Job or School

So this is  my last year of high school, and i want to finish off school. But the thing is my moms wants me to get a job. I want to but im behind in credits, and the homework is already pile ing up and it's hard for me to focus in school so it will hard to juggle both. So what would yall do, should it be reccommend that i focus on school and graduate on time, or get a job and help my mom out a little bit ( give her gas money, groceries etc.). Help NT FAM?

your earning potential as a high school graduate is far higher than your earning potential as someone who has yet to get a diploma.

What kind of helpful job can you get without a hs diploma?

Your job app gonna be even emptier without that diploma on there.

If ur momma made it with you in school for this long and want you to throw the towel in when you just making the final stretch, ur momma ain't got ur best interest at heart...

Don't she know ur fafsa check gonna be fatter than that part time minimum wage check from the grocery store?

no disrespect but...

what in the HELL kinda mombs wants their kid to drop outta HIGH SCHOOL...

to make 7.25 an hour? cuz that's all you getting... unless you go work at a car dealership...

:x :x

Can work part time for this last year and finish school?

It sucks if things are tough at home and if you have to make some money now to make ends meet, then who am i to give you advice . . . but in the long run, it'll be easier to provide if you at least have a HS diploma. And realistically, a HS diploma won't take you far unless you work your *** off and make a name for yourself and work your way up in whatever field you want to go in.

School... Don't screw yourself... If you don't finish high school... You'd never get a good job.

And try to get yourself in college for that matter.

Last edited:
Finish HS. Get a trade or go to college. Your mother would be quite foolish if she wants you to drop out of school to go get a job for a few dollars. Cause that is all you're gonna get without a HS Diploma. Hell, even in these times people with degrees are making that amount.:smh:

no disrespect but...

what in the HELL kinda mombs wants their kid to drop outta HIGH SCHOOL...

to make 7.25 an hour? cuz that's all you getting... unless you go work at a car dealership...

:x :x

Did you really just say mombs ?

But yeah money might be tight but please finish school. That's the most basic thing even the simplest job wants education wise. So don't off yourself like that.

Thanks alot you guys. Im gonna stay focused. and to answer the question as to why i cant do both is that i have ADHD, and it's really hard for me to focus which is the reason why im behind in credits, so i'm taking online classes which take a while for me to finish so i can get back on track to graduate. But i dont want to be a selfish person and not help my mom out cause she stays on E,  but has a job(dont know when she gets paid). But thanks for the advice again.

It's difficult even for college graduates to land jobs these days, so, someone lacking a HS diploma would probably be permanently unemployed for a decent job.  You should try to carefully weigh the pros and cons of graduating with a HS diploma. You should remember that a HS diploma is the bare minimum for entry to a job.

Maybe my high school was a joke, but I worked 3 nights a week and graduated without ANY effort. I would literally do homework in home room and maybe in a study hall period. If you put in a little effort high school should be a breeze.

Get the diploma. In today's economy, it's very difficult to get a job. I have a college degree and had a long road to finding the right job.

That piece of paper will make your life much easier in the future.

If it was college I'd tell you to do what you want...but bro...finish high school at all costs man.

Back
Top Bottom