Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

I hate when you apply to one job at a time, you get no calls, but if you apply to several jobs at the same time, all of a sudden they all want to call around the same time. Then you have to stress and get busy with all these interviews so close together, and don't know who will call you back up and can't decide whether you will do the other interview if the previous interviews you thought did so well.

That's a good problem. Relax

I usually go with references avaliable upon request.

Got an interview today with an on campus recruiter gig starts off with 52k pretty good for a newly grad. Pray for me famb!

I usually go with references avaliable upon request.

Got an interview today with an on campus recruiter gig starts off with 52k pretty good for a newly grad. Pray for me famb!
Shoot I been applying for gigs like this in the DC area but no luck. Good luck dude!

Don't put references available upon request on your resume. You're wasting valuable space. If they need references they will ask.

How did you find your job? Temp agency, job boards, references? 

Found it through an agency that posted it on Indeed. The company that I'm working for didn't post it on their website so they outsourced it. Of the reference requests I sent out, I only got two back. The third got back to me after I submitted my application and said she'd only verify my times of employment, but she'd give me a negative reference. We didn't have the best relationship and she was a terrible leader.

Good luck. Just keep plugging. It is very hard to stay motivated. This job came at the right time given my financial situation. I'm just waiting for the background check to be completed and then I can start.

just came from interview for an opening as a Business Analyst for a small IT management consulting firm...

went to lunch with CEO at this bomb Indian spot (Chicken Tikka Masala was excellent)...sat down @ 11:40a and left about 1:20p, so I'm hoping I was able to keep him interested...seems like a good company and the position reports directly to him so even better as far as learning opportunities go...

just came from interview for an opening as a Business Analyst for a small IT management consulting firm...

went to lunch with CEO at this bomb Indian spot (Chicken Tikka Masala was excellent)...sat down @ 11:40a and left about 1:20p, so I'm hoping I was able to keep him interested...seems like a good company and the position reports directly to him so even better as far as learning opportunities go...

What experience do u have if u don't mind me asking? I've been looking for BA gigs but the requirements seems vague in a sense that they don't really know what they want, but they do know they want 5+ years exp.

What experience do u have if u don't mind me asking? I've been looking for BA gigs but the requirements seems vague in a sense that they don't really know what they want, but they do know they want 5+ years exp.
Same here, looking for a BA role. Any help is much appreciated

the position was working with the company's sales and marketing dept in a business development role...he said it was very writing intensive and I am currently in content management/editing so I guess I fit...

Shoot I been applying for gigs like this in the DC area but no luck. Good luck dude!
preciate it bro I havent had much luck either I just decided to apply for a position my school posted just keep applying tho something is gonna shake!

the position was working with the company's sales and marketing dept in a business development role...he said it was very writing intensive and I am currently in content management/editing so I guess I fit...

Oh ok. See that's the thing w/ Business Analyst/Project Manager positions, the company really doesn't know what each does so they put the title, people apply and then signals get crossed.

I had a Skype interview with the city attorney's office in Seattle on 10/16. There were 4 people interviewing me simultaneously and I think it went well enough. One of the interviewers was a fellow black Greek. They told me to send a copy of my references and I did immediately. I sent a follow up email on 10/20 and got nothing back. Should I call them or chalk it up? If I should call them, what should I say?

^ give it a couple of days don't panic...it took months for some people to get their offers....do not stop applying to other positions tho

I had a Skype interview with the city attorney's office in Seattle on 10/16. There were 4 people interviewing me simultaneously and I think it went well enough. One of the interviewers was a fellow black Greek. They told me to send a copy of my references and I did immediately. I sent a follow up email on 10/20 and got nothing back. Should I call them or chalk it up? If I should call them, what should I say?

Have you reached out to your reference(s) to see if they've contacted them? If they haven't talked to your references then I would used this is as the contact point for reaching out to the office -- Just wanted to see if you were able to reach my references (name the specific reference you feel is your strongest) as I know s/he has been traveling of late for business and I know during our conversation you expressed a desire to fill the position quickly.

You'll either get we haven't started calling references yet but will let you know or we only reached out to the candidate we offered to at this time.

If they HAVE called your references already then your reach out to them can come from the interview -- think back to a question that was raised or concern noted for the person taking on the position. This will be your entry point --- saw this article about (yada yada)/ or found myself thinking about the point you raised during our conversation and I thought it presented and opportunity to use (yada yada) model for workflow....

Back
Top Bottom