Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Anyone ever get placed on a waiting list for a county gig? Got in at contra Costa county but #30 on the list :stoneface:

I'm too important in my department. She actually called me and said she never seen that side of me since I'm too professional. That is no biggie. That it was a nice change since I'm always about my business and not open dancing. Lol.
Not for nothing, I find it very unprofessional for a "boss" to call an employee to comment on his side outside of work.

Just saying ...
Disagree, you represent yourself and your employer 24/7. You Wyle outside of work and you could easily make your employer look bad. People get fired for that kind of stuff.

I'm too important in my department. She actually called me and said she never seen that side of me since I'm too professional. That is no biggie. That it was a nice change since I'm always about my business and not open dancing. Lol.
Sounds like she's interested in you. Why would she call you to tell you that. Maybe its me, but it sounds like there is more to this.

Sounds like she's interested in you. Why would she call you to tell you that. Maybe its me, but it sounds like there is more to this.
Chill, fam.

Don't want the homie to potentially lose his job unless he can make a power play by smashing + getting a promotion.

Oh I'll try that too! Just looking for pointers not the sarcasm!
What kind of question is that though ? You come into a thread about jobs asking if anyone uses linkedin.

Last edited:
What kind of question is that though ? You come into a thread about jobs asking if anyone uses linkedin.

It's a job thread so any questions can be asked job related. Everyone has their own opinion about job sites, everyone doesnt use linkedin, monster, careerbuilder etc. Its a preference. I was seeing who uses it to see how they go about searching for jobs on there.

Linkedin has done next to nothing for me in terms of job seeking. I see people say that it helped them and I'm just skeptical from the jump.

It's a job thread so any questions can be asked job related. Everyone has their own opinion about job sites, everyone doesnt use linkedin, monster, careerbuilder etc. Its a preference. I was seeing who uses it to see how they go about searching for jobs on there.

This dude really tried to play you for asking a real question. SMH. I dont use linkedin. Ive never really had to, but I would say every measure is good for trying to land your next gig.

Linkedin has done next to nothing for me in terms of job seeking. I see people say that it helped them and I'm just skeptical from the jump.

This but what I have used it for was, investigating the racial structure of my interview.:smh: I've almost always been able to see
who would be potentially interviewing me and the staff.

I tried using Linkedin, but I haven't been as successful as some of my friends.

Ah well.

I've heard some success but never first hand. I'm just trying whatever i can to get what I want.

This dude really tried to play you for asking a real question. SMH. I dont use linkedin. Ive never really had to, but I would say every measure is good for trying to land your next gig.
Dude out if his mind. Yea I'm a give it a shot

I just cold-network through LinkedIn.

Have applied to jobs there, but nothing ever came of it.
I'm a give it a shot.

This but what I have used it for was, investigating the racial structure of my interview.:smh: I've almost always been able to see
who would be potentially interviewing me and the staff.
Thats a good idea lol

I tried using Linkedin, but I haven't been as successful as some of my friends.

Ah well.
What methods they used?

From Gaf:
 LinkedIn has had the most luck for me. Found a really awesome job that I'm currently in the interview stages for right now.

Indeed and Glassdoor are both good, too.

Again, this is a job thread, where many tools for finding jobs are discussed in here and or mentioned. Linkedin being 1 of them. It's like asking about a the 7's in a all things jordan thread.

He's a big boy and can speak for himself. You can let go.

Last edited:
Again, this is a job thread, where many tools for finding jobs are discussed in here and or mentioned. Linkedin being 1 of them. It's like asking about a the 7's in a all things jordan thread.
He's a big boy and can speak for himself. You can let go.

Or you could stop trying to sound smarter than you really are bro. But I know my place now. Thank you for pointing that out.

Same here, it has done nothing for me. Pretty much just a public place for people to see my resume :smh: I'm considering deleting it

Disagree, you represent yourself and your employer 24/7. You Wyle outside of work and you could easily make your employer look bad. People get fired for that kind of stuff.
this is not the military ... In addition, I was just staying within the context of the situation. He was hammered, not acting a fool and probably not wearing anything that represented the company.

In addition the phone call was placed to say that they never seen that side of him. It was not to discussed conduct.

And the last part ... That it was a nice change since he is always about his business.

That along can be misconstrue a few ways ...

Bottom line the phone call was not about his conduct n thus it never should of have been made.

If it came up during a normal conversation fine.

If it was a man calling a female employee to tell her that ... Well ... Lets not go there.

Back
Top Bottom