Job-Related Question... Need Your Input

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by rawjs

lol welcome to management v labor.
Your first tip off should've been about the "keep quiet from the rest of the co workers". That's just a a sign of shady management / poor work environment already. 
Yeah, you're exactly right.  I think I was so thrilled to get hired that I didn't even really think about what was going on.  Good point.

Is your boss kind of a loud mouth who speaks too much before he thinks and is very impulsive? Lots of them around.
laugh.gif

He's not really loud, but I remember when I interviewed with him he said to me, "I am speaking low b/c I don't want them to hear me, but you need to learn as much as you can as quickly as you can, b/c I want you leading them."  "Most of them are weak, with the exception of 1, but I don't think she can do it"

Come to think of it, he also said he wanted to meet with me a few times a week, and everytime I ask, he is "busy", yet he has met with the new employee about 5x in 3 days

Originally Posted by rawjs

lol welcome to management v labor.
Your first tip off should've been about the "keep quiet from the rest of the co workers". That's just a a sign of shady management / poor work environment already. 
Yeah, you're exactly right.  I think I was so thrilled to get hired that I didn't even really think about what was going on.  Good point.

Is your boss kind of a loud mouth who speaks too much before he thinks and is very impulsive? Lots of them around.
laugh.gif

He's not really loud, but I remember when I interviewed with him he said to me, "I am speaking low b/c I don't want them to hear me, but you need to learn as much as you can as quickly as you can, b/c I want you leading them."  "Most of them are weak, with the exception of 1, but I don't think she can do it"

Come to think of it, he also said he wanted to meet with me a few times a week, and everytime I ask, he is "busy", yet he has met with the new employee about 5x in 3 days

I don't think you have anything to be demoted from, sounds like he was leading you on. If it's not in writing it doesn't count, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

I don't think you have anything to be demoted from, sounds like he was leading you on. If it's not in writing it doesn't count, unfortunately.
Yeah, I think I just valued getting paid over logic in this one.  I def should have gotten it in writing.

Yeah, I think I just valued getting paid over logic in this one.  I def should have gotten it in writing.

Ah you live and learn, is the hourly job ok in the mean time? I guess I wouldn't want to work in that kind of shifty environment but on the other hand it probably happens a lot and any job is pretty good in this economy.

Ah you live and learn, is the hourly job ok in the mean time? I guess I wouldn't want to work in that kind of shifty environment but on the other hand it probably happens a lot and any job is pretty good in this economy.

That's the thing, the pay is good enough, so I am just going to look on the side but keep working hard as I need this money now and am fortunate I am hired, just sucks b/c I thought this was legit and would be a good place for growth

That's the thing, the pay is good enough, so I am just going to look on the side but keep working hard as I need this money now and am fortunate I am hired, just sucks b/c I thought this was legit and would be a good place for growth

wow OP, I'm in a very similar situation but I've been at my job for 10 months.  When I first started, I was told by HR that I'd be on the "fast track" to becoming an account executive at the company but couldn't start as one because I had no experience.  10 months later I'm still doing bs clerical work and it doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon.  I started looking for a new job yesterday.
I know how you feel about jumping on a situation, cause that's what I did.  Now when I look back at the interview process, I should have questioned them more instead of just buying everything HR said.

wow OP, I'm in a very similar situation but I've been at my job for 10 months.  When I first started, I was told by HR that I'd be on the "fast track" to becoming an account executive at the company but couldn't start as one because I had no experience.  10 months later I'm still doing bs clerical work and it doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon.  I started looking for a new job yesterday.
I know how you feel about jumping on a situation, cause that's what I did.  Now when I look back at the interview process, I should have questioned them more instead of just buying everything HR said.

Back
Top Bottom