Originally Posted by NYC game

Originally Posted by RetroSan

well since we're on the topic, i think that Eminem is ridiculously overrated 
nerd.gif
I've been saying that for years 
laugh.gif

First 2 albums was tight, after that  
eyes.gif
 I was thinking why are people still talking about him ?
Ditto.
Dudes kill me when they throw him on their top 5 lists and then when I ask them to spit an Em verse all I hear is "uh, uh, uh...that ain't got ***! to do with it"
roll.gif

Or when they put him on the same level as Tupac and Biggie.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

Yeah, what Floyd said wasn't that bad. Lin is getting hype for being Asian the same way Tebow got hype because he sucks (I'm being semi-serious).

That's not to say that, based on his play alone, Lin doesn't deserve a lot of the attention he's getting. But not a single soul would deny that a lot of the attention he's receiving is because of his story (Asian, especially as a PG, Harvard grad, the rapid rise, etc.).

As for what this girl said, what bothers me is this -- how many other people think the same thing but we don't hear it or see it? That's what's most sad to me.
eek.gif
eek.gif
I think he's saying there's alot of closet racist out there that we interact with everyday but we would never know it because they don't say it outloud.

i know, fambs....
hence the 
eek.gif
eek.gif
 at how many people it could really be...

Just read everything she posted.

I am digusted, very disgusted....I'm just shocked there's still this hate (this is more than hate, actually) in people towards another people (based ONLY on skin tone).

I can't wrap my mind around it. How can a person be THAT dumb? HOW?

Yes, she is DUMB. VERY DUMB. Actually, I found myself more pissed with every tweet I read.

Never heard of a temporary bout of racism before.. Guess there can be an illness for everything..

This is just another reason how I find it very peculiar when I hear a lot of African American guys telling me, "man asian women love us bro. they just have to have us.". I'm always looking at them like "huh. Where?" I just never see it. I must always run across the super racist ones who cannot even look you in the eye to even see if you are attractive or not. Unless they start walking around holding more cakes in the glut area...........i'm not even trippin!

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif
@ rationalizing floyd's comments

they for sure would not fly if aimed at a black person doing well in a profession dominated by another race

Rush Limbaugh said worse about McNabb and basically got the same reaction as Floyd.
You're reaching.

I went to my local Asian mall to get that $20/hr full body massage
pimp.gif

and asked this elderly Asian man if he could tell me where I could find an ATM and he just stared at me then kept walking.

Random but I hate when the older generation Asians don't even have the respect to acknowledge a %*+#$.
30t6p3b.gif

rush was basically forced to resign from his job as an espn "analyst" for it and was definitely criticized. sure some defended him just as some of yall are defending floyd, but he got heat for those comments. im not reaching...

my boy JLin be sitting at home absolutely not giving a !@!% what people thinks of him.... I read somewhere he never gave up on his journey to become an nba player, and his biggest motivation was not the fame, money, or anything like that, but to spread the Word of God
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm asian and i don't think floyds comment was racist...it's true, Russell Westbrook is putting up the same stats every night and no ones talking about him. Monta ellis is putting up similar stats every night and no ones talking about him. Even steve nash...

on top of that Lin's TO's are
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Iamjusayn

This is just another reason how I find it very peculiar when I hear a lot of African American guys telling me, "man asian women love us bro. they just have to have us.". I'm always looking at them like "huh. Where?" I just never see it. I must always run across the super racist ones who cannot even look you in the eye to even see if you are attractive or not.
The only Asian women that I know that love black guys are the ones that live in black areas. I know a few of those. I had an asian girlfriend that only dealt with black and spanish dudes but she could NEVER bring them home. She was Korean American and her parents were really strict about that. She'll prolly marry a white guy with a black dudes swagger before getting with or having kids with a black dude. Real life %!#* tho. 

Those comments are really sad. I'm utterly disgusted and I'm Asian. I don't understand how a person could be so ignorant about any race.

Side note, but it's even sadder that older Asians are extremely racist to Blacks. Not saying all of them but a lot of them are closet racists. My dad the other was talking about how Black people purposely wreck their cars for insurance benefits (his thinking)...I hit em with the
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

I'm asian and i don't think floyds comment was racist...it's true, Russell Westbrook is putting up the same stats every night and no ones talking about him. Monta ellis is putting up similar stats every night and no ones talking about him. Even steve nash...

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Yeah but Westbrook didn't come from harvard, have everyone going against him, overcome the odds, blah blah blah 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

(I 100% agree with you)

rush was basically forced to resign from his job as an espn "analyst" for it and was definitely criticized. sure some defended him just as some of yall are defending floyd, but he got heat for those comments. im not reaching...

Floyd was also criticized for his statement but he can't be fired from boxing. If he was an analyst the backlash would have probably lead to him stepping down as well. Magic, Wilbon, countless sports radio individuals and writers got into Floyd for his comments, which were much milder than Limbaugh's and were made in a private venue. 

People make all types of racist statements about Obama and get away with it. He is a Black man in a profession dominated by others...you're reaching.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Floyd was also criticized for his statement but he can't be fired from boxing. If he was an analyst the backlash would have probably lead to him stepping down as well. Magic, Wilbon, countless sports radio individuals and writers got into Floyd for his comments, which were much milder than Limbaugh's and were made in a private venue. 

People make all types of racist statements about Obama and get away with it. He is a Black man in a profession dominated by others...you're reaching.
im not though. when rush said that stuff about mcnabb, which one of y'all defending floyd defended rush as well?
laugh.gif

some of y'all will probably respond to that saying, well floyd is right but rush just wrong and just being racist. they're both exactly the same. they're both idiots
laugh.gif

i'll agree with those who are saying the korean girl went WAY overboard. no doubt what she said was worse, talking about wiping out an entire race. but i'm not giving a floyd a pass on his comments either, troll or no troll.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Yeah but Westbrook didn't come from harvard, have everyone going against him, overcome the odds, blah blah blah 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

(I 100% agree with you)

yeah I guess that's true....but I mean...we all know the main hype factor is because he's asian 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Iamjusayn

This is just another reason how I find it very peculiar when I hear a lot of African American guys telling me, "man asian women love us bro. they just have to have us.".

laugh.gif
 Who are you talking to bro NT'ers ?

Cause we all know these cats are out of touch with reality.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

im not though. when rush said that stuff about mcnabb, which one of y'all defending floyd defended rush as well?
laugh.gif

some of y'all will probably respond to that saying, well floyd is right but rush just wrong and just being racist. they're both exactly the same. they're both idiots
laugh.gif

i'll agree with those who are saying the korean girl went WAY overboard. no doubt what she said was worse, talking about wiping out an entire race. but i'm not giving a floyd a pass on his comments either, troll or no troll.
Well Floyd is right though and Limbaugh was partially right.
McNabb was benefiting from Andy Reid's system and he may have been overrated at the time but the media attention he received wasn't because of his race...it was because of his explosive offense outputs. American's are used to black excellence in sports, that wasn't the reason for the spotlight on McNabb he was just a exciting athlete in a high powered offense.

With Jeremy Lin there is no question that his race is part of the attraction and hype. Months before he blew up NT'ers right here in the S&T forum were calling him the Asian Jackie Robinson
eek.gif
laugh.gif
. And he really is a racial trailblazer in many ways. Asians are underrepresented in the NBA and people are rightfully rallying behind him because of that reason....just like Yao Ming kept getting voted into the All-Star game by Asian fans, even though he could barely walk due to his rash of career ending injuries.

Just because someone references race doesn't make them racist. People need to take a breath and analyze whats being said for a second.

I don't see how Floyd's comments were racist or incorrect. 

Back
Top Bottom