Jay Electronica Appreciation

I just thought the math was interesting and I personally don’t care how long an album takes to come out if it’s a classic or great. However this album has a great Jay Z performance, a good Jay Electronica performance, average production, and poor/distracting mixing making it just a fine to good album. I like it but I’m not giving him a pass for just delivering an aight record, plenty of other MCs had huge expectations for albums and delivered. Jay Electronica has the potential and skill to make great albums and this wasn’t one.

5% stuff is some nonesense.

Jay really putting his corporate ties at risk being on an album with Farrakhan, and those weird Jewish lines on 4:44.

You really seem bothered by this :lol:

Jay-Z been on this wave for a minute. The very first song these 2 made together damn near 10 years go...Jay is talking about chasing Yakubs out of caves. His corporate ties seem to be ok.

I really don’t see what some people are saying. The mixing is horrible on Ghost of Soulja Slim, but outside of Flux Capacitor, the production is light enough that the mixing doesn’t really bother me.

Jay Electronica’s verses always take me learning them word for word and being able to decipher what he’s actually getting at with the verse. I heard a lot I need to go back to. That’s my ****, though. I love an album that I enjoy on first listen, but I especially love one that gets better with time. Maybe I’m a Stan and this is my bias, but everything I’ve heard from Jay Electronica has got better to me with time and understanding.

Not dismissing anyone’s opinion, but it’s been a day. I need a lot more time with this album.

You really seem bothered by this :lol:

Jay-Z been on this wave for a minute. The very first song these 2 made together damn near 10 years go...Jay is talking about chasing Yakubs out of caves. His corporate ties seem to be ok.

I mean it's mostly funny to me, it seems to me that all that 5%er **** is pure crack pottery,

its hard to imagine risking getting branded an anti Semite

in service of a religion for kooks. :lol:

harlemtothebronx harlemtothebronx No offense taken and I’m not dismissing anybody’s opinion either. If you loved this album and it spoke to you, more power to ya. Music is completely subjective so I’m not gonna **** on you if you really enjoyed it. It’s just that imo that as many people are judging him harshly for taking 10 years to release this, just as many people are giving him a pass since he finally dropped something.

This really came out?!

son took 11 years to hoard a album worth of Jay-Z features :lol: :lol:

its great don't get me wrong, but this exceeded Detox in ridiculousness.

imagine waiting for a follow-up, you got kids that were born when exhibition C drop that are in middle school now... imagine a sequel? :smh:

Jay-Z is really rapping.

Jay Elec is really not.

Album is solid, def not worth the wait.
5% stuff is some nonesense.

Jay really putting his corporate ties at risk being on an album with Farrakhan, and those weird Jewish lines on 4:44.
I mean it's mostly funny to me, it seems to me that all that 5%er **** is pure crack pottery,

its hard to imagine risking getting branded an anti Semite

in service of a religion for kooks. :lol:

You're not black, huh

I can understand why this 5% wacky stuff can appeal to black Americans,

as a Nigerian/Canadian it obviously has no appeal to me.

If yall are into it that's fine, but im also allowed to think it's funny. :lol:

I can understand why this 5% wacky stuff can appeal to black Americans,

as a Nigerian/Canadian it obviously has no appeal to me.

If yall are into it that's fine, but im also allowed to think it's funny. :lol:

What exactly makes it more wacky than Christianity, which is a much more dominant religion in the world and probably referenced/portrayed in a bright manner in a lot of music you've enjoyed?
What was said on this album that was so wacky or kooky?
There seems to be some personal thing going on with you and this.
I'm not religious, for what it's worth.

What exactly makes it more wacky than Christianity, which is a much more dominant religion in the world and probably referenced/portrayed in a bright manner in a lot of music you've enjoyed?
What was said on this album that was so wacky or kooky?
There seems to be some personal thing going on with you and this.
I'm not religious, for what it's worth.

I think they are all wacky, but it older religions can at least hide behind the vagaries of history.

I think it's wackiness is somewhere between Mormonism and Scientology. which to me are both pretty wacky.

I dig it :pimp:
only thing im tight about is shiny suit theory on the album (which I called weeks before) and the first track not being a song, 2 slots that could have been replaced with new heat

bonus tracks coming soon?:emoji_thinking:

Back
Top Bottom