JAY-Z SAYS "TAKEOVER" ETHER'D NAS, "IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE"

It's been nine years and the great debate over Jay-Z vs. Nas still isn't over. Earlier today (November 15), Hov appeared on Peter Rosenberg and Cipha Sounds's podcast, "Juan Epstein," and during the interview, the Brooklyn legend said, despite popular opinion, that his 2001 diss record towards God's Son, "The Takeover" is better than Nasir's response track, "Ether." "I think in the history when we look back, and I don't mean no disrespect to Nas, I think when we look back it's not even close," he shared, adding, "I just think it was a better record." (XXL Mag)

It's been nine years and the great debate over Jay-Z vs. Nas still isn't over. Earlier today (November 15), Hov appeared on Peter Rosenberg and Cipha Sounds's podcast, "Juan Epstein," and during the interview, the Brooklyn legend said, despite popular opinion, that his 2001 diss record towards God's Son, "The Takeover" is better than Nasir's response track, "Ether." "I think in the history when we look back, and I don't mean no disrespect to Nas, I think when we look back it's not even close," he shared, adding, "I just think it was a better record." (XXL Mag)

We all know this. /thread
^ That's debatable, but what isn't is that Jay has had the better career...Plus he's married to B...

Jay won..

We all know this. /thread
^ That's debatable, but what isn't is that Jay has had the better career...Plus he's married to B...

Jay won..

Article is a fail. The quote is being taken out of context. Anyone who heard the interview knows that.

Article is a fail. The quote is being taken out of context. Anyone who heard the interview knows that.

I'll say this Takeover was way better as a song than ether. But as a DISS song Ether ripped jay-z apart. Takeover is kinda witty and slick dissing where Ether went straight to the point even in the chorus "!*#% JAYZ" when you hear that track you already know the agenda.

I'll say this Takeover was way better as a song than ether. But as a DISS song Ether ripped jay-z apart. Takeover is kinda witty and slick dissing where Ether went straight to the point even in the chorus "!*#% JAYZ" when you hear that track you already know the agenda.

Everyone and they momma knows they were going crazy when Ether dropped. Brought that dude Nas outta hibernation 1st off. 2nd off he went off like we didn't know he could.

Everyone and they momma knows they were going crazy when Ether dropped. Brought that dude Nas outta hibernation 1st off. 2nd off he went off like we didn't know he could.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

he went off like we didn't know he could.

This is apart of the reason it's overrated. Just like Common "The B**** in You. 2 above average disses that are praised because of the level of humility the 2 rappers usually carry

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

he went off like we didn't know he could.

This is apart of the reason it's overrated. Just like Common "The B**** in You. 2 above average disses that are praised because of the level of humility the 2 rappers usually carry

Here we go again...some dude is going to be talking about how Ether is just a bunch of playground insults when Takeover is facts...

Here we go again...some dude is going to be talking about how Ether is just a bunch of playground insults when Takeover is facts...

I was too young at the time but from what I understand Nas shut %%#% down with the release of Ether... I always understood that Jay won the war... but Nas won that battle. Heard all of NYC was choosin Nasir then.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, as I am curious.

I was too young at the time but from what I understand Nas shut %%#% down with the release of Ether... I always understood that Jay won the war... but Nas won that battle. Heard all of NYC was choosin Nasir then.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, as I am curious.

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Originally Posted by SUSHI AND GRITS

it's true, but nas is still the better overall artist artist.
I don't get how anyone can say this.
Me either bro.  Just baffles me.  And I am a Nas fan.

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Originally Posted by SUSHI AND GRITS

it's true, but nas is still the better overall artist artist.
I don't get how anyone can say this.
Me either bro.  Just baffles me.  And I am a Nas fan.

2nd thread on this today
laugh.gif
Interview not even that good.

Somebody need to ask Jay why he was sounding so hurt when Angie told him he lost. Not these questions he'll never admit he wasn't the best at.

Back
Top Bottom