Jay-Blueprint 2 (the song) Appreciation

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

I really don't think NaS cares a whole lot about "the war" as y'all so elequently put it. NaS has NEVER wanted to be like Jay. He seems content with who he is- he don't need what Jay has. Its the other way around if at all...Jigga always tried to imitate NaS and wanted his spot, but could never do it. So that point "won the battle, not the war" has always been mute in my book.
but Nas is the one creatin songs stating "YOu wanna be me/you cant you phony you fake..." on the 8 mile soundtrack in which Jay smashedthat with the "Back from Italy freestyle"

If you think Nas won, do your best not listen to that freestyle, PSA remix, or Blueprint 2.

Why do ppl keep bringing up Nas signing to IDJ as a loss. It's not like Jay owns the label. And how do we know that wasnt in Nas' best interest

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I mean in the grand scheme of things when it all mattered Jay Z was not a factor
.........and now in the year 2009 in the grand scheme of things who matters more??
Is that how we're deciding who won a battle now? I can't decide lets see where they're at almost a decade from now
eyes.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
How it go again? "Even in a loss I will not lose"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

He was on the radio really sounding like he was about cry. Like, seriously...that was bad
smh.gif
laugh.gif
Jay is my guy, but that is sooo true
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
frown.gif
It shocked me that he even came on air sounding like that. That more than anything made dude a loser. I felt mad that this ninja was from BK sounding like a lame with no self esteem. Stuttering and stammering, plus the way NaS handled his W and the whole battle didn't help dismissed him like he wasn't worth it to begin with.

roll.gif
I remember most of that interview. Does anybody have alink to it? I want to hear it again.

I could go on for days about how this song is the best song out of the whole tirade........... but I won't.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I actually like "Blueprint (Mama Loves Me)" better. Very different songs but I thought it was relevant enough.

Mad random....
laugh.gif

Anyways,

The Beat: A+

Everything else, not so much. We have this debate almost quarterly now it seems but yo...anyone who likes this song then has the nerve to say Jaywon...it's confusing.

This song is him basically saying I can't believe I lost to this guy.

The hook is beyond awful...he had a couple clever lines but at the end of the day Rocafella records got gunned up and clapped quick.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Is that how we're deciding who won a battle now? I can't decide lets see where they're at almost a decade from now
eyes.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
How it go again? "Even in a loss I will not lose"
laugh.gif
The point was made that Nas stated "in the grand scheme of things when it all mattered Jay Z was not a factor". With that being said in the grand scheme of things right now in this current day and time Nas himself is not a factor by that rationale. Thus proving my point that Nas's original point was/is invalid from the get go.

How exactly does that make Nas point invalid? He was talking about then. The ++%!+ can't predict the future. How does him not being a factornow have anything to do what he said in the past? If anything they can both hold true.

Originally Posted by cartune

"JUST CAUSED THE DUDE WEAR A KUFI DONT MEAN THAT HE BRIGHT"

NO. IT. DON'T. I WAS RIDING WITH NAS WHEN THIS WHOLE BEEF WENT DOWN, BUT IN RETROSPECT, NAS LOST. JAY KILLED IT ON THIS TRACK. JAY-Z AND NAS WERE ACTUALLYBATTLING THE SAME DUDE : THE MAN NAS USED TO BE. POINT BLANK.

Back
Top Bottom