Jim Tressel resigns from Ohio State!!!!

Originally Posted by PoloLax

There are a lot of people in here saying that players should be allowed to do what they want with their trophies, rings, etc.

To be honest, what will be more memorable down the line, a national trophy or some material item that's "hot" in the streets now. It is there life, I agree, but these players are throwing awards away for material items. As a college football player, one who plays at one of the nations top programs you would think these guys would have a little bit more pride about themselves, teammates, classmates, the university and the state that they represent. However, they don't. They were born with a skillset that many people would love to have, many people look up to these guys, etc. and they are out here pawning this @!@+ to make a car payment on a car they prob. can't afford or buy something else. To me it's disgusting, but that's just me.

While they have the right to do whatever with there hardware, look at this way. OSU is a public university, and the football program most likely relies a bunch on taxpayer money. These athletes on are free athletic scholarships and get a lot of perks by being a part of this type of program. The least they can do is understand that someone is paying for these things and it's not them. Now I understand boosters and donors and etc. put up a lot of private money, as well as endorements, etc, but the bottom line is this is also tax payer money as well.

As far as Tressel. Hate OSU. Glad he's gone.

The real problem is, how do you set value for these items? Boosters and agents start paying inflated values for these items and you have just legalized the paying of student athletes and the deepest pockets will win out.

I do think they should be paid something but the system above will take it too far

Originally Posted by PoloLax

There are a lot of people in here saying that players should be allowed to do what they want with their trophies, rings, etc.

To be honest, what will be more memorable down the line, a national trophy or some material item that's "hot" in the streets now. It is there life, I agree, but these players are throwing awards away for material items. As a college football player, one who plays at one of the nations top programs you would think these guys would have a little bit more pride about themselves, teammates, classmates, the university and the state that they represent. However, they don't. They were born with a skillset that many people would love to have, many people look up to these guys, etc. and they are out here pawning this @!@+ to make a car payment on a car they prob. can't afford or buy something else. To me it's disgusting, but that's just me.

While they have the right to do whatever with there hardware, look at this way. OSU is a public university, and the football program most likely relies a bunch on taxpayer money. These athletes on are free athletic scholarships and get a lot of perks by being a part of this type of program. The least they can do is understand that someone is paying for these things and it's not them. Now I understand boosters and donors and etc. put up a lot of private money, as well as endorements, etc, but the bottom line is this is also tax payer money as well.

The real problem is, how do you set value for these items? Boosters and agents start paying inflated values for these items and you have just legalized the paying of student athletes and the deepest pockets will win out.

I do think they should be paid something but the system above will take it too far

did anybody see the south park episode last week? where they compared crack baby's to student athletes. pretty funny

did anybody see the south park episode last week? where they compared crack baby's to student athletes. pretty funny

PoloLax wrote:

The football program is so big and successful at OSU that it turns a profit every single year and single handedly keeps Olympic and non-generating sports running. Ohio State like Texas football does not rely on any taxpayer money like other state schools do.

PoloLax wrote:

The football program is so big and successful at OSU that it turns a profit every single year and single handedly keeps Olympic and non-generating sports running. Ohio State like Texas football does not rely on any taxpayer money like other state schools do.

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

no more sweater vest
pimp.gif

OSU football runs on tax payer $ .????? What!!!! Smh no it does not.

Sweatervest gonna leave O$U in shambles. Buy this was the risk they were willing to take when they brought him in.

He had the same hustle goin on at Youngstown state and it wasn't a secret.

I'm not even gonna comment on the media who portrayed Tressel as honorable and upright individual

Btw where's Herbie?? Same clown tellin the world to blame it on th ayers an O$U don't need players like TP2 and Clarrett.

Credibility, shot!

OSU football runs on tax payer $ .????? What!!!! Smh no it does not.

Sweatervest gonna leave O$U in shambles. Buy this was the risk they were willing to take when they brought him in.

He had the same hustle goin on at Youngstown state and it wasn't a secret.

I'm not even gonna comment on the media who portrayed Tressel as honorable and upright individual

Btw where's Herbie?? Same clown tellin the world to blame it on th ayers an O$U don't need players like TP2 and Clarrett.

Credibility, shot!

I'd say it's gonna be queue a while before he gets another big time job, if he gets another opportunity.

I'd say it's gonna be queue a while before he gets another big time job, if he gets another opportunity.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I doubt Urban is willing to go to tOSU and wait out the NCAA sanctions.

But I mean theyre stacked enough to get through 2-3 yrs of sanctions, But Urbz doesnt like staying anuwhere for too long so we'll see
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I doubt Urban is willing to go to tOSU and wait out the NCAA sanctions.

But I mean theyre stacked enough to get through 2-3 yrs of sanctions, But Urbz doesnt like staying anuwhere for too long so we'll see
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom