Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Doing my first skype interview for a healthcare company tomorrow. Any tips? Questions to ask? Kinda nervous.

Last edited:
Just take it serious as a face to face interview and do your do diligence before the interview as always. I also have a desk I pull out for skype interviews

I had a Skype interview with the city attorney's office in Seattle on 10/16. There were 4 people interviewing me simultaneously and I think it went well enough. One of the interviewers was a fellow black Greek. They told me to send a copy of my references and I did immediately. I sent a follow up email on 10/20 and got nothing back. Should I call them or chalk it up? If I should call them, what should I say?
If I haven't heard from anyone, I'll usually call, reiterate my interest in the position and simply ask if a decision has been made regarding the vacancy.

I've been applying to US Probation Officer jobs all over the country: Portland, SD, Denver. I just got laid off from my job as Parole Officer in MA. It's hard getting actual humans to respond. Seems like EVERY correspondence is e-mailed.

Shirt and tie in a video conference interview is a must. I'd put the pants on too just in case they pull a fast one and ask you to stand up (always felt like that would happen to me)

When going to a physical interview, how do you guys carry extra resumes?

Leather portfolio. You can find a nice one at a budget price at Target or an OfficeMax.

Bought one before I graduated from college and it hasn't failed me since. It also has a notepad that I used as an interview log.

Going to the navy, figured I'd be able to work in active duty and find a career there cause there's really nothing for me out here except 9 bucks an hour

Any agency I've been interested in for a long time just put up "transfer opportunities" in my area. Since I'm not employed by them at the moment, should I even bother reaching out to them as an external applicant?

I interviewed with them 3 years ago, but didn't have the necessary experience at the time. Now I do. Figures all the other cities they're taking external applicants but in the Boston area the announcement is specifically for transfers
mean.gif

Going to the navy, figured I'd be able to work in active duty and find a career there cause there's really nothing for me out here except 9 bucks an hour
I'll think long and hard into that decision. What type of jobs you looking for in the Navy?

When going to a physical interview, how do you guys carry extra resumes?

Leather portfolio. You can find a nice one at a budget price at Target or an OfficeMax.

Bought one before I graduated from college and it hasn't failed me since. It also has a notepad that I used as an interview log.
gotcha

would you guys say that 10 extra resumes in there is god enough?

I'll think long and hard into that decision. What type of jobs you looking for in the Navy?
really whatever jobs I qualify for after I take the asvab. See what interest me and go for it. Of course research will be done before a decision is made.

It seems like I have a hard time talking about myself at interviews. In the interviews it feels like I'm ok, then when I leave and reflect on it I'm like "bruh...for real?" lol

Btw if you sent a thank you letter and received no reply back after a week should you call and thank them for the interview or just wait.

I feel like I didn't get the job if they don't reply back.

Said **** it today and called to thank him too. This was a big time engineering firm so I wasnt about to miss the boat off chance and be upset.

Hiring Manager said he was glad I called a week later aside from the email and it shows im pro-active. Said none of the other engineers did what I did and hes gonna try and get me in. Said he has already fwd me to the senior and is just waiting.

Back
Top Bottom