Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Resigned yesterday as my new job needs me to start next Monday and was told my services weren't needed after tomorrow and was I still coming in. My boss literally got disappointed after I told her even when I offered to finish everything that I was working on. Crazy thing about it was that HR was happy for me of all people and wished me luck as the role was long term as opposed to freelancing. I've heard of this happening but never experienced it myself. They'll fire you with no remorse, but get pissed when you move on. Just another reason why we need to look out for our own interests.
@Rell Lauren

I can understand why they were mad (if you were a full-time employee and gave last minute's notice), but since you mentioned freelancing, was this a temp gig?

If so, you did nothing wrong here. Full time job > temp all day every day.

I'm all for not burning bridges, but your boss sounds petty.

Last edited:
Feel like I've asked this question in here before but does anyone know of some good online MS Excel tutorials? Tired of using my mouse and want to understand advanced functions better.

Feel like I've asked this question in here before but does anyone know of some good online MS Excel tutorials? Tired of using my mouse and want to understand advanced functions better.

I'm interested in this as well. Let me know if you find something you find helpful.

I'm interested in this as well. Let me know if you find something you find helpful.
I will man gonna spend my weekend looking into this today I was explicitly told that I need to learn my keyboard shortcuts

there's excel classes around, usually either through city educational programs, or a job training organization. I took one years ago that was free, it was 2 days, 6-8 hours each day, I learned a lot about excel and how to execute the formulas. I never actually needed excel so i threw away or lost the notes :lol:

What are people thoughts on applying for a position at another company that your company also works with?

Example is me and one of the partners at my firm works with a few attorneys with the firm I want to apply for.

Is it bad business unless I know I can get the job or would HR not even know of the few clients me and the partner work with it. Other than we work near each other?

What are people thoughts on applying for a position at another company that your company also works with?

Example is me and one of the partners at my firm works with a few attorneys with the firm I want to apply for.

Is it bad business unless I know I can get the job or would HR not even know of the few clients me and the partner work with it. Other than we work near each other?
Most firms won't snitch on you to your current employer.

Give it a shot.

Guys. Quick Q. I am applying for engineering internship. Got an interview. Do i shave all hair on my face and get a baby face, or do I keep some hair but make it clean?

I always been told to shave before interview but I get a baby face. Another friend said its okay to keep some stubble to show maturity and wisdom.

What do i do?

I would clean shave. You can easily meet that person who still believes in doing things totally by the book, blue/gray suit only, no facial hair or jewelry etc etc, and you could kill your chances right there because he thinks you don't respect the process.

Shaving your face is the safer option.

Last edited:

Guys. Quick Q. I am applying for engineering internship. Got an interview. Do i shave all hair on my face and get a baby face, or do I keep some hair but make it clean?

I always been told to shave before interview but I get a baby face. Another friend said its okay to keep some stubble to show maturity and wisdom.

What do i do?
Clean shave. Don't give them any reason to reject you just based on your looks (yes, this does happen).

What do i do?

how about demonstrating that you'd be a damn good engineer instead? One of my employees looks like Action Bronson and he's the hardest worker on the team. Employers don't give a f what you look like as long as you prove you can bring in the $$ at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Replied to a email via Craigslist about a environmental job closer to my current location. I'm supposed to meet the manager tomorrow, but besides a pretty legit website I can't find any information about this company (ie..reviews) that does major environmental work for big name. companies.

I don't know how I feel about this, I typically like to read reviews on the company to make sure it's not some crazy racist/toxic workforce. Dude seems chill but I can't find anything about the company not even on BBB or LinkedIn.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Replied to a email via Craigslist about a environmental job closer to my current location. I'm supposed to meet the manager tomorrow, but besides a pretty legit website I can't find any information about this company (ie..reviews) that does major environmental work for big name. companies.

I don't know how I feel about this, I typically like to read reviews on the company to make sure it's not some crazy racist/toxic workforce. Dude seems chill but I can't find anything about the company not even on BBB or LinkedIn.

Any thoughts/ideas?
Worst comes to worst, you lose time meeting him.

What do i do?

Even if you don't want to clean shave at least keep the facial hair you do have on your face close and neatly groomed. I don't think facial hair would be a deal breaker but if you go in there looking "scruffy" you could possibly come as someone who doesn't have any regard for their appearance. Just keep it groomed at least and you should be okay. If they want to give you the job they'll give you the job.

Last edited:

Any thoughts/ideas?
Worst comes to worst, you lose time meeting him.
I second this.

I couldn't find any reviews and a basic Linkedin page for my current gig but I went to the interview. The office and company was legit

Black suits are okay for an engineering internship interview right?

If you have no choice then fine. But black suits are typically for 2 types of events. Black tie events or funerals. Different shades of grey and navy blue are your staple with patterns, shades, and pinstripe/without. Also avoid light grey suits outside the summer months. Charcoal suits are more acceptable throughout the year.

Now this applies to finacial services more than anything else but I'd apply this concept to every industry really. Oh a please make sure the suit is fitted properly. No baggy pants or pants that are too short. I see too many hipsters with this look nowadays. You'll be shooting yourself in the foot as soon as the receptions sees you.

One last tip. Make sure your shoe color and belt color match. If you wear a brown belt with blacks shoes or vice versa it's RIP on site.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom