Javale Mcgee does it again!!

i got you back DoubleJs. 
glasses.gif

you guys havent seen this guy play year after year.

even players on horrid teams try to play well to get paid and get the hell of a terrible team.  This guy was a walking blooper real in a contract year.  Its amazing what happens when you arent playing meaningless basketball and you arent trying to get embarrassed on nationally televised playoff games.

I'm just wondering if when he gets paid DEN trades him like they did Nene if he doesn't come through for them as an all-star caliber player right away. I feel those expectations would be a bit much given age and time in the league so far.

I haven't seen SouthPark in years but I need to find this episode
laugh.gif

media
media

NO WAY..... I have to see this. Is this a recent episode? I can just imagine the
laugh.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
smokin.gif
 this episode brought! 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's like someone was controlling him in Madden..hit turbo, and hit sticked when he got to the top of the key into Blake
laugh.gif

I saw that SP ep, they didn't have McGee do anything of note. The whole ep is about making sure to black kids stay together and don't date interracially.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I'm just wondering if when he gets paid DEN trades him like they did Nene if he doesn't come through for them as an all-star caliber player right away. I feel those expectations would be a bit much given age and time in the league so far.
Nene was in DEN for 9+ years he had plenty chances Mcgee doesn't have nearly the same expectations right now. 
I'm wondering if they'll be hesitant in matching a huge number given the buyers remorse on Nene.  

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

How much better would you guys say Roy Hibbert and Marc Gasol are in comparison to McGee ?
He is like JR Smith (no pun intended because of your avi). Some days you are going to get a glimpse at the great player that he could be. But those games arent exactly the norm. They have great ability but they dont always show it.

As far as your question, I would take both of those guys over McGee 100 times out of 100. They are legit Centers who have great post moves and rebound and block shots just as well as McGee. With that said if Mcgee can get it together and string together a nice season rather than a nice 2-3 games in a series he is definitely one of the better Centers in the league without a doubt. Its a shallow talent pool at that position in the NBA. There are only a handful of really good Centers in the league. But the two guys you mentioned about are 2 of the best in the league

[h1][/h1]
[h1]JaVale McGee is getting closer to playing for the Philippines[/h1]By Eric Freeman | Ball Don't Lie – 17 hours ago

One of the top stories of the playoffs so far, beyond that many games have been unwatchable, is that Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee played like a capable and effective pro. There's a chance that, for as many silly plays as he's made over the years, he could become one of the best centers in the league, even if he does nothing more than block shots, rebound and catch the ball around the basket for easy dunks and alley-oops.
Now that the Nuggets' season is over, JaVale has a chance to work on his game this summer. As far as we know, he won't be doing so as part of Team USA, either with the senior team or the select squad that practices and scrimmages with them before the London Olympics. In fact, McGee might play for another nation in international competition in the future. Oddly enough, he might end up playing for the Philippines.

McGee has been trying to become a naturalized citizen of the island country for some time now, but it's been a long process. Now, however, there's legislation in the Filipino government to get it done. From Francis Respisio for local station News5 (via PBT):
A bill has been filed in the House of Representatives to naturalize Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee to make him eligible for the SMART-Gilas Pilipinas national team.

Antipolo City representative Robbie Puno filed House Bill 6169, which would make McGee a Filipino citizen. Puno, in his bill's cover letter, cited McGee's "remarkable track record in the United States' professional basketball scene" as consideration for his inclusion in the SMART-Gilas program.

McGee, who came over to the Philippines twice last year during the NBA lockout, has expressed interest in playing for the country.

The Philippines is a basketball-mad country, and McGee's relationship with them could be the start of a serious celebrity profile. Additionally, Pinoy genetics have conspired to create a population of relatively short people, which means their national team could use a player of McGee's height.

The problem here is that Team USA would be giving up a secret weapon in FIBA play if it allows McGee to play for the Philippines. If McGee has one obvious weakness as a player, it's that he tends to try to block everything and thereby gets called for more goaltending violations than anyone else in the league. In FIBA play, players are allowed to touch the basketball as soon as it hits the rim. McGee could thrive simply by patrolling the area around the basket and swatting away any shots that draw iron. He's already a good shot-blocker in the NBA, but in FIBA ball he could be a monster.

All Team USA has to do is get a little creative in its defensive strategy. If it lets his Filipino citizenship happen, it stands to lose him forever.

hah apparently he had so much fun playing in those exhibitions during the lockout. i went to one of those games, dude was ballin and even had the nerve to plank after a huge block

r29i4p.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
kamusta pare!

Originally Posted by RawSheed

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Additionally, Pinoy genetics have conspired to create a population of relatively short people, which means their national team could use a player of McGee's height.
I didn't know that genetics could "conspire"
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom