Job or School

OP has issues that he might not want to disclose and it's easy for others to criticize. But OP has to finish High School first before anything else. Try to do the little things, like keep utilities low, and watch expenses. Help out the family and do more that way. I'm sure if you manage expenses and that type of thing, you'll actually find progress.

See if you can get help from social work or your local community. Finish school though. Good Luck.

Focus on school, man. You're not looking at too many job options as a high school student to begin with, but focusing on school should be the important thing right now, since you're still in it.

Like everyone else, finish school. At least get your High School Diploma/GED.

Dont give up on school, you will be regretting it later on in life.
If you need the $$$ work Part Time, Friday afternoons after school and the weekend.
Just say good bye to your weekend social life lol

LMFAO at mombs..but thanks for the advice, i'll see if i can manage juggling both, and if it doesn't work out. i'll just stay in school,

LMFAO at mombs..but thanks for the advice, i'll see if i can manage juggling both, and if it doesn't work out. i'll just stay in school,

Your best bet is working at a Dept Store... Like KMart, WalMart or Target..

They are usually flexible with schedule and you don't have to work 9 hour weekend shifts like a lot of stores in the Mall require on weekends..

Yes, these places suck royally, but it's a medium between not working and overworking... And no social life and total social life.

no disrespect but...

what in the HELL kinda mombs wants their kid to drop outta HIGH SCHOOL...

to make 7.25 an hour? cuz that's all you getting... unless you go work at a car dealership...

:x :x

this...
wth op

ok in all honestly i dropped out of HS to start working. I was making really good money at 18. It was all fun and games until last year when I lost my job. I was like "no worries, I'll find another job" not that easy. Employers were asking for proof of HS Diploma or GED. I didnt have either. Until I decided to go to college. of course they need a HS diploma or GED also. I went and got my GED. it was easy. but it sucked knowing that my parents never got to see me "walk" at graduation. Im 24 now. if i could go back i would've stayed in school and graduated. Thats something that comes once in a lifetime graduating from HS. stay in school and if your moms wants you to get a job than get a part time at your local mall or something. But def dont give up on school.

Do both, it's only high school. And definitely don't drop out of hs unless you think you can get a ged and move on. But I don't even recommend that, you're making excuses about simple *** hs now, imagine how you deal with the stuff that comes after. And you have the worst mom btw.

His mom isn't telling him to drop out of school, atleast I don't think she is. She's just asking him to get a job to help pay bills. 

Not that hard man, no offense. There are plenty of people going to college full time on top of a full time job. I'm sure you can do high school and a part time.

Your best bet is working at a Dept Store... Like KMart, WalMart or Target..
They are usually flexible with schedule and you don't have to work 9 hour weekend shifts like a lot of stores in the Mall require on weekends..
Yes, these places suck royally, but it's a medium between not working and overworking... And no social life and total social life.
sounds like a plan..i could probably balance both..i think im gonna start tryin to for one now..thanks for help!

ok in all honestly i dropped out of HS to start working. I was making really good money at 18. It was all fun and games until last year when I lost my job. I was like "no worries, I'll find another job" not that easy. Employers were asking for proof of HS Diploma or GED. I didnt have either. Until I decided to go to college. of course they need a HS diploma or GED also. I went and got my GED. it was easy. but it sucked knowing that my parents never got to see me "walk" at graduation. Im 24 now. if i could go back i would've stayed in school and graduated. Thats something that comes once in a lifetime graduating from HS. stay in school and if your moms wants you to get a job than get a part time at your local mall or something. But def dont give up on school.
thanks.im glad u went back and got your GED, that tells me that i need to finish  school. I think i can defitnitley try and balance both, that means over coming my ADHD and focus!

thanks.im glad u went back and got your GED, that tells me that i need to finish  school. I think i can defitnitley try and balance both, that means over coming my ADHD and focus!

it'll be rough at first but it will get easy once you have a routine going. after that its a piece of cake.

get that diploma it's an once in a lifetime achievement you don't want to regret doing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom