JJ Redick Biggest Douche-Bag in NBA History?

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

In college, I was just annoyed that Salim Stoudemire got NO love for being much better at doing the same thing Reddick did. 

Can someone give me the background on this statement? I just glanced at both players' college stats and don't see how Salim could be considered much better than Redick. TIA.
Did you just glance at the part where JJ was a better career FT shooter? Because, NCAA-career-wise, Salim had significantly better FG% and 3PT%, and even beat JJ one year in FT%.

To be fair, Duke ran offense through JJ, so he was shooting more...but Salim was automatic. He was an assassin.

Dude must have been snubbed for an autograph or something. JJ's been a great role player for the past couple of years.

Dude must have been snubbed for an autograph or something. JJ's been a great role player for the past couple of years.

Originally Posted by ikari XD

this. i wish Orlando didnt match our offer this summer so he could have been on the Bulls this year, we could have used him

Originally Posted by ikari XD

this. i wish Orlando didnt match our offer this summer so he could have been on the Bulls this year, we could have used him

In college, I was just annoyed that Salim Stoudemire got NO love for being much better at doing the same thing Reddick did. 

Can someone give me the background on this statement? I just glanced at both players' college stats and don't see how Salim could be considered much better than Redick. TIA.
Did you just glance at the part where JJ was a better career FT shooter? Because, NCAA-career-wise, Salim had significantly better FG% and 3PT%, and even beat JJ one year in FT%.

To be fair, Duke ran offense through JJ, so he was shooting more...but Salim was automatic. He was an assassin.

Yup, I  first only looked at FT percentages. However, Cameron Indoor has 13 ft lines so I had to disregard this first stat. 
Salim never averaged over 19 ppg for 1 season. JJ's career average is 20. Was Salim the best player on Arizona? Or were they stacked, as opposed to the usual dearth of talent on Coach K led Duke teams? Also, during these years, was the Pac-10 the behemoth in CBB and the ACC its usual pathetic self? 
wink.gif

Again, how was Salim "much better" when he couldn't even pull 19 ppg in a season? 
nerd.gif

Yup, I  first only looked at FT percentages. However, Cameron Indoor has 13 ft lines so I had to disregard this first stat. 
Salim never averaged over 19 ppg for 1 season. JJ's career average is 20. Was Salim the best player on Arizona? Or were they stacked, as opposed to the usual dearth of talent on Coach K led Duke teams? Also, during these years, was the Pac-10 the behemoth in CBB and the ACC its usual pathetic self? 
wink.gif

Again, how was Salim "much better" when he couldn't even pull 19 ppg in a season? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Can someone explain this to me? Other than getting older, why does Reddick look SO much more different than he did in HS/College?

Like a totally different person IMO.
His body has changed since he got NBA level S&C.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Can someone explain this to me? Other than getting older, why does Reddick look SO much more different than he did in HS/College?

Like a totally different person IMO.
His body has changed since he got NBA level S&C.

I don't think JJ is the worst PLAYER in the league, but he certainly hasn't let go of the bigshot Duke days, which is a little funny to see in his on-court attitude (i.e the prancing and getting fired up after hitting 1 shot)

I'm just suprised that JJ has this many fans to be honest...

grin.gif

I don't think JJ is the worst PLAYER in the league, but he certainly hasn't let go of the bigshot Duke days, which is a little funny to see in his on-court attitude (i.e the prancing and getting fired up after hitting 1 shot)

I'm just suprised that JJ has this many fans to be honest...

grin.gif

If you think that he hasn't let go of his "bigshot Duke days" then I'm not sure we're watching the same player.

If you think that he hasn't let go of his "bigshot Duke days" then I'm not sure we're watching the same player.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I didn't phrase that right. I mean he knows/plays his role pretty well, but watch when he hits a jumpshot with anything less
than 4 or 5 minutes to go and he'll look around the stadium like he owns the place. Maybe it's merited? Who knows?
All I'm saying is I think that somewhere in the corner of JJ's mind, he's still top dog when it comes to shooting the rock.
Fair enough?

I didn't phrase that right. I mean he knows/plays his role pretty well, but watch when he hits a jumpshot with anything less
than 4 or 5 minutes to go and he'll look around the stadium like he owns the place. Maybe it's merited? Who knows?
All I'm saying is I think that somewhere in the corner of JJ's mind, he's still top dog when it comes to shooting the rock.
Fair enough?

Can't think of a bigger douche than Garnett.

The "He's got a ring, he's earned it, blah blah blah" argument is invalid.

That just makes him an old douche with jewelry.  He's still a douche.

Douche.

Can't think of a bigger douche than Garnett.

The "He's got a ring, he's earned it, blah blah blah" argument is invalid.

That just makes him an old douche with jewelry.  He's still a douche.

Douche.

Originally Posted by kingk777

Fair enough?

He absolutely should be top dog in his mind. 

Originally Posted by kingk777

Fair enough?

He absolutely should be top dog in his mind. 

Back
Top Bottom