Jay Electronica Appreciation

Initially I felt Jay wanted to drop another project and was using JE as a way to do it and still sound refreshing. Maybe that's apart of it.

But now I'm feeling like Jay wanted JE to have a body of work and held his hand through it so it got done. Son had album fright and this was the only way he Jay Z could help him get over it. I feel like JayZ played the background on the presentation of this (listening party, tracklist etc.)

"40 days, 40 nights, tryna live up to the hype
It's the road less traveled, it's the one who missed the flights
Hov hit me up like, 'What, you scared of heights?
Know your sister tired of workin', gotta do her something nice' "

Just the rap competition fan in me , but I could see Nas washing them up on Ghost of Soulja Slim beat...still love the song by all means

screw face when I caught the 1921 Tulsa reference on Flux, ran it back like 5xFull Version Wish List :

A few from my Full Version Wish List :

Flux Pavilion outro
Beach is Better
2nd part of Furthest Thing from NWTS

Last edited:
Na im talking about ‘I really rap’

had to look up upstage :wow: cant believe I missed that, imma give it a ear

alot better then i really rap.. enjoy da old to us new to you project, its even better than diplomatic ties.

This album takes me back to the 90s. Songs/beats with so many layers, so much to digest, so much to understand. Multiple spins are needed to get a good conclusion. You can tell it took time to make this.

One thing I I think engineers now do it for earbuds/headphones and not cars or house systems.

I don't hear the problems hearing their lyrics listening that some have complained about.

We have a black man calling other black men kooks for not subscribing to a fraudulent set of history. He is so afraid of what his master may brand him as, that he is willing to toss away his identity and deny his lineage. Sad.

Initially I felt Jay wanted to drop another project and was using JE as a way to do it and still sound refreshing. Maybe that's apart of it.

But now I'm feeling like Jay wanted JE to have a body of work and held his hand through it so it got done. Son had album fright and this was the only way he Jay Z could help him get over it. I feel like JayZ played the background on the presentation of this (listening party, tracklist etc.)

"40 days, 40 nights, tryna live up to the hype
It's the road less traveled, it's the one who missed the flights
Hov hit me up like, 'What, you scared of heights?
Know your sister tired of workin', gotta do her something nice' "

Not sure if it's been discussed but take it for it's worth: This is actually Jay-Z's album and this album is Jay-Z's written Testimony as to why Jay Elect is the best to ever do it. His written testimony falls in line with the Exhibit series and explains the intro with Farrakhan discussing the lawyer. Supposedly Jay Elec has another album coming out. From what I've gathered this album was really a shot at Drake and this is Jay-z/e letting drake know they're ready to catch a body. This also explains Drake's song "War" and him trying to upstage Hov by shooting a video in Marcy.

Not sure if it's been discussed but take it for it's worth: This is actually Jay-Z's album and this album is Jay-Z's written Testimony as to why Jay Elect is the best to ever do it. His written testimony falls in line with the Exhibit series and explains the intro with Farrakhan discussing the lawyer. Supposedly Jay Elec has another album coming out. From what I've gathered this album was really a shot at Drake and this is Jay-z/e letting drake know they're ready to catch a body. This also explains Drake's song "War" and him trying to upstage Hov by shooting a video in Marcy.

tenor.gif

Jay still sharp as ever at 50+
Listen, I named my son, Sir, so you gotta call my son, "Sir"
That boy already knighted, he ain't even out his romper

You speakin' on the kingdom, you better watch your tongue, sir
I send you where you never been, you forget where I'm from, sir?
That gossip I send bald heads, Lou Gossett out the gun, sir

Don’t forget the tie-in of “A Raisin in the Sun” later on in the line champ. One of the movies Lou Gossett was in.
Jay really putting his corporate ties at risk being on an album with Farrakhan, and those weird Jewish lines on 4:44.

*Minister Louis Farrakhan*.........”So.........all you scared to death negroes osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh .....................just sit down”

Back
Top Bottom