Jenny Hyun responds to Mayweather's "Lin tweet"

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Floyd was also criticized for his statement but he can't be fired from boxing. If he was an analyst the backlash would have probably lead to him stepping down as well. Magic, Wilbon, countless sports radio individuals and writers got into Floyd for his comments, which were much milder than Limbaugh's and were made in a private venue. 

People make all types of racist statements about Obama and get away with it. He is a Black man in a profession dominated by others...you're reaching.
im not though. when rush said that stuff about mcnabb, which one of y'all defending floyd defended rush as well?
laugh.gif

some of y'all will probably respond to that saying, well floyd is right but rush just wrong and just being racist. they're both exactly the same. they're both idiots
laugh.gif

i'll agree with those who are saying the korean girl went WAY overboard. no doubt what she said was worse, talking about wiping out an entire race. but i'm not giving a floyd a pass on his comments either, troll or no troll.
Well Floyd is right though and Limbaugh was partially right.
McNabb was benefiting from Andy Reid's system and he may have been overrated at the time but the media attention he received wasn't because of his race...it was because of his explosive offense outputs. American's are used to black excellence in sports, that wasn't the reason for the spotlight on McNabb he was just a exciting athlete in a high powered offense.

With Jeremy Lin there is no question that his race is part of the attraction and hype. Months before he blew up NT'ers right here in the S&T forum were calling him the Asian Jackie Robinson
eek.gif
laugh.gif
. And he really is a racial trailblazer in many ways. Asians are underrepresented in the NBA and people are rightfully rallying behind him because of that reason....just like Yao Ming kept getting voted into the All-Star game by Asian fans, even though he could barely walk due to his rash of career ending injuries.

Just because someone references race doesn't make them racist. People need to take a breath and analyze whats being said for a second.

I don't see how Floyd's comments were racist or incorrect. 
Anybody who can't see that race has to do with Lin's hype is either naive or in denial.

My dude was receiving standing ovations entering the game with less than 0:20 seconds to go in 4th last year with the Warriors.
laugh.gif

Deadset what exactly wont you give Floyd a pass for? Saying something that YOU don't like?

Originally Posted by psk2310

The Latash Harlins murder still makes my blood boil. The husband of the lady that shot Latasha initially called 5-0 saying there was an attempted hold up. Then instead of a murder conviction, the lady gets convicted of voluntary manslaughter & get's like 10-15 years. The judge then gives her probation. I guess a black life isn't worth more than a bottle of orange juice...

That Cube track was after the whole Latasha tragedy - you can still feel the rage in the song...
... and it was outrageous because there was no justice served - when you think about it it's so sad it's funny: a young woman's life was taken, no one went to jail, and our only recourse is a diss track from a rapper. 
laugh.gif
Like, this is America?

...South Central was a ticking time bomb after that - Rodney King beaten on tape and the officers going free was just the final spark that set off the powder keg.

Ns had had enough.

Korean stores weren't looted and burned because Black folks wanted to tear down their own hood, they were looted and burned in vengance - it was an attempt to finally get even, and run Koreans outta town...

...but seein' how much better relations have gotten between Black and Koreans out here now is a cool @$# thing to see.

It's just @$@%%+ up that there had to be so much pain suffered on both sides to finally reach an understanding...

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Mayweather is a troll. 

At least someone else besides me see's this.
laugh.gif

No we seen it but thats not really the issue.  I hope others see that he just want's to build up this fight with Manny by any means necessary

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

im not though. when rush said that stuff about mcnabb, which one of y'all defending floyd defended rush as well?
laugh.gif

some of y'all will probably respond to that saying, well floyd is right but rush just wrong and just being racist. they're both exactly the same. they're both idiots
laugh.gif

i'll agree with those who are saying the korean girl went WAY overboard. no doubt what she said was worse, talking about wiping out an entire race. but i'm not giving a floyd a pass on his comments either, troll or no troll.
Well Floyd is right though and Limbaugh was partially right.
McNabb was benefiting from Andy Reid's system and he may have been overrated at the time but the media attention he received wasn't because of his race...it was because of his explosive offense outputs. American's are used to black excellence in sports, that wasn't the reason for the spotlight on McNabb he was just a exciting athlete in a high powered offense.

With Jeremy Lin there is no question that his race is part of the attraction and hype. Months before he blew up NT'ers right here in the S&T forum were calling him the Asian Jackie Robinson
eek.gif
laugh.gif
. And he really is a racial trailblazer in many ways. Asians are underrepresented in the NBA and people are rightfully rallying behind him because of that reason....just like Yao Ming kept getting voted into the All-Star game by Asian fans, even though he could barely walk due to his rash of career ending injuries.

Just because someone references race doesn't make them racist. People need to take a breath and analyze whats being said for a second.

I don't see how Floyd's comments were racist or incorrect. 
Anybody who can't see that race has to do with Lin's hype is either naive or in denial.

My dude was receiving standing ovations entering the game with less than 0:20 seconds to go in 4th last year with the Warriors.
laugh.gif

Deadset what exactly wont you give Floyd a pass for? Saying something that YOU don't like?

roll.gif

The whole thing is hilarious to me.

I just laugh when people say "well Obama got elected, so we're totally post-racial now!"

roll.gif

Ole Tim Wise book readin wannabes... 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

I just laugh when people say "well Obama got elected, so we're totally post-racial now!"

You have no idea how many arguments I've been in because of that...
...in a small sense, Obama getting elected made it worse.

I love my country with all my heart, but I've accepted the fact that we will never see an America totally devoid of racism...

...actually, we'll never see a world without racism.

And 
laugh.gif
 at the terrible timing of this ad at the top:

im far from an nba fan, let alone a lin fan. i just find it hypocritical that floyd's getting a pass from some of you when rush's comments were undeniably racist.

and goldenchild, when you say football is a sport where black individuals excel, no doubt. but the position of QB is different, especially 8 years ago. i know that we've seen more black QBs do well now, but eight years ago it's still a white QB dominated league. when i hear floyd say what he did, it sounds VERY similar to what rush said. similar enough to make view them both the same way. they both seem to be taking credit away from what a player has done and pinning their media success on race.

I dont know how Mayweather is racist. Lin jerseys are selling out crazy and Knicks games are the most watched team and the ratings in China are through the roof. ex. at the raptors game, sure it was asian appreciation night but there were tons of asian fans wearing Lin gear. So its like people like him because he's asian and represents them, but you cant actually say that out loud becuase its against the rules. Now Floyd came off like a douche when saying it but he's right. In tennis when the Williams were dominating, sure I watched them because they were black I dont deny it. Commentators can even say it, but they have to say it in a way that doesnt come off wrong.

Originally Posted by blakep267

I dont know how Mayweather is racist. Lin jerseys are selling out crazy and Knicks games are the most watched team and the ratings in China are through the roof. ex. at the raptors game, sure it was asian appreciation night but there were tons of asian fans wearing Lin gear. So its like people like him because he's asian and represents them, but you cant actually say that out loud becuase its against the rules. Now Floyd came off like a douche when saying it but he's right. In tennis when the Williams were dominating, sure I watched them because they were black I dont deny it. Commentators can even say it, but they have to say it in a way that doesnt come off wrong.
Have you seen the video of Mayweather saying racial slur about Pac/Asians?

Originally Posted by sdsolecollector23

link?
and the comment above me is probably racist

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

I'm asian and i don't think floyds comment was racist...it's true, Russell Westbrook is putting up the same stats every night and no ones talking about him. Monta ellis is putting up similar stats every night and no ones talking about him. Even steve nash...

on top of that Lin's TO's are
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Ditto. Except im not Asian. People are so quick to call others racist in this country its unbelievable. Given, Mayweather is a poorly educated person and usually says very ignorant things....but this was his opinion and frankly it has a bit of merit....its not a bad thing that Lin is getting props, nor that he spreads the word, just saying he is getting more attention because of the way he looks...

wasn't my intention to be funny, word to the situational racism thread.

as for lin as a player, im pretty sure he's getting the most attention because he was under the radar, but then led the knicks to 8/10 wins, came out avg over 25 a game, and what...over 10 assists? high TO yea, but thats just something that can be worked on with gained exp. people forget dude went from being a bench/roster slot holder/d leaguer to going 40min a game.

last time i checked westbrook is has already established his reputation as effective pg for okc, ellis is already known to be a one of the better scorers in the game, and one if not best player on the warriors. steve nash really? no1 talks about steve nash? REALLY? he's been around for HOW LONG?! yea he's def under the radar
grin.gif

him being asian american def plays a part, because of the increased fanbase, and the increase in business with relation to msg and the nba. but its not the primary reason.

mayweather was def not on the level of this jenny girl...it just wasn't a valid point honestly.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

link?

Originally Posted by RetroSan

link?

I meant in the context of his Lin comment. He didnt articulate his thougth very well but it wasnt racist

"I'm on vacation for about a year, about a year," Mayweather said. "Assoon as we come off vacation, we're going to cook that little yellowchump. We ain't worried about that. So they ain't gotta worry about mefighting the ******. Once I kick the ****** +!+, I don't want you allto jump on my d---. So you all better get on the bandwagon now. ...Once I stomp the ******, I'll make that mother f----- make me a sushiroll and cook me some rice."

Definitely NOT racist
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Great job Mayweather
30t6p3b.gif

Hopefully he can get cold-cocked in the middle of a grocery store, and Hyun walks in front of a bus.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Great job Mayweather
30t6p3b.gif

Hopefully he can get cold-cocked in the middle of a grocery store, and Hyun walks in front of a bus.

Mayweather and Hyun should just fight and take each other out.

im far from an nba fan, let alone a lin fan. i just find it hypocritical that floyd's getting a pass from some of you when rush's comments were undeniably racist.
I'm in a tough spot now that that other Mayweather incident has been brought up but I was under the impression that you think Mayweather's getting a pass for what he said about Lin, correct? What Floyd said about Lin isn't racist, it doesn't need a pass, you just don't like it.

"I'm on vacation for about a year, about a year," Mayweather said. "Assoon as we come off vacation, we're going to cook that little yellowchump. We ain't worried about that. So they ain't gotta worry about mefighting the ******. Once I kick the ****** +!+, I don't want you allto jump on my d---. So you all better get on the bandwagon now. ...Once I stomp the ******, I'll make that mother f----- make me a sushiroll and cook me some rice."

Now Floyd could very well be racist, either way I don't condone this and think he's wrong for it. But I also understand that he's in the business of self promotion. In that sense his line of work is more akin to WWE than the NBA. Drama, controversy, attention, he need all that. Call it giving it him a pass if that's how you want to see it, I already said it's wrong. But corporations and big business' implement business strategies that I think are immoral everyday.

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

29bo8wm.gif

Back
Top Bottom