Jim Courier Nike Tennis Kicks

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

I know this is nuts, but if Nike retroed 3-4 of the shoes on that catalog that SinnerP posted, I would probably cop multiples and "retire" from the game.

Just such a great shoe period, especially for NIKE Tennis.  Couriers are pretty slept on and overshadowed by Agassis, but they were the truth.
Haha, but the thing is, you wouldn't be able to play in them... at least, I wouldn't.  I tried playing in my ATC II's... big mistake.  I started getting foot problems after a few hours of play.  Maybe it was just me and maybe it was a coincidence, but I'd stick with tennis performance shoes... 
I believe it, and I hear you on the performance side of things.  I should clarify by saying, I would be good and could retire from the "game" meaning, I think I would grab 4-5 pair of each and consistently rotate between those and various kobes, existing trainers, and a few Jordans that I already own.  I recently picked up two ATC 2s ( both of the OG CWs), that I will most likely just keep DS for another 3-5 years, at which point I will rock them heavily and beat into the ground.  Same can be said for me for trainer max 91, bo Trainer SCs, huarache alphas, and air max 1s.  I feel like there is very little that I can think of off the top of my head, shoewise, that would get me as excitied as seeing some of the shoes on these last two pages retroed.  Unlikely, but we can always dream.....

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

I know this is nuts, but if Nike retroed 3-4 of the shoes on that catalog that SinnerP posted, I would probably cop multiples and "retire" from the game.

Just such a great shoe period, especially for NIKE Tennis.  Couriers are pretty slept on and overshadowed by Agassis, but they were the truth.
Haha, but the thing is, you wouldn't be able to play in them... at least, I wouldn't.  I tried playing in my ATC II's... big mistake.  I started getting foot problems after a few hours of play.  Maybe it was just me and maybe it was a coincidence, but I'd stick with tennis performance shoes... 
I believe it, and I hear you on the performance side of things.  I should clarify by saying, I would be good and could retire from the "game" meaning, I think I would grab 4-5 pair of each and consistently rotate between those and various kobes, existing trainers, and a few Jordans that I already own.  I recently picked up two ATC 2s ( both of the OG CWs), that I will most likely just keep DS for another 3-5 years, at which point I will rock them heavily and beat into the ground.  Same can be said for me for trainer max 91, bo Trainer SCs, huarache alphas, and air max 1s.  I feel like there is very little that I can think of off the top of my head, shoewise, that would get me as excitied as seeing some of the shoes on these last two pages retroed.  Unlikely, but we can always dream.....

^ Ah, I hear ya. It's strange cuz bballers can play in their retros, but with tennis and x-training retros, I'm not so sure that's the best idea. Then again I'm by no means "athletic"
embarassed.gif
 so maybe its just me and my feet... haha.
On a sidenote, probably my favorite Nike tennis polo... Challenge Court

From eBay

^ Ah, I hear ya. It's strange cuz bballers can play in their retros, but with tennis and x-training retros, I'm not so sure that's the best idea. Then again I'm by no means "athletic"
embarassed.gif
 so maybe its just me and my feet... haha.
On a sidenote, probably my favorite Nike tennis polo... Challenge Court

From eBay

that shirt brings back serious memories.  The shirt, the shorts, the shoes.  Had em all.  Remember taking so much crap for having the denim shorts, and then the denim with the built in spandex.  Hilarious now looking back on it.  I was ALL IN on the Nike Agassi stuff for sure.
roll.gif

that shirt brings back serious memories.  The shirt, the shorts, the shoes.  Had em all.  Remember taking so much crap for having the denim shorts, and then the denim with the built in spandex.  Hilarious now looking back on it.  I was ALL IN on the Nike Agassi stuff for sure.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom