for alot of reasons....this ain't one of em.

Like I said...look at the guys on the team who didn't think it was the smartest thing to do (Wall & Evans) and the one who didn't (Young). That speaks volumes. OF COURSE he's on a shorter leash than others. Anyone on this board who's ever played a serious team sport will tell you they've been on teams where coaches were harder on some guys than others and there's usually reasons why.

I'm tired of McGee and Young right along with Blatche. I couldn't care less how many double doubles McGee puts up or how many high scoring outputs Young puts up. You'll never win with these dudes because they're clowns and they don't understand simple +!%*. We have the wrong cast of characters here. I envy OKC when I look at how their youngins carry themselves in comparison to the group here in DC. 

I feel sorry for John Wall. Reminds me of when Cleveland had Lebron surrounded by clowns in 1st couple of years.

And that's equivalent to throwing the ball off the backboard on a fast break to you?

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Staring somebody down after a dunk or doing a 360 is not in the same category. 
Also, you can't say "well Kobe and Lebron" when comparing Javale McGee...those guys are faces of a franchise and bigger than their own coach.  This is like Jordan Crawford trying to do that Kobe move where he pump fakes his man near the FT line, throws it off the glass, then lays it in.  Thats not something he should be doing because he can't even make a simple bounce pass at times.  This ain't AAU.
100% disagree....ESPECIALLY since we're talking about the Wizards. 

Points are hard to come by for this team.  So, you're telling me you're content for someone like Wall, staring down an opponent (and not getting the hook), while giving up a freebie point via a FT because of what he did?  C'mon now.  I find Wall's actions 10x more egregious than what McGee did last night. 

McGee's dunk hardly mattered in the grand scheme of things.  He cut the lead to 4.  It's his reputation that's made everyone quick to jump down his throat for anything that he does.  There is some stuff that he does that warrants criticism...this isn't one of them. 

I can't pinpoint when guys like Kobe and Lebron have done it, but they (along with MANY others in the NBA) have done dunk contest quality dunks when by themselves.  I mean, the team was ONLY down 4.  It's not like last year when he was trying to dunk from the FT line when down 20
laugh.gif
  He doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt due to what he's done in the past, but this time I'll give it to him.  No big deal, IMO. 

You're right...Sloan and Larry Brown wouldn't have tolerated what McGee did.  Only difference between them and Flip is that they are CONSISTENT with how they manage players.  This is the main reason why I can't stand Flip.  He doesn't do this.  He'll yank McGee in an instant for who knows what...but put up with loafing/untimely Ts from both Blatche and Wall. 

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that there is an obvious reason why McGee is on a shorter leash than a guy like Blatche.  One seems coddled for whatever the reason and the other isn't.  Flip is a joke.

In McGee's defense, he's been the best player on the team so far this season.  There is hope for him.  Unless you are getting a kings ransom in return, he should be off limits via trade.  He's improved both offensively and most importantly, defensively.  I'm telling you...if the team gets rid of these 3...EG, Flip, and Blatche, you'll see improvement. 

Wall isn't above criticism...he's been %*# for the majority of the season.  His sulking and body language for a "captain" isn't setting a good example.  Part of the reason is yes, the cast of characters.  But at some point he's got to look at himself in the mirror and figure out what HE can do better.  He's a great player, but he's not above what's going on right now. 

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Staring somebody down after a dunk or doing a 360 is not in the same category. 
Also, you can't say "well Kobe and Lebron" when comparing Javale McGee...those guys are faces of a franchise and bigger than their own coach.  This is like Jordan Crawford trying to do that Kobe move where he pump fakes his man near the FT line, throws it off the glass, then lays it in.  Thats not something he should be doing because he can't even make a simple bounce pass at times.  This ain't AAU.
100% disagree....ESPECIALLY since we're talking about the Wizards. 

Points are hard to come by for this team.  So, you're telling me you're content for someone like Wall, staring down an opponent (and not getting the hook), while giving up a freebie point via a FT because of what he did?  C'mon now.  I find Wall's actions 10x more egregious than what McGee did last night. 

McGee's dunk hardly mattered in the grand scheme of things.  He cut the lead to 4.  It's his reputation that's made everyone quick to jump down his throat for anything that he does.  There is some stuff that he does that warrants criticism...this isn't one of them. 

I can't pinpoint when guys like Kobe and Lebron have done it, but they (along with MANY others in the NBA) have done dunk contest quality dunks when by themselves.  I mean, the team was ONLY down 4.  It's not like last year when he was trying to dunk from the FT line when down 20
laugh.gif
  He doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt due to what he's done in the past, but this time I'll give it to him.  No big deal, IMO. 

You're right...Sloan and Larry Brown wouldn't have tolerated what McGee did.  Only difference between them and Flip is that they are CONSISTENT with how they manage players.  This is the main reason why I can't stand Flip.  He doesn't do this.  He'll yank McGee in an instant for who knows what...but put up with loafing/untimely Ts from both Blatche and Wall. 

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that there is an obvious reason why McGee is on a shorter leash than a guy like Blatche.  One seems coddled for whatever the reason and the other isn't.  Flip is a joke.

In McGee's defense, he's been the best player on the team so far this season.  There is hope for him.  Unless you are getting a kings ransom in return, he should be off limits via trade.  He's improved both offensively and most importantly, defensively.  I'm telling you...if the team gets rid of these 3...EG, Flip, and Blatche, you'll see improvement. 

Wall isn't above criticism...he's been %*# for the majority of the season.  His sulking and body language for a "captain" isn't setting a good example.  Part of the reason is yes, the cast of characters.  But at some point he's got to look at himself in the mirror and figure out what HE can do better.  He's a great player, but he's not above what's going on right now. 

Back
Top Bottom