Jay Electronica Appreciation

Finally gave this a listen. Its cool but I am disappointed. Son literally had Jay on every song as if he was doing a Nas impersonation.

What J Elec brought really didn't shine through. Probably doest have the best verse on his own album. To think he's geeking in one verse about hitting the lottery cuz Jay is featuring on the album.

Should've kept Jay just on Ghost of Soulja Slim and Flux Capacitor. I don't really count w/e he did on ADPITA as rapping. Also omit Shiny Suit Theory and give us something new.

Ran through this 3 spins now and the message is great. I'm digging that. Fav songs are:

Ghost of Soulja Slim
Flux Capacitor
Neverending Story
ADPITA

I can see how some want a Mos Def joint after listening to this. I feel like I can hear Nas on some of these tracks.

I like it and is one of my favorite songs on it [shrug]

Did you listen to the original?
Nah, I don't think so.

Either way that **** is so displeasing sonically. It's one of those songs that I could probably suddenly like tomorrow though if I can catch the damn melody. :lol:

It just feels overproduced.

Flux Capacitor hate?

Nah

Get the gat! Get the gat!

The hook might throw you off (is that Jay? :lol: :nerd: )but once they start rapping its dopeness :pimp:

It's one of those songs that I could probably suddenly like tomorrow though if I can catch the damn melody. :lol:
I got you

NimbleUnfitKiwi-size_restricted.gif

You can tell it took time to make this.

"They say you get your whole life to make your first album..."

As for the too much Hov complaints, I forgot where I read it but they said this is like their version of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and for a certain type of listener, that's dope af

Last edited:
"They say you get your whole life to make your first album..."

As for the too much Hov complaints, I forgot where I read it but they said this is like their version of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and for a certain type of listener, that's dope af
Even I caught that they were trying to take it back to those type of albums but whether we talking Iron man or OB4CL Ghost/Rae/Cappa aren't on every song :lol:

They all get off lyrically but Ghost doesn't have the best verse on Rae's album.

Cant say the same here.

only built for cuban linx approach....its your "solo" but ur big homie on every track damn near out flaming u.

Even I caught that they were trying to take it back to those type of albums but whether we talking Iron man or OB4CL Ghost/Rae/Cappa aren't on every song :lol:

They all get off lyrically but Ghost doesn't have the best verse on Rae's album.

Cant say the same here.

True but we talkin bout Jay-Z here :lol: I get what ure sayin tho and it wasn't a perfect comparison, just meant it more like both those albums are the product of two minds comin together for some raw ****

U right tho jay is on damn near every track but this some next level **** here, like Bron and Hov competing to see who can stay on top of their respective games longest

its your "solo" but ur big homie on every track damn near out flaming u.

please let this type of thinking die.

we never cared who out flamed who between
Meth and Red
Red and K Solo
Ghost and Rae
Big and Jay

just stop.

its sets a bad example, and the young cats cant tell the difference

NO ONE gave a throwaway **** about who outshined who until Nas said it on Ether

now everyone is a ****ing critic

stop that ****

Back