Jim Harbaugh to accept 5 year $25 million offer from the 49ers

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

smokin.gif

All we need is a QB...

Matt Leinart
nerd.gif

If he fails, bomb and get the #1 pick in 2011.

Worst advice ever.

Too many people assumed Harbaugh would return to Stanford just because of Andrew Luck, when the two individual cases were completely separate for both parties involved. Although I will admit Luck's return must have made Harbaugh's decision tougher in the end. But bottom line Harbaugh and Luck WERE NOT inextricably linked. 
The QB situation is obviously the first thing that needs to be addressed. Everyone should fully expect San Francisco to cut ties with Alex Smith. I like Troy Smith as a backup in the league but his audition as a starter clearly did not plan out so well. I'm not sure Harbaugh would like to trade for either Kolb or McNabb unless he's convinced Kevin Kolb can be his long-term franchise quarterback. 

The two things I am surprised by is Jim Harbaugh neglecting to take Michigan seriously considering it's his alma mater. I also thought Miami's strong pitch and big money offer would lure Harbaugh to Florida. The Dolphins have some good pieces and are extremely comparable in talent to San Francisco. 

Too many people assumed Harbaugh would return to Stanford just because of Andrew Luck, when the two individual cases were completely separate for both parties involved. Although I will admit Luck's return must have made Harbaugh's decision tougher in the end. But bottom line Harbaugh and Luck WERE NOT inextricably linked. 
The QB situation is obviously the first thing that needs to be addressed. Everyone should fully expect San Francisco to cut ties with Alex Smith. I like Troy Smith as a backup in the league but his audition as a starter clearly did not plan out so well. I'm not sure Harbaugh would like to trade for either Kolb or McNabb unless he's convinced Kevin Kolb can be his long-term franchise quarterback. 

The two things I am surprised by is Jim Harbaugh neglecting to take Michigan seriously considering it's his alma mater. I also thought Miami's strong pitch and big money offer would lure Harbaugh to Florida. The Dolphins have some good pieces and are extremely comparable in talent to San Francisco. 

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Kevin Kolb is perfect for a coach like Harbaugh, he is going to be a good QB in this league
this.

do it trent!
I'm sure the Eagles would LOVE to receive a 2nd round pick for Kolb,
laugh.gif

Is he worth it?  Let someone else find out.

Not a big fan of Kolb or the notion of trading away picks.

Wouldn't mind getting this guy in the first round:

patrick-peterson-lsu.jpg

Doubt he falls to 7, I would rather trade picks to move up a couple of spots to get PP.

I think the 49ers should be happy if they can get Kolb on the cheap
That's the problem, he wont be cheap.  Eagles will probably ask for a "Matt Schaub" type package.  (Two 2nd round picks, swap first round picks)
grin.gif

Kevin Kolb is perfect for a coach like Harbaugh, he is going to be a good QB in this league
this.

do it trent!
laugh.gif

Wouldn't mind getting this guy in the first round:

patrick-peterson-lsu.jpg

Doubt he falls to 7, I would rather trade picks to move up a couple of spots to get PP.

That's the problem, he wont be cheap.  Eagles will probably ask for a "Matt Schaub" type package.  (Two 2nd round picks, swap first round picks)
grin.gif

this.

do it trent!
laugh.gif

Even with so many problems with qb's in the NFL?

this.

do it trent!
laugh.gif

Even with so many problems with qb's in the NFL?

Jim Harbaugh looks like a decent hire, but let's some variables in perspective. This is a college coach going directly to the pro game. In fact, he was set to be the highest paid coach in the league if he had accepted the Dolphins offer for 7-8 million a year. Only professional experience was being the Raiders QB coach for an extremely short period.

Could he have success? Of course. However, to extend an offer to him that would place him among the income of proven, Super Bowl winning head coaches (like Miami)? That's a little baffling to me.

What other options do you suggest?  Donovan McNabb (
laugh.gif
)? Vince Young (
laugh.gif
)? Cam Newton (
grin.gif
)? Ryan Mallet (
grin.gif
)?  Blaine Gabbert (
grin.gif
)?

How you laugh and mock those guys but have strong interest in Matt "Balloon Ball" Leinart is beyond me.

Kolb will cost some picks, if you are trying to fill holes, you don't want to give those up.

Yeah, and the quarterback position is not a hole...................

And I also think Matt would be a good choice. Back in Cali...
nerd.gif

Going back home would really help him dedicate himself fully to the game...

leinartdirty1.jpg

Jim Harbaugh looks like a decent hire, but let's some variables in perspective. This is a college coach going directly to the pro game. In fact, he was set to be the highest paid coach in the league if he had accepted the Dolphins offer for 7-8 million a year. Only professional experience was being the Raiders QB coach for an extremely short period.

Could he have success? Of course. However, to extend an offer to him that would place him among the income of proven, Super Bowl winning head coaches (like Miami)? That's a little baffling to me.

laugh.gif
)? Vince Young (
laugh.gif
)? Cam Newton (
grin.gif
)? Ryan Mallet (
grin.gif
)?  Blaine Gabbert (
grin.gif
)?

How you laugh and mock those guys but have strong interest in Matt "Balloon Ball" Leinart is beyond me.

Kolb will cost some picks, if you are trying to fill holes, you don't want to give those up.

nerd.gif

leinartdirty1.jpg

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif
)? Vince Young (
laugh.gif
)? Cam Newton (
grin.gif
)? Ryan Mallet (
grin.gif
)?  Blaine Gabbert (
grin.gif
)?

'Cause I can and because I already explained myself.  Ol' sensitive !#+...

McNabb will not be reasonable because of his price tag.  Young, forget about it.  If you draft Newton, Mallet and Gabbert that will be the guy for the next 3-4 years.  I would rather them take their chance on someone like Leinart, or another free agent looking for a shot and going all in for the 2012 Draft.

Is Kolb the future?  I'm sure the Eagles are thanking their lucky stars that Vick got his shot so they don't have to find out if Kolb is "their guy".  Not a fan of giving up picks, usually the team receiving them is the one that reaps the rewards (see: Patriots constantly fleecing other NFL teams).

nerd.gif

So the guy likes females...*shrugs*  As long as he lays of the booze. 
smokin.gif

He's going to get another shot.

Back
Top Bottom