Jean-Michel Basquiat paintings

i learned about Basquiat a while back in a graphic design course where we did little research projects on artists of our choice. at first i didn't see him as a great artist due to the roughness of his art but the more i learned about him and his life, the more i appreciated his work and saw them as true art. his art may not look perfect or whatever but it has so much underlying meaning that i cant help but admire his work.

Yeah i think I might buy a couple of the prints.
What I really want is something like the painting in my second post.

I'm going to have to read more into him if his life is that interesting, and watch the doc on Netflix.

Last edited:
i think its dumb swizz is whoring out his name on all the reebok stuff. I've seen Downtown 81 and his bio film by jeffrey wright and always thought basquiat was a very intriguing person. Im not a big fan of some of his artwork but I did like his taggings. In the metallica documentary lars ulrich sold his basquiat painting for 5 mill and that was back in 04.

http://images.nortonsimon.org/fcgi-bin/IIPImageServer.fcgi?FIF=d:/images/P197208303.ptif&WID=350&CVT=JPEG/img]

[GALLERY="media, 151382"][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY="media, 151383"][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY="media, 151384"][/GALLERY]

Last edited:
I had no idea who the person was until I read Jay Z decoded book tbh
Once that book dropped I've noticed people on here talking about him more and more. John Mayer and Coldplay had that same effect. It's like once Jay-Z or Kanye start messing with certain artists, everyone becomes a fan. :lol:

For the record, I'm not directly referring to you OP.

Back
Top Bottom