Javale Mcgee does it again!!

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

It still takes THOUGHT to perform a 360. A simple one-handed dunk can be instinctive, but actual thought goes into performing a 360, reverse, etc. All of those "flashy" dunks scream look at me. They are all flashy dunks. He isn't good enough nor is he on a good enough team to do things like that while down.

I disagree.  Not at this level for guys like Vince, Bron, Kobe, D.Rose, McGee...

It still takes THOUGHT to perform a 360. A simple one-handed dunk can be instinctive, but actual thought goes into performing a 360, reverse, etc. All of those "flashy" dunks scream look at me. They are all flashy dunks. He isn't good enough nor is he on a good enough team to do things like that while down.

I disagree JR Smith did a 360 alley oop in transition and he's done 360 lay ups to avoid defenders several times...for certain players it comes natural in game

I disagree JR Smith did a 360 alley oop in transition and he's done 360 lay ups to avoid defenders several times...for certain players it comes natural in game

To avoid defenders doesn't take thought? That is not natural body movement. It takes thought because you have to see where the defenders are to avoid them. Calling that natural is just funny. It might not be hard for him but to call it a natural movement? Nah.

Truth, again, if you are on a breakaway, and you are looking at that rim, you are deciding in your mind how you are going to finish. It isn't as if you lose control of your mind while moving to the basket. You look at the rim and think in your mind what you are going to do.

So again, all flashy dunks take thought. Don't confuse that with me saying they aren't improvised or me saying that they are pre-determined. Improvisation still involves thought.

To avoid defenders doesn't take thought? That is not natural body movement. It takes thought because you have to see where the defenders are to avoid them. Calling that natural is just funny. It might not be hard for him but to call it a natural movement? Nah.

Truth, again, if you are on a breakaway, and you are looking at that rim, you are deciding in your mind how you are going to finish. It isn't as if you lose control of your mind while moving to the basket. You look at the rim and think in your mind what you are going to do.

So again, all flashy dunks take thought. Don't confuse that with me saying they aren't improvised or me saying that they are pre-determined. Improvisation still involves thought.

Do yall remember when she kissed Dr. J in the mouth during the dunk "cuntest"
roll.gif

That's what had me thinking about it. That potential offspring they could create would be like, an epic basketball player. Half the juice that created Javale (I don't know anything about his dad) + Dr. J?!

BTW that might have been an accident. My pastor's wife did that to me. I was standing there all confused like did she just kiss me in the mouth? I think she was going for left cheek and Dr J pulled a fast one

That's what had me thinking about it. That potential offspring they could create would be like, an epic basketball player. Half the juice that created Javale (I don't know anything about his dad) + Dr. J?!

BTW that might have been an accident. My pastor's wife did that to me. I was standing there all confused like did she just kiss me in the mouth? I think she was going for left cheek and Dr J pulled a fast one

Think about about all the guys like JR and Shannon Brown who struggled in dunk contests b/c they had to sit round and think then complete dunks.
In the heat of the game it's more natural for them which is why some guys are better in game dunkers.

Think about about all the guys like JR and Shannon Brown who struggled in dunk contests b/c they had to sit round and think then complete dunks.
In the heat of the game it's more natural for them which is why some guys are better in game dunkers.

In game dunkers vs. defense they are better dunkers. If we are talking about breakaway dunks vs. Dunk Contest dunks, there is no difference. Not sure what you are presenting here.

More natural is your new argument? Of course it is more natural than sitting around thinking about a dunk. But my argument is that it isn't natural.

If you have 2 seconds jetting to the rim to dunk in a game, trust me, I don't care WHO you are, you are going to think about what type of dunk you are going to do. It is not an involuntary decision especially if we are talking about flashy dunks. You have to think about doing a 360 or a windmill. It is a split second thought, but it damn sure isn't natural. Maybe your definition of natural differs from mine.

In game dunkers vs. defense they are better dunkers. If we are talking about breakaway dunks vs. Dunk Contest dunks, there is no difference. Not sure what you are presenting here.

More natural is your new argument? Of course it is more natural than sitting around thinking about a dunk. But my argument is that it isn't natural.

If you have 2 seconds jetting to the rim to dunk in a game, trust me, I don't care WHO you are, you are going to think about what type of dunk you are going to do. It is not an involuntary decision especially if we are talking about flashy dunks. You have to think about doing a 360 or a windmill. It is a split second thought, but it damn sure isn't natural. Maybe your definition of natural differs from mine.

ok man. but ITS MORE NATURAL. than throwing it off the glass.  Can we agree on that.  Can we agree it takes more time to through it off the glass. Can we agree its more "flashy" than a windmill or 360?

If you can't then I don't know what to tell you.  Its a reason we see windmills and 360's but not off the glass to yourself very often.  So while it takes some thought to windmill or 360 its not as nearly contrived as a off the glass dunk which has more margin for error.  Don't argue just to argue. 

You've watched and supposedly been around too much basketball not do get how his play is just wrong in all aspects.

ok man. but ITS MORE NATURAL. than throwing it off the glass.  Can we agree on that.  Can we agree it takes more time to through it off the glass. Can we agree its more "flashy" than a windmill or 360?

If you can't then I don't know what to tell you.  Its a reason we see windmills and 360's but not off the glass to yourself very often.  So while it takes some thought to windmill or 360 its not as nearly contrived as a off the glass dunk which has more margin for error.  Don't argue just to argue. 

You've watched and supposedly been around too much basketball not do get how his play is just wrong in all aspects.

Back
Top Bottom