Jay-Z is the most CONSISTENT rap artist ever.

Originally Posted by WillyBuck

There are multiple skip-worthy songs, such as "Izzo," "Jigga That..," and "Hola Hovito," that I personally don't mess with and that right there keeps it from being anywhere near consideration.

As far as its reception, production, etc. goes, I don't see how it rivals the other albums listed. Everything about "The Blueprint" seems atleast one step removed from the albums I would consider classic, though I usually focus solely on the music itself. .....TO YOU

Just look at the thread about peoples favorite Jay-Z singles....many people list Izzo as their favorite including me and The Blueprint is at the top of manypeople's favorite albums list.

I personally think all of those Eric B solo tracks on Paid in Full don't stand the test of time but I still know that its a classic album that changed thegame tremendously. Mamcita on Aqumeni is total garbage to me. Got yourself a gun and Smokin aren't the greatest songs on Stillmatic...but does that changewhat the album is?

Blueprint didn't have buzz around it? Maybe you just weren't checking for it....It came out the gate as a 5 mic album, dropped on 9/11 and still wentgold in a week. Joint was leaked earlier and more times than The Carter 3. You're buggin.

Everyone went back to the slow lyrics over speed up soul samples after this album...Dipset, G-Unit...everything sounded like The Blueprint for 2-3 years.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

IMO more than half of the songs are pretty wack... The album didn't move me ONE bit in comparison to his better work... Just sounds forced.

Intro
Can't Be Life
You,Me, Him & Her
Soon You'll Understand
Where Have You Been

The rest sounds like a Dogg Pound album... I'm not sayin artists should sound the same all the time but I don't want the so called King Of New York rappin over beats Snoop should have, the same way I don't Snoop rockin over %%@@ better suited for Jay... I'm sure a lot of people felt that way, prolly Jay included that's why he changed his sound for Blueprint...

I respect that opinion. Never said the album was a classic or a great release. Just showing that even his so-called worse joints had redeemable qualities.

Wait you don't mess with Streets is Talking or 1-900-Hustler?
eek.gif

Oh my fault.
1-900 Hustler was
pimp.gif

Streets Is Talkin was... pretty coo...

I got his catalog on the ipod, but Dynasty/Vol 3/KC/BP2 rarely get play... If it wasn't for this thread I prolly wouldn't have went through thosejoints today...

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Just look at the thread about peoples favorite Jay-Z singles....many people list Izzo as their favorite including me and The Blueprint is at the top of many people's favorite albums list.

I personally think all of those Eric B solo tracks on Paid in Full don't stand the test of time but I still know that its a classic album that changed the game tremendously.
I don't need to check a thread filled with Jay fans because it's already apparent from this thread that we differ in taste. And there is adifference between a song aging and losing its appeal and songs that are flat out bad from the jump.
Blueprint didn't have buzz around it? Maybe you just weren't checking for it....It came out the gate as a 5 mic album, dropped on 9/11 and still went gold in a week. Joint was leaked earlier and more times than The Carter 3. You're buggin.

I didn't say it didn't have a buzz, I said it wasn't as hyped as other albums he's released. I definitely don't remember people hyping itthen as much as they do now.

Everyone went back to the slow lyrics over speed up sould samples after this album...Dipset, G-Unit...everything sounded like The Blueprint for 2-3 years. Mamcita on Aqumeni is totla garbage to me. Got yourslf a gun and Smokin aren't the greatest songs on Stillmatic...but does that change what the album is?
Is that suppose to be an achievement? And I'd take Mamacita, Got Yourself.., and Smokin' over the songs I listed off Blueprint.

You entitled to your opinion WillyBuck...but Illuztrious is probably the biggest Jay hater on NT and he listed Izzo as his favorite jay single and to me it thepefect example of staying Hip-Hop and making a commerically viable single. Far from flat out bad to me.

Like I said you probably weren't checking for the hype but it was definetly there. Jay had promised a solo classic after the disappointing group album"The Dynasty"...versions got leaked weeks after its announcement. Anyone remember the versions with "early this morning" and "addictedto the game"?
pimp.gif
There was virtually a new version every month. Itgot a 5 mic rating prior to be released and streets were buzzing. It sold out in major retailers on 9/11 fam....album had major hype.

Mamacita over Izzo
alien.gif

OK.

how can anyone question jay's consistency is beyond me.

there's not another rapper that achieved the success he did, remain longevity and relevance. what the +@#$ is consistence to y'all then?

dudes namin all these other rappers...who really knows them though?

only two dudes i can see being in this argument is nas and ghost...and even
they can't really rival the level of consistency jay has and i'm a huge fan of both.

( just went to nas concert last night. my God.
smh.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
)

probably go against him on a album per album basis and still have relevance, but outside that, overall success and consistency in more aspects than one, noway.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Oh and who could forget that Summer Jam screen?

ballerina_p_snicka_dot_com.jpg

Blueprint had crazy pre-release hype.

No denying son went IN on them
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

ABH... my dude...

There is NO point in arguing with this Mid East guy
laugh.gif

I don't think HE EVEN believes half the #+!% that he posts
smh.gif

What's the argument ?

It's been deaded after both your ridiculous claims have been proved wrong.

When I was pushin weight back in'88...you was a ballerina. I got the pictures I seen ya.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

05935273ef6c321897742e3b55140e713d6f7d1.gif

How you say something like that to somebody and then unveil the proof at the biggest Hip-Hop concert of the year?

He smashed dudes whole aura. No wonder P is writing them angry %%$ letter from the pen.

The Black Album
The Blueprint

are classics, along with Reasonable Doubt of course.

How does ANYBODY like this Vinnie Paz %%$+$?... you HAVE to be a lame %%$+$ to listen to that bull ##%*
laugh.gif

We either define classics differently, or are hearing two different things.

Either way, you said Jay was THE most consistent ever, which is no where near true.

I'm not even gonna touch the Vinnie comment.

Originally Posted by M16

We either define classics differently, or are hearing two different things.

Either way, you said Jay was THE most consistent ever, which is no where near true.

I'm not even gonna touch the Vinnie comment.
Im I the only NT'er that wants to shoot this dude?

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

I think you just say +++$... just to say it
laugh.gif

Your list is trash... smh

and what exactly is "trash" ? Are you gonna say with a straight face Jay is more consistent than Scarface or Kool G ? Ace or Killah Priest ? If not/thread. If so,
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by M16

You wanna talk about flow ?

Jay-Z's flow went from dope (early 90's) to good ('96) to unbearable ('97 on)

Combine with boring brag raps repeated constantly and you have NT's favorite rapper.
This guy
laugh.gif

Hating on everybody that's getting more money than him...

Originally Posted by M16

laugh.gif

and what exactly is "trash" ? Are you gonna say with a straight face Jay is more consistent than Scarface or Kool G ? Ace or Killah Priest ? If not /thread. If so,
indifferent.gif

cosign

Originally Posted by M16

laugh.gif

and what exactly is "trash" ? Are you gonna say with a straight face Jay is more consistent than Scarface or Kool G ? Ace or Killah Priest ? If not /thread. If so,
indifferent.gif
You also had REDMAN and AZ on that list doggie.
laugh.gif

AZ is my dude (top 15 all-time).. but no way in hell his albums are more consistent than HOV's.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom