Javale Mcgee does it again!!

Man speculating over what goes on in a locker room or why a coach treats one player differently is pretty much just gossip. There could be 100 reasons why all yall are right or wrong and none of us will ever know
laugh.gif

But we do know 1 thing. You play ball to win. Not show off for the crowd. Obviously the degree of difficulty isnt that high for him since he's 8 feet tall with a 5 foot vert
laugh.gif
. But if youre losing, shouldnt the main concern to score as quickly as possible as easily as possible?

I guess I just dont see the point of doing somethin so unnecessary especially after your coach says something about it. All youre doin is hurtin your chem and your cred with other coaches. I mean after the 10th time is it still really that cool??

Man speculating over what goes on in a locker room or why a coach treats one player differently is pretty much just gossip. There could be 100 reasons why all yall are right or wrong and none of us will ever know
laugh.gif

But we do know 1 thing. You play ball to win. Not show off for the crowd. Obviously the degree of difficulty isnt that high for him since he's 8 feet tall with a 5 foot vert
laugh.gif
. But if youre losing, shouldnt the main concern to score as quickly as possible as easily as possible?

I guess I just dont see the point of doing somethin so unnecessary especially after your coach says something about it. All youre doin is hurtin your chem and your cred with other coaches. I mean after the 10th time is it still really that cool??

JaVale McGee's mom bashes the Wizards losing culture and coach Flip Saunders

“He’s been here for four years and it’s been same ol’, same ol’. I don’t want him to get institutionalized to losing. My son is the future of the NBA. I don’t want him to be part of this culture of losing forever.

“He’s been here for four years and it’s been same ol’, same ol’. I don’t want him to get institutionalized to losing. My son is the future of the NBA. I don’t want him to be part of this culture of losing forever.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

throwing it off the backboard is not the same as a windmill, 360, or reverse.  These guys are so athletic that those dunks can be done on the break without "thinking".  but when you catch the ball, stop, throw it off the glass its just not a "real" basketball play.  It screams "look at me" which is something you don't do in a game you are losing and you been losing all season.

Like Flip said in the post-game.  Some guys are more concerned with highlights than playing good basketball like setting a good screen.  Until you are doing the small things which proves where your focus is then dont do stuff like that.  You gotta remember he does bonehead stuff and this just proves he's a bonehead.

Staring somebody down after a dunk or doing a 360 is not in the same category.  Also, you can't say "well Kobe and Lebron" when comparing Javale McGee...those guys are faces of a franchise and bigger than their own coach.  This is like Jordan Crawford trying to do that Kobe move where he pump fakes his man near the FT line, throws it off the glass, then lays it in.  Thats not something he should be doing because he can't even make a simple bounce pass at times.  This ain't AAU.

I really don't see how a 360, windmill, or reverse don't scream "look at me." Maybe I am crazy 
grin.gif

But the point here is, if you are losing, keep it simple. I really can't say it any better than that. Especially if your team is losing and a 1-12 squad, keep it simple. Especially when you are viewed as one of the most immature dudes in the NBA. Keep it simple. He isn't good enough to be throwing it off the backboard in a situation like that.

throwing it off the backboard is not the same as a windmill, 360, or reverse.  These guys are so athletic that those dunks can be done on the break without "thinking".  but when you catch the ball, stop, throw it off the glass its just not a "real" basketball play.  It screams "look at me" which is something you don't do in a game you are losing and you been losing all season.

Like Flip said in the post-game.  Some guys are more concerned with highlights than playing good basketball like setting a good screen.  Until you are doing the small things which proves where your focus is then dont do stuff like that.  You gotta remember he does bonehead stuff and this just proves he's a bonehead.

Staring somebody down after a dunk or doing a 360 is not in the same category.  Also, you can't say "well Kobe and Lebron" when comparing Javale McGee...those guys are faces of a franchise and bigger than their own coach.  This is like Jordan Crawford trying to do that Kobe move where he pump fakes his man near the FT line, throws it off the glass, then lays it in.  Thats not something he should be doing because he can't even make a simple bounce pass at times.  This ain't AAU.

I really don't see how a 360, windmill, or reverse don't scream "look at me." Maybe I am crazy 
grin.gif

But the point here is, if you are losing, keep it simple. I really can't say it any better than that. Especially if your team is losing and a 1-12 squad, keep it simple. Especially when you are viewed as one of the most immature dudes in the NBA. Keep it simple. He isn't good enough to be throwing it off the backboard in a situation like that.

Originally Posted by foreveryoung

laugh.gif
I swear this needs to be repeated. Stop talking about stuff you know nothing about. We know nothing but what leaks out, so we have no idea what Flip does/doesn't do to John Wall. Stop it. I hate when people talk about Coaches so that is why I am fed up with those types of comments.

Originally Posted by foreveryoung

laugh.gif
I swear this needs to be repeated. Stop talking about stuff you know nothing about. We know nothing but what leaks out, so we have no idea what Flip does/doesn't do to John Wall. Stop it. I hate when people talk about Coaches so that is why I am fed up with those types of comments.

Man, every time I see this thread jump I get my hopes up wishing that Javale has done something extraordinarily stupid

Man, every time I see this thread jump I get my hopes up wishing that Javale has done something extraordinarily stupid

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

grin.gif

If you can take 2 dribbles and 360 or windmill then its all good on the break.  But if you stop your momentum look around and then throw it off the glass while you are losing in the 3rd your mind isnt right.

grin.gif

If you can take 2 dribbles and 360 or windmill then its all good on the break.  But if you stop your momentum look around and then throw it off the glass while you are losing in the 3rd your mind isnt right.

It still takes THOUGHT to perform a 360. A simple one-handed dunk can be instinctive, but actual thought goes into performing a 360, reverse, etc. All of those "flashy" dunks scream look at me. They are all flashy dunks. He isn't good enough nor is he on a good enough team to do things like that while down.

It still takes THOUGHT to perform a 360. A simple one-handed dunk can be instinctive, but actual thought goes into performing a 360, reverse, etc. All of those "flashy" dunks scream look at me. They are all flashy dunks. He isn't good enough nor is he on a good enough team to do things like that while down.

I disagree.  Not at this level for guys like Vince, Bron, Kobe, D.Rose, McGee...

Back
Top Bottom